Chuck

Chuck Versus the Couch Lock

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Oct 18, 2010 on NBC

• One of the best episodes of the season. It just keeps getting better and better!

I have to say that this week's show was a bit refreshing and I agree that it was nice not to have a looming relationship "crisis" in the whole Chuck-Sarah thing going on. I mean ok we the fans wanted them together, (it was only natural after three seasons), they got together now just let them…just be them…together and leave that alone. Honestly though I have to point out for the writers that what couple do you know that always, and I mean always, refer to each other by first names. Come on…in private conversations every real couple refer to each other with nick names or refer to each other as "Honey" "Babe" or "Dear",(just look at Ellie and Awesome for an example), on that note the relationship is coming across as a little superficial to me.

Casey's old colleagues being the only ones to show up for his funeral was a little cold if you ask me, but I guess it was necessary for the plot line, and how they worked the antics of Jeff and Lester in was great.

The fact that Morgan had to tell Casey about his relationship with Alex was inevitable of course, but I think it's awesome how they built up to it and the fact that Morgan finally had to grow the grapes to fess up to Casey in order to bring him out of couch lock was CLASSIC! I mean come on my fellow Dads who have daughters; we've all been there or are going to be there, it was presented perfectly and I loved it. Then Morgan inviting him to the "party" later and Casey inviting Alex was a nice touch, culminating in "If you break her heart, I break your...everything," which summed it all up perfectly for me. Chuck wanting to give up trying to track down his Mom after finding out more of her roll with the dark side was an interesting twist, and then the subsequent ending the "cliffhanger" phone call I must agree with the earlier post was perfect timing and a perfect was to wrap up the episode. Can't wait to see the inevitable standoff coming between Mom and Sarah considering all the possible female "testosterone" and unavoidable posturing over our main man Chuck should prove for a great future episode.