Chuck

Chuck Versus the Last Details

Aired Friday 8:00 PM May 09, 2011 on NBC

• Made me glad I kept on watching.

This has been my least favourite season of Chuck without a doubt.
    But amongst the mediocre episodes like Chuck Vs the Cubic Z and Chuck Vs The CAT Squad, there have been brilliant episodes like Phase 3, Wedding Planner, Couch Lock and Push Mix which have kept me glued to the screen and made sure I stayed with it. While Last Details may not have been this season's best, it's defiantly ahead of most of the pack.

The Star Wars references were coming at us a mile a minute, I can count at least 3 or 4 off the top of me head, some were a little forced, but Chuck humming the imperial march to bring out Morgan's inner Villain was the best by far.
    I'm glad they didn't dwell on Chuck siding with his mom in Columbia for very long, my honest thought was "Not this again" but it was dealt with quickly and with just the right amount of drama, i thought it was a small time waster, but Mary's speech at the rehearsal dinner gave it it's emotional punch. I have mixed feelings about the video montage story thread, it really only had three scenes in the end, the presentation of Lester's cut was pretty creep and just felt tacked on for time, but the other two worked out, I love the small twist that Jeff made an actual cut of the montage under Lester's nose and it was BEAUTIFUL enough for Ellie was so happy with it she gave him a smooch...yeah, that was a little too much for my liking.

Thing that still bugs me, Alex barely gets any screen time. She's been here all season and the best she's had is 3-4 scenes in a subplot.

Next week looks great, please do not let it be the last!