Chuck

Chuck Versus the Couch Lock

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Oct 18, 2010 on NBC

• Only those words from Morgan could bring a father out of couch lock.

I'm a completely biased reviewer, I'll say that right now, because I have and always will love this show. Every week I enjoy the crap out the new Chuck episode. This week was no different, besides the fact that I thought it was the best of the season so far.

The Casey and Morgan confrontation about Alex has been in the works for awhile now and the scene absolutely didn't disappoint. I had to pause the show before I could keep watching after Morgan spilled the beans.

It was nice to see this episode lose the constant Chuck-Sarah relationship problems that have been the focus of the first few episodes. I mean I didn't hate them, but it was nice for there not to be a crisis in their dating for once.

As with previous episodes dealing with Casey's history, like the one where we met his sensai/trainer, there was lots of great material. Despite his lack of words, he has always been such a strong presence on the show. The part where Jeff intercepts the phone call and him and Lester pick up Casey was great. Their two awkward conversations AT Casey were just as funny. As usual, I love how they find a way to implement secondary characters into the spy parts.

Casey's old gang was utilized to an extent, but I felt there could have been just a little more with them. It didn't hurt that there wasn't.

The final scene in the bunker with the gold was priceless, with Morgan's surrender and his subsequent plan to save them all taking the cake. It was nice to see Casey help Morgan with Alex and his line, "If you break her heart, I break your...everything," was the icing on the cake.

I understand Chuck's reasons to feel like he needs to give up on his mission to track down his mother, but I was wondering how he was going to get pulled back into to...and then THE phone call. Perfect timing, no?

Great episode, can't wait for next weeks'!