Chuck

Chuck Versus the Couch Lock

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Oct 18, 2010 on NBC

• An intense, fun, strong and perfect episode.

Chuck season four started nicely and follwed the story of Chuck's mother and Chuck and Sarah's relation until episode 4, episode 5; Chuck vs the chouch lock is a change of direction and intensity. It gave us a deep view into Casey's character and past. It starts off in Iran where Casey led a team to do a mission there and his team saw piles of gold and his disapproved to share them so they turned against him but he kicked their butts real hard. Then the story connects with Chuck's mom and how they areminvolved, so the mission is to lure them and the only way is to Fake Casey's death!
    Overall, the episode is great and funny and ends very well.
    Hope Chuck stays on for more seasons and gets the appreciation it deserves.
  • Weak episode

This episode was a little weak and not very engaging. I would have expected the fake funeral to be funnier, and more exciting, but the storyline was rather predictable and not very fun. I'm glad Morgan finally told Casey he was dating his daughter... the subplot in this episode was alright but not great. I was also glad Chuck finally found out his mom is the bad guy's "boss", though the call from her at the end came out of nowhere. Hopefully, now that she has made contact, the season will improve, since it has been rather lacklustre thus far.
  • Only those words from Morgan could bring a father out of couch lock.

I'm a completely biased reviewer, I'll say that right now, because I have and always will love this show. Every week I enjoy the crap out the new Chuck episode. This week was no different, besides the fact that I thought it was the best of the season so far.

The Casey and Morgan confrontation about Alex has been in the works for awhile now and the scene absolutely didn't disappoint. I had to pause the show before I could keep watching after Morgan spilled the beans.

It was nice to see this episode lose the constant Chuck-Sarah relationship problems that have been the focus of the first few episodes. I mean I didn't hate them, but it was nice for there not to be a crisis in their dating for once.

As with previous episodes dealing with Casey's history, like the one where we met his sensai/trainer, there was lots of great material. Despite his lack of words, he has always been such a strong presence on the show. The part where Jeff intercepts the phone call and him and Lester pick up Casey was great. Their two awkward conversations AT Casey were just as funny. As usual, I love how they find a way to implement secondary characters into the spy parts.

Casey's old gang was utilized to an extent, but I felt there could have been just a little more with them. It didn't hurt that there wasn't.

The final scene in the bunker with the gold was priceless, with Morgan's surrender and his subsequent plan to save them all taking the cake. It was nice to see Casey help Morgan with Alex and his line, "If you break her heart, I break your...everything," was the icing on the cake.

I understand Chuck's reasons to feel like he needs to give up on his mission to track down his mother, but I was wondering how he was going to get pulled back into to...and then THE phone call. Perfect timing, no?

Great episode, can't wait for next weeks'!
  • One of the best episodes of the season. It just keeps getting better and better!

I have to say that this week's show was a bit refreshing and I agree that it was nice not to have a looming relationship "crisis" in the whole Chuck-Sarah thing going on. I mean ok we the fans wanted them together, (it was only natural after three seasons), they got together now just let them…just be them…together and leave that alone. Honestly though I have to point out for the writers that what couple do you know that always, and I mean always, refer to each other by first names. Come on…in private conversations every real couple refer to each other with nick names or refer to each other as "Honey" "Babe" or "Dear",(just look at Ellie and Awesome for an example), on that note the relationship is coming across as a little superficial to me.

Casey's old colleagues being the only ones to show up for his funeral was a little cold if you ask me, but I guess it was necessary for the plot line, and how they worked the antics of Jeff and Lester in was great.

The fact that Morgan had to tell Casey about his relationship with Alex was inevitable of course, but I think it's awesome how they built up to it and the fact that Morgan finally had to grow the grapes to fess up to Casey in order to bring him out of couch lock was CLASSIC! I mean come on my fellow Dads who have daughters; we've all been there or are going to be there, it was presented perfectly and I loved it. Then Morgan inviting him to the "party" later and Casey inviting Alex was a nice touch, culminating in "If you break her heart, I break your...everything," which summed it all up perfectly for me. Chuck wanting to give up trying to track down his Mom after finding out more of her roll with the dark side was an interesting twist, and then the subsequent ending the "cliffhanger" phone call I must agree with the earlier post was perfect timing and a perfect was to wrap up the episode. Can't wait to see the inevitable standoff coming between Mom and Sarah considering all the possible female "testosterone" and unavoidable posturing over our main man Chuck should prove for a great future episode.