Chuck

Chuck Versus the Final Exam

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Mar 22, 2010 on NBC

• Chuck is tasked with with final exam.

Chuck is a wonderful show, that seems to consistently put out good episodes every week. The cast of characters make the show wonderful, and this episode isn't an anomaly. The characters mesh so well together. Adam Baldwin tends to stand out in a lot of the episodes with superb performance. His interaction with Jeff and Lester in the Subway was classic Chuck. In most comedies, a scene like this would be looked at as awkward and unusual. That's the beauty of this show, it can make something rather corny and out of place into something that is extremely humorous. The biggest problem I have with the show Chuck also came out strongly in this episode. I wouldn't matter much to me if it didn't consistently happen. It sometimes feels as if the show writers are afraid to take large leaps with Chuck(the character). Often Chuck is tasked with something that creates a great dilemma for him(in this episode he was tasked with killing a government mole). He could either choose to kill the mole or not and fail to become a spy. It usually ends up with Chuck finding some loophole instead of having to make a choice. In this episode, I was really wanting Chuck to finally pull the trigger and do something "gritty". I have hopes that it will happen eventually, but Chuck is still a great show with this flaw because of the great characters and the foundations of the show.