Chuck

Chuck Versus the Dream Job

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Apr 06, 2009 on NBC

• Chuck meets his dad and realizes not everything is as it seems as he goes undercover for his dream job.

This episode didn't exactly start slow, but it started kind of in a very subtle fashion. Scott Bakula played his character very low key in the beginning and than you saw how good he could be. After all he was on a show where he had to play a different character every week, so playing two versions of himself is childs play.

It was just a great moment Ellie seeing her dad again, and for the first time on screen. Even Devon played his Awesome character in a very interesting more low key way.

Of course we later find out how significant Chuck's dad really is. That was a great moment too.

Chevy Chase sucked as usual, but you know what. In this case it works, because it adds to you wanting to hate him He is the bad guy after all.

The tranquilizer dart scene was the best scene of the episode.

One more point I want to point out. Even though a lot of this show is the suspension of disbelief and fantasy, you kind of really get to see in an episode like this how a real spy in real life never gets to share a certain part of their life with their family no matter what.

Which kind of brings me to a complaint. Even though it was kind of resolved with Chuck's firing. It is starting to look weird how Chuck does these extracurricular activities. He gets busted by his mates at the Buy More and it's business as usual. This is not a 3 strikes and your out kind of policy. We're talking 27 strikes and your out and it's time to call the game already. But I guess we have to suspend the disbelief that Chuck has enough annual hours of leave to leave The Buy More whenever he feels like it. And this show is worth suspending the belief. This show is so good. I can't wait for next week. Just like always.