Chuck

Chuck Versus the First Date

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Sep 29, 2008 on NBC

• A decent start but has Chuck lost some of it's appeal?

The first season left us viewers really wondering will Chuck ever get a date? Will he finally start believing and accepting his imposed responsibilities?

The second season fires back with Chuck accepting relief that he may avoid being "the one" and go on living a regular life. Only to have things obviously misfire of which he becomes the last construct yet again.

We also see that he finally gets his date with Sarah, whom in my opinion, after all her doubts with a troubled heart beginning to race for Chuck and still longing for her ex whom briefly returned into her life. With so much conflict we see Sarah giving into a date waayy too easily, which in my opinion leaves the character development the writers built up for her last season too wishy washy on making peace with her being an agent, friend, or lover towards our hero.

The only positive I see with the second season thus for is the role of Casey, whom finally is chipping away his hard exterior and proving he actually cares about his assignment (Chuck) and his fellow co-wokers. He does so by letting a little of his geeky side show which makes him a more lovable character in the show for the target audience.

Overall, the season is heading into a fair start, but I already miss the "innocence" of the Chuck/Sarah characters that were left behind from season 1.