Chuck

Chuck Versus the First Date

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Sep 29, 2008 on NBC

• Chuck learns that the new intersect will be going online soon and that he will be able to return to a normal life. A predictable, yet still a little unexpected, ending ensues

Chuck learns that the new intersect will be going online soon and that he will be able to return to a normal life. A predictable, yet still a little unexpected, ending ensues.

The 2nd season of Chuck has really stepped up the action and that, in my opinion makes the show much more exciting to watch. Weird huh? More action equals more excitement? It surprises me too.

The action wasn't the only thing to step up to the next level. I thought that Zachary Levi stepped up his acting chops. Which he definitely will need to, cause if the show is going where I think it's going, his character is going to become very complex. Also I felt that the writing for the episode was much better, it had a lot more wit.

It seemed like this episode was serving as a second pilot episode. It looks like they want to reinvent the series and that's cool and all, but if you're not careful it will be like you're throwing everything else you've done, up to this point, away. I've seen some of the interviews of some of the actors and they all seem really excited for the new season and apparently NBC was please enough with the direction it is going that it has already given Chuck a 22 episode order to make a full season. So I'm thinking I'm pretty excited for this season.