Chuck

Chuck Versus the Fake Name

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Mar 01, 2010 on NBC

• Talk about indifference!!!

That's really the only word I can think, indifference!
    This had the makings of an awesome episode. But it falls just short of greatness. To begin with, is it me or was Chuck totally convincing as Rafe?
    The answer for me was yes. I mean really? Chuck owned was Rafe!
    But did he own too much? I love the fact that he's growing and learning how to be better at what he does and I loved Levi's performance in this episode. But I missed Chuck's goofiness! Total indifference, I know. But that's not my major concern here. The two subplots aren't wonderful, they seem to be trying too hard to fit wrap up Chuck and Hannah's in a hurry. Where Jill's break up was interesting, I find it a little hard to care for Hannah and Chuck future in this episode. It feel to me as if they've filled in time with a couple of scene with a very quick Buy More subplot to establish and explain Morgan's absence while also setting up dinner with Ellie and Awesome. But at least Jeff and Lester cram enough of the obnoxious charm in there to make me laugh while the force information on me. But the Buy More happens to be the far more interesting story here and it's basically two small scene and I'm instead left with an okay, but rather dull, dinner with Ellie and Awesome. It would have been so much more interesting to have invited Morgan to dinner. Doing this would have instantly added comedy and drama to the situation, which were needed.

While also letting the Buy More subplot go ( would have missed it though!) to let the dinner scene breath!
    But then I guess you would have been stuck with people expecting you to hook Hannah and Morgan and up after her break up with Chuck.

Oh well, Chuck as Rafe was well worth it!
    But Shaw in boring!