Chuck

Chuck Versus the Cat Squad

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Feb 14, 2011 on NBC

• Better than recent episodes

I think I enjoyed this episode because for the first time in a long time, Chuck wasn't obsessing about his mother. I like Linda Hamilton but I just haven't bonded with her portrayal of Mary Bartowski. This episode features the reunion of the C.A.T. Squad, Sarah's former CIA team which includes the return of Carina, the one-time Morgan fling. As it turns out the team is long on hot looks but not so stout in the friendship department as one of their members is believed to be a double agent.

The episode also featured the advancement of some relationships as Morgan and Alex almost break up due to Carina's interference but wind up escalating their connection in parallel with Chuck and Sarah advancing their wedding train with their engagement party and Sarah coming to terms with some past issues and asking Ellie to be her made of honor.

Lastly we have a fairly lame attempt at sweeps week hype with the guest casting of Lou Diamond Phillips. Not sure if he was miscast or misused but it just didn't work.