Chuck Versus the Coup D'Etat

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Oct 11, 2010 on NBC

Do any of you guys remember season 1? Do you? As I was watching this, I felt as though I was watching a romantic comedy rather than a snarky spy comedy that this show started out being. I'm really getting tired of Chuck & Sarah's relationship problems as they take up just about half the episode, leaving the spy mission lacking.

In the last episode, the relationship issues wasn't much of a problem, and the spy mission really shined, but in this episode, I just kept wondering to myself why Chuck & Sarah are talking about their relationship when they're in the middle of trying to get a country to stop being nuclear. Even the spy mission ended up in romance, the end felt like a cop out since all they did to save the day was help the couple on their relationship. What?

Then of course we have Morgan & Alex, another plot about relationships. Either Chuck & Sarah need to break up or just the writers need to remember what the show was like in the first place, not solely focused on relationships, focus on the mission. This just didn't feel like Chuck, and everything was off. Even the cliffhanger left me uninterested.