Chuck

Chuck Versus the First Date

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Sep 29, 2008 on NBC

• TV's most lovable geek is back for another season.

The season starts off with Chuck facing the possibility that his days as the intersect may soon be over. While he embraces all the potential that the future now holds, he is unaware of the danger that no longer being the most valuable governmental agency asset would bring.
    Chuck starts to make decisions about his life now that he believes he is free to make plans for the future. The only obstacle happens to be a big one - guest star Michael Clark Duncan who plays a mercenary trying to obtain a cypher that is the new intersect's brain. I enjoyed the scenes between the two of them, especially the one in the end where Chuck stepped up to the plate and showed off some huge cajones. To me he showed off some potential as an agent. Some, not a lot, but some.
    I can see why Sarah finally gave in and said yes to a real date with Chuck. They've always had chemistry, and he does have his own charm, and there's also the idea that this would be her last chance to spend some time with him before she's sent away. The scenes with them were cute and sweet and reminded me of one of the reasons why I fell in love with this show. Then there's Casey. I liked that he is warming up to Chuck, despite himself. he was even willing to sit on information that Chuck flashed on because he knew that as soon as the intersect was up and running he had orders he didn't want to complete. He was even willing to argue with his superiors when he was known for doing what he was told without question. The ending itself, while predictable did inspire an interesting question for me; what will happen with Sarah and how will a new boss affect things. I thought that the season 2 opener was brilliant in a season of disappointing premieres. Glad that Chuck is back, I missed him.