Chuck

Chuck Versus the Fat Lady

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Nov 17, 2008 on NBC

• A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

Chuck and Jill are enjoying the honeymoon stage of their rekindled relationship. However, Chuck's spy life intervenes when Casey and Sarah inform Chuck that he is needed for an immediate mission to recover a list of CIA Fulcrum agents that Guy LaFleur had apparently hidden in his hotel room before being murdered. Jealousy erupts when Jill finally meets Sarah and learns that Chuck and his handler must pose as a couple, especially when she learns that Sarah is posing as a seductively-dressed escort for the mission. Chuck does his best to reassure Jill that his relationship with Sarah is purely business but only finds himself in more trouble when Jill finds Chuck and Sarah in their hotel room in their underwear after trying to wash off a suspected bioweapon. The team recovers a music box in LaFleur's room, which leads them to the opera, where they recover an encrypted flash drive with the Fulcrum list. Chuck and Jill leave for a romantic getaway, during which Jill is kidnapped by Fulcrum and held hostage in exchange for the Fulcrum list. Chuck agrees to the exchange, but first makes a copy of the list with Morgan's Canadian copying device (designed to copy video games, but apparently able to copy anything). Chuck and Jill embark on another romantic getaway, during which Sarah and Casey discover from the recovered list that Jill is Fulcrum herself. Meanwhile, corporate efficiency expert Emmett is out to get Chuck and interrogates Morgan to get some dirt on his best friend. Morgan blackmails Emmett with footage of Emmett's drunken stupor. I love the starting scene with Chuck and Jill on the roof of Buy More and they are being watched. I love the way Sarah and Casey are talking about Chuck. I then love the scene between Sarah and Chuck - I just want them to get it on already, I actually feel sorry for Sarah. I love the whole Buy More scenes. The way Emmett wants to know more about Chuck so goes to Chuck's best friend, Morgan. I love all the scenes in Buy More they are always fun and awesome to watch. I love the scene where Jill is asking questions to Chuck about Sarah and he tells her there is nothing to worry about but then they walk in on Sarah in getting dressed, and then when chuck phones Jill and hears all the wrong things and it sounds like they are having sex and then even better the scene where after the solve the code and it sprays powder on Chuck and Sarah and they have to have a shower - I love that scene but then Jill knocks at the door and see's them both in the underwear - awesome storyline. I love the scenes between Morgan and Emmett and the whole Buymoria and Chuck talk hilarious. I love the scene with Jill and Chuck talking 'nerd code'like what Casey says. I love the way Morgan is with Chuck asking about the lying, so cute their relationship.I love the action scenes. I love the scene between Sarah and Jill about them both caring about Chuck. I love it when Emmett is hungover hilarious, and then Morgan takes control! I love the ending.
  • A great twisty turny episode

I find Chuck to be absolutely adorable and this episode was no exception. I disliked Jill from the start and was not the least bit surprised that she turned out to be a Fulcrum agent. Roll on next week's episode to see what happens next there.

Of course the Buy More scenes were as hilarious as ever - Morgan's character goes from strength to strength. I even quite like the new Assistant Manager once it was revealed what happens whenb he has just a tiny amount of alcohol.

All in all a funny yet intense episode of Chuck leading to more surprises next week I bet.
  • Hi-C anyone?

By far the funniest part of this episode was Casey's revelation that he was once a choir boy and that he "wasn't hatched." Casey is just one of my favorite characters on this show. But for obvious reasons, Sarah will always be better.

The whole thing with Jill was making for an interesting love triangle but I was wondering just when it'd end by her or Chuck breaking it up for some stupid reason. But (spoiler) as they were going through the list of Fulcrum agents, I knew that Jill was going to be on the list. But it didn't make it anymore shocking or tension filled with my guess, and I was taken off guard when they weren't in the room. I am very excited for the next episode.

I was wondering when Morgan would find out about Jill and how he would handle it, and I was very happy how the show handle his reaction and cover for Chuck despite Chuck not telling him about Jill. Emmentt's drunken antics were also quite funny and a nice way to wrap up his obsession with Chuck's whereabouts...for now.
  • There is a airborne virus that is released into the room and chuck and jill save the day. At the end of the episode, chuck and jill kiss and you can see that sarah was jealous.

This episode was awesome! I love to watch the Sarah and Chuck scenes. This episode was engaging and was soo good. I am a chuck and sarah fan so i wasn't too happy about chuck's ex coming onto the show. But now, i love the drama. In the last minute when sarah and casey were looking at the Fulcrum agents, i was like " watch jill is going to be one of the Fulcrum agens!". I was soo right! LOL. ever since sarah and chuck kissed, i was and am still looking forward to chuck and sarah being together!

I love the TV show chuck
  • Chuck Review.

This is one of my favourite episodes so far of the show Casey was on top form the part where he did the C note was so funny I burst into tears laughing at it. The whole episode was great I'm feeling sorry for Sarah but happy for Chuck I don't know who to root for well now Jill is Fulcrum so I guess I'm happy for Sarah and feeling sorry for Chuck. All in all this was a great episode of Chuck one of the funniest with a great twist at the end. I give it 10 out of 10.
  • Chuck and the team tries to find a list of fulcrum agents in Lafleur's hotel room. They succeed in doing so, but the team has to face startling revelation at the end and makes a desperate attempt to save chuck.

A very entertaining and enjoyable episode. Although the end was somewhat predictable, it gives good reason to keep us watching. The puzzle sequences were good to watch. But they should have been explained more in the episode through chuck. That would have given a clear indication of chuck's contribution to the team and his abilities. The shower scene and the fruit punch idea was hilarious. The happening at the buy more is as always funny and interesting to watch. In this episode captain awesome and Ellie was not featured and anna is missing for two episodes. This show is getting interesting but the storyline has to be good in future like this episode, to continue this hsow in the long run.
  • Excellent episode. A bit DaVinciCode-ian action which was a nice touch for a change. Chuck and Casey got a couple of great one-liners. Nice story twists, great scenes, and killer ending! Well done.

It was one of my top 5 episodes. The Buy More story was fairly good.

I would have liked to see Awesome and Ellie in this episode as well and their reaction to Chuck dating Jill.

It was interesting to see Sarah's reaction to Chuck&Jill. The shower scene was a nice touch for the Chuck&Sarah fans (like myself). It reassured us that even though Chuck is in a real relationship with Jill, he's still into Sarah. Phew! BuyMorea – Funny!

Chuck in the in the air-vent with Jill on the line – Awesome!

Casey and the High C's – Hillarious!

Chuck solving puzzles and saving the day – Priceless!
  • I saw that twist coming.

Okay, I can all hear you telling me to stop lying and if you haven't seen this episode then don't read on as their are spoilers……..

I knew one of the main characters was a Fulcrum agent at the beginning of the episode but wasn't quiet sure if it was Chucks new girlfriend Jill or Buy Mores new assistant manager Emmett, however I knew as soon as they found the first clue and Jill helped them discover the riddle that she was an agent.

It's a pity really as I like Chuck and Jill as a couple plus I think Jordana ( Jill ) is far hotter than Yvonne ( Sarah ), I've not read any information on next weeks episode but I know Jordana is in it, I'm hoping Jill is an ex Fulcrum agent who wants to join team Chuck however I know there is still a romance storyline involving Chuck and Sarah so something will happen to make Jill leave one way or another.
  • another hilarious, often surprising episode

Chuck finally has the girl, now what? Last episode, Chuck was able to win Jill, his first love, back and they know all their secrets. Nothing seems to have changed between them and they love each other as strong as before. It seems to be the perfect relationship for Chuck. Unfortunately, he has to deal with Casey and Sarah, mostly Case, butting in on his and Jill's personal time by spying on them. Less than romantic. Not to mention Jill is slightly jealous of Sarah and doesn't believe Chuck's relationship with her is strictly friendly. Unfortunately, Jill's business with Geis, her boss and a double agent, is not finished being uncovered. Geis has a secret key stored away somewhere revealing a list of all known Fulcrum agents, the CIA's and FBI's dreaded enemy. Someone else is looking for the list too, a man that definitely doesn't want the list to fall into the right hands. Back at Buy More, Emmett is upping his personal grudge against Chuck, this time attacking his personal life. He wants something to pin on Chuck and to get it, he threatens and harrasses Chuck's co-workers and Morgan to get it. They don't know anything wrong with Chuck and good old Morgan righteously defends his friend from any allegation. Not only does Chuck have to prove to Jill nothing is going on between him and Sarah, a strange clue to finding the key hilariously helps assume otherwise for Jill. Jill starts to believe Chuck afer he tells her the full story and is actually able to help the team locate more clues leading to the key. Casey feels free to dig at Sarah about Chuck plenty of times but Sarah states that Chuck deserves a real romance. She loves him enough to know they're chances are remarkably slim and will sacrifice her happiness for his. Sweet. Emmett is somewhat successful in turning Morgan against Chuck when both see Chuck with Jill. Morgan is shocked over it and upset that Chuck didn't tell him. Chuck reassures him that it's not what Morgan thinks and if it was up to Chuck, he would tell Morgan everything. And it would be neat if Morgan actually found out the truth but most likely, he would be a pain to getting things done. Chuck and Jill, looking to get away from being spied on, sneaks off in the countryside. Unfortunately, the bad guy follows them and kidnaps Jill, threatening to kill her if Chuck won't give him the key. Casey refuses to help, the bad guy would kill Jill and get away with the key, so Chuck takes matters in his own hands by stealing and taking off with the key, seemingly betraying the team. Chuck meets the bad guy at an opera and so do Casey and Sarah. A tense standoff results in Jill safe and the key destroyed. Luckily Chuck, inspired by good friend Morgan, makes a duplicate of the key, so all is good. Jill apologizes to Sarah for freaking out about her and Sarah accepts, explaining Chuck and her are just friends, warning Jill not to break Chuck's heart again. Buddy Morgan, proving he is Chuck's best friend, finally comes up with a way to end Emmett's quest to blackmail Chuck by blackmailing Emmett, by getting him drunk and recording. Emmett agrees to stop but something tells me he's not done looking into Chuck. He'll just be more careful about it and not go after Morgan again. The team arrives back safe and sound. Casey and Sarah have the key and Chuck and Jill look to rekindle some passion, Jill stopping the surveillance. Finally, it looks like Chuck has the girl he always wanted. Simple? Not even. It never is. On a scan of the key for the list of Fulcrum agents, Jill's name comes up. She's using poor Chuck for her own ends. Casey and Sarah run to Chuck's place, only to find it empty. Jill and Chuck are going on a trip cross-country, on what Chuck think's is a romantic getaway. This won't well. Another great, exciting, action-packed, dramatic, romantic, and always hilarious episode. I laughed so hard on some moments, it was hard to believe. Next week, Chuck will find out just how traitorous his girlfriend is. Look for more excitement, adventure, and plenty of laughs.
  • Great episode

Well that was a great episode and I could't believe Jill was found in the list. I mean she looks that she loves Chuck and when Sarah asked her about not hurting Chuck, she said that she wouldn't.
    Anyway I am kind of missing Buy More or Buy Moria as we don't see many scenes from there.
    I was wondering how will Ellie will react seeing Jill in her house. Chuck looks that he is in love with Jill and I hope this will change soon as I want him to be with Sarah. Overall I give 9.5 out of 10.
    Looking forward to the next episode!
  • Jill joins the team to find the Fulcrum list; Chuck is torn between Sarah and Jill, and Emmett attempts to weed out information about Chuck from the Buy More employees.

Great episode. Chuck's strain between Jill and Sarah is well-developed, and the Buy More plot was fun to watch. The humor is still there, and the ending was, though predictable, fitting. It's amazing how this show can balance humor and spy espionage so well - it's one of its greatest qualities. This episode was no different, as it was nerve-racking and funny at the same time. And an extra for this episode, there as a cliffhanger ending, which always makes the episode better for the next one. This episode developed Chuck/Jill, but also, we see Sarah's jealously at length. A great set-up for next week's episode, which has to live up to this one.
  • Well, I can honestly say I didn't see the twist coming at the end.

Well, I can honestly say I didn't see the twist coming at the end. I saw it coming about a minute before the reveal when they were scanning through all the Fulcrum agents. I knew that they had be bringing Chuck's ex-girlfriend back for something big, and big, it certainly is. While this was a superb episode, with several great sequences, I do have some issues with it.

Such as the scene at the Opera House where they find the box with the musical puzzle in it. So they find this box with who knows what in it and they rush it on stage, in front of everyone who is there rehearsing, and just open it? Seriously?! They knew some one was after the same thing. No one thought to discretely leave with the box and open it else where? But then we wouldn't have had the contrived intensity where it might be a bomb. I usually do a pretty good job of suspending belief in moments like these,(Chuck isn't the only show guilty of these kind of moments) but this was just too much.

Okay, onto the positive stuff

I swear, Tony Hale (Emmett Milbarge) gets better with every episode. I didn't like his character at first, but he is growing on me. Also I like how the Buy More sub plots are getting to where they are actually significant to the main character. The sequences at the end when John and Sarah are running to get to Chuck was very cool and a little intense.

Anyway, I can't wait till next week's episode, I can't wait to get the whole story of Jill. Viva Buymordia!
  • Chuck and Jill's relationship escalates while details from Fulcrum are brought into the light.

This episode is simply another reason why Chuck has become one of the best shows on TV this season. It's blend of comedy, such as Casey nailing the high-C and claiming "I wasn't hatched", and action, the intense hostage siatuation, proved to be in the typical Chuck vein. Jordana Brewster turns in another fantastic guest performance as the Juliet to Chuck's Romeo, and the events of this episode showed why they worked so well in college. Jill's brain thinks like Chuck's, and it was a blast watching them solve the puzzle in the Opera hall. The chemistry between the two is grade A.

The twist at the end was easy to see as the list of Fulcrum agents began to run across the screen, but what makes it interesting is what exactly happened with Chuck and Jill at the end. If she convinced him to run off, as I believe she could, the FBI and CIA could have so major problems on their hands. This is the reason we'll continue watching, or at least, one of many.
  • Chuck takes a shower with Sarah, but not under ideal circumstances.

Chuck is whisked away from Jill for another mission, when on the mission he accidently calls Jill and everything he and Sarah are saying to each other sound like they're having sex when they're innocently climbing through an air duct together. Chuck then later bought her into the mission as they worked to find the flash drive her boss was hiding that contained the names of undercover Fulcrum agents. Sarah's jealousy was burning, as she saw Chuck and Jill get kissy faced repeatedly in front of her when cracked the case. Jill was later kidnapped to get her back Chuck went and took the flash drive to trade it for Jill. The Fulcrum agent ended up destroying the flash drive, but it led to a nicely done pay off on what seemed to be a throw away joke early in the episode – the reveal that Chuck had copied the flash drive with the same illegal device Morgan had bought to copy video games. Well it was coming in the end as Sarah and Casey Discovered that Jill was a Fulcrum agent.
  • Entertaining, but predictable ending and shoddy computer science...

The flash drive was encrypted with 512-bit encryption? This show is supposed to be about a computer nerd, so we're assuming that a decent-sized portion of the fan base knows something about computers. They were brute-forcing 512-bit encryption? Here's what one site had to say:

"Imagine a computer that is the size of a grain of sand that can test keys against some encrypted data. Also imagine that it can test a key in the amount of time it takes light to cross it. Then consider a cluster of these computers, so many that if you covered the earth with them, they would cover the whole planet to the height of 1 meter. The cluster of computers would crack a 128-bit key on average in 1,000 years."

Ummmm... yeah. Not quite possible.
  • Very predictable ending!

Honestly, this episode wasn't bad but the end kind of ruined it. From the moment Jill arrived, I suspected they were going to make her a FULCRUM agent. This show hadn't let me down much in the past, so I was hoping the writers would resist the urge to do something so obvious. Guess not. Why was it so obvious? Well, for one thing, apparently everyone from everyone's past is somehow involved in some shady activity on this show. That aside, the show is slowly working toward Chuck and Sarah really getting together. Jill was to be a roadblock, but they had to get rid of her somehow. Plus she's the first person in Chuck's life to find out what he really is. Of course she was going to be dirty. If you didn't know she was going to be a FULCRUM agent by the end scene where they flash back between FULCRUM agents and Jill and Chuck together in bed, you may want to get your head checked. It wasn't as suspenseful as they obviously hoped it would be. I found myself saying, "Just show Jill and get it over with" everytime they showed the next meaningless FULCRUM agent. I don't know. Hopefully, the writers have another twist on this next week that makes up for this one. Forgetting that for now, at least Tony Hale was pretty funny in this episode. The Buy More storylines are hit or miss. Sometimes they are completely hilarious and sometimes you want to jump over them and get back to the spy action. This one was somewhere between. My final little complaint about this episode is a pretty minor one. I thought it was a little convenient that Chuck was able to bring Jill over to his place and Ellie is nowhere to be found. This way, the writers can avoid having him explain "cheating" on Sarah.