Chuck

Chuck Versus the Delorean

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Dec 08, 2008 on NBC

• Sarah's father comes in

In Chuck vs. the Cougars, it was revealed before she became a spy, Sarah was the daughter of a con man, moving from place to place while her father stole money. When her father was finally arrested, Sarah was offered a role in the FBI and she put her past behind her. Now, her old wounds resurface when her father comes back into town. Chuck is more than interested with her father since he always looks to uncover anything about Sarah's past. For Sarah, she's just looking to catch up. She's no longer as angry as she used to be about her father, she just wants to see him again. However, her dad is up to his usual tricks and conned a powerful Middle Eastern man named the Sheik and it's up to Chuck, Casey, and Sarah to clean up the mess. Meanwhile, Anna wants her and Morgan to move into an apartment together. Awesome gets on the deal and loans Morgan money to start. However, since Morgan is Morgan, always a self-proclaimed slacker, instead buys a DeLorean. Funny. Sarah's father doesn't know she's a spy so he's not informed about her relationship with Casey and Chuck. He's knows something's going on between her and Chuck and he would know: he stole Chuck's credit card and wallet. An elaborate scheme is set in place to reel in Sheik, involving Chuck speaking in a very bad but hysterical German accent. Sarah's father double-crosses the team and the Sheik and winds up in trouble. Chuck winds up saving the day in many ways. He borrows the DeLorean, saves Sarah's father and gets the Sheik's money frozen. The Sheik, in a hilarious move, steals the DeLorean to get away and Chuck calls it in. The thief saves Morgan and gives his enough money to but the apartment, if this time, he can resist a General Lee. Sarah lets her father escape the authorities, and Chuck has the father's seal of approval for Chuck and he does know how much Chuck loves his daughter. Chuck thinks he'll be back. Sarah doesn't believe it. She's made peace with her dad but that doesn't mean all is forgiven. There is so much to like about this episode: Chuck revealing to Sarah about his father, hopefully his father will come in at some point, Morgan buying a DeLorean, and Chuck stumbling with the German accent, among others.
  • Chuck, Sarah's Dad and the naffest car ever - what are you waiting for!

Another great episode of Chuck here - I don't know how they keep the quality so high. It was good to see Sarah's Dad featuring in this one, we get a little bit more depth for her character. The hustle with the Lichtenstein office was hysterical. Not so much Buy More sub-plot this week but there were nice moments with Anna in particular who I haven't seen for a few weeks. No Emmett or Big Mike though and Lester and Jeff were hardly on screen at all. Awesome's character seemed to toughen up a bit this week, I'm not sure I like him like that. Just one more episode before the break. Can't wait!
  • Sarah's dad shows up

Jack Burton, Sarah's Dad pops up in this episode. A flashback revealed a young girl; Sarah was an accomplice to her father. Now out of jail, Jack came to see Sarah, soon revealing he'd conned a million dollars off of a sheik and in the process giving us our case of the week. The General quickly wanted Sarah to exploit Jack's access to him. Jack fit in great with the group, and vice versa, since being an undercover spy and a con artist do pool from a similar skill set. And while Jack's double cross of the group by putting the entire 10 million they'd conned from the sheik wired to Chuck's bank account. Jack got caught by the Sheik and wanted his money back, Chuck saved the day.
  • Awesome

Sarah's father, a con artist, comes to meet her, revealing that he conned a Saudi Arabian sheik, Rajiv Amad, out of nearly a million dollars. The sheik turns out to be connected to terrorist fundings, so the General wants Sarah and Chuck to gain intel from Sarah's father, but things get complicated when Amad shows up.

Anna wants to take her relationship with Morgan a step further and asks him to move in an apartment with her. Devon lends him some money to buy one, but instead, he buys a car. this was one of my favourite episode full of twists and turns.
  • To con a con artist.

Sarah's father turns up and turns the team into con artist's by posing as a seller of a business to a Saudi Sheik for nearly a million dollars but when Chuck connects that the Sheik is funding terrorist's.

Morgan is in deep over his head when Anna wants to move in together. Devon decides to lend Morgan some money but instead buys a car, a back to the future Delorean which turns out to be more trouble than it's worth.

A funny episode and loved the ending with Morgan drooling over the General Lee ( Dukes of Hazzard car )...... Oh Yeah....
  • Chuck I'd like you to meet my dad Jack Burton.

I've got to say it was nice to meet Sarah's dad but one thing that continually frustrates is how little we actually know about her life post Chuck, post intersect. We know about and have seen some of her time during the Bryce years, we know when she become an agent and we've seen what her childhood was like not to mention her real name but it's all still in pieces with very few deatails. I'd imagine they're saving the grit for when Chuck and Sarah finally become a couple, again but I want to know so badly.

That being said it's so nice to see them getting backn on the Chuck Sarah bandwagon. Let's just hope they stick it out this time, I know it's complicated but I think it'll be fantastic and just add to the show so wonderfully. The scene where Sarah's dad talks about how Chuck loves Sarah was wonderful and that last scene at the end of the episodewhere Chuck comforts Sarah is very sweet. Plus Chuck's little pep talk to Sarah in her room, could the guy be any sweeter!
  • One of my all-time favorite episodes. (just recently watched it again)

Gary Cole guest stars as Sarah's father Jack Burton. They have a little run-in which Chuck when Sarah catches him spying on their dinner date thinking she was stepping out on him with an older man.

This is one of my favorite episodes because we get a little taste of Sarah's history and get to see how Sarah become who she is today. Gary Cole, whom I love, plays the perfect role as her father too! This one has a bit of an emotional ending but in a good way. Lots of humor, lots of fun and excitement to boot. To me, that's all it takes to constitute a perfect episode and from a fantastic show at that.