Chuck

Chuck Versus the First Date

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Sep 29, 2008 on NBC

• Great season premiere, yet, I was hoping for a little more oomph.

Having already watched the episode on a showing for the crew, I had been more than a little excited. Thus, this review might be focusing more on the things that were noteworthy and stood out, such as the changes in the show like the extended cast in the opening song (more people this season?) and the switch from Wienerlicious to Orange Orange (quite frankly, I miss the Wienerlicious; it had more pizazz).

The recap was excellent, seeing as how I hadn't had the chance to review the first season prior to watching this episode. So all who are worried about not remember what happened, it's alright, since not much of the first season's episodes are vital to the storyline. There was also a lot of build up throughout the episode, yet I felt somewhat cheated at the end. While I'm not going to disclose what happened, the ending of the episode was a little disappointing, and a little expected. Though, I'd have to say it was necessary to keep the show running.

Above all, this was a hilarious episode, and despite what I may have said, it did not disappoint, especially in the laugh department. In the midst of the minor drama, Casey proves to be a great and well developed character, and the employees at Buy More simply make the episode with the job interviews. All in all, I loved the episode a lot, and I can see that this is going to be a packed season.