Chuck

Chuck Versus the Ex

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Nov 10, 2008 on NBC

• The first really, really good episode of Chuck

The first really, really good episode of Chuck, I'm seriously falling for this show. It's the longing looks that get me, and there are plenty of them to go around here. _

Jill, the infamous girlfriend who shattered Chuck's confidence and stomped all over his strawberry tart, makes her debut and it's none other than Jordana Brewster (no wonder he had a hard time getting over her). They instantly rekindle what she took from him and Chuck's suave efforts to impress her offered up some hilarious gags (Casey in that wig? PRICELESS).

_

This was probably one of the funniest episodes yet. Chuck swapping Saliva with Casey, despite his best efforts to prevent such an ordeal, was hysterical. Adam Baldwin is a joy to watch and although Casey may not receive the best characterization; I somehow think it adds to the comedy value of his quips and offbeat humour. Even in the face of death he growls. _

Sarah's reactions throughout the episode really hooked me into this one. We know so much about Jill and to see Chuck sideline Sarah felt bittersweet – I was happy for Chuck, but sad for Sarah. Chuck has a shot of normalcy, but Sarah never had an opportunity of her own until she was assigned to protect Chuck.

_

It looks like Jill is sticking around meaning we're in for yet more longing stares and hopefully more hilarious Casey moments. Fantastic acting and comedic timing from all onboard, more please!