Chuck

Chuck Versus the Last Details

Aired Friday 8:00 PM May 09, 2011 on NBC

• Morgan's first solo mission! (kind of) (Spoilers)

This was a great episode. Not as funny as the previous one but it had all the charm you would expect from Chuck.

Morgan was forced to finally fly solo on a mission..and with Darth Vader music, how can you go wrong?! He's clumsy and less adaptable than Chuck but he's got resolve like no other.

Meanwhile, Chuck and Sarah head off to Colombia to rescue a recently captured Frost. Vivian is not quite the villain that her father was but she definitely brings her own flavor to the table. Nevertheless, I don't feel like she's the real replacement to her predecessor but rather a segue into something more intense...

The romance surrounding the wedding stuff was ultra thick like a Frosty from Wendy's - which I wasn't a huge fan of - yet it didn't feel out of place. And that's coming from a die-hard Chuck/Sarah fanatic!

The end of the episode was the real shocker! I'll leave that detail up to you to see.
  • Made me glad I kept on watching.

This has been my least favourite season of Chuck without a doubt.
    But amongst the mediocre episodes like Chuck Vs the Cubic Z and Chuck Vs The CAT Squad, there have been brilliant episodes like Phase 3, Wedding Planner, Couch Lock and Push Mix which have kept me glued to the screen and made sure I stayed with it. While Last Details may not have been this season's best, it's defiantly ahead of most of the pack.

The Star Wars references were coming at us a mile a minute, I can count at least 3 or 4 off the top of me head, some were a little forced, but Chuck humming the imperial march to bring out Morgan's inner Villain was the best by far.
    I'm glad they didn't dwell on Chuck siding with his mom in Columbia for very long, my honest thought was "Not this again" but it was dealt with quickly and with just the right amount of drama, i thought it was a small time waster, but Mary's speech at the rehearsal dinner gave it it's emotional punch. I have mixed feelings about the video montage story thread, it really only had three scenes in the end, the presentation of Lester's cut was pretty creep and just felt tacked on for time, but the other two worked out, I love the small twist that Jeff made an actual cut of the montage under Lester's nose and it was BEAUTIFUL enough for Ellie was so happy with it she gave him a smooch...yeah, that was a little too much for my liking.

Thing that still bugs me, Alex barely gets any screen time. She's been here all season and the best she's had is 3-4 scenes in a subplot.

Next week looks great, please do not let it be the last!