Chuck

Chuck Versus the Lethal Weapon

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Mar 09, 2009 on NBC

• Chuck and Agent Barker save the day multiple times and at the end Sarah and Casey save them. Morgan decides he is moving in with Anna. With the help of Barker, Sarah and Chuck realize they have some thinking to do about each other and how they feel.

I was sort of conflicted about this episode when I first saw it. It could be from the power surge that just about wiped out all the electrical devices in my house ten minutes before the end of the episode, but I digress. (By the way, four hours later everything was alright.)

I watched the last ten minutes of the episode today and it really put everything in perspective. As a reviewer it makes you realize you have to see the whole piece to really make your mind up properly.

This and the last episode have been excellent in moving the many relationships forward in this show. Chuck is becoming a really good ensemble cast production. I think the Sarah/Chuck relationship is finally going somewhere. They have played with it a long time, but there is no denying now Sarah's feelings for Chuck and Sarah now knows once and for all that Chuck has a thing for her. Now we'll see if it's just business as usual or if they deal with it in the coming episodes.

The Morgan/Anna relationship has moved forward. I like the maturation of Morgan and that he came to the decision he did on his own. Jeff and Lester almost screwed things up, but that's what they do best.

Agent Barker was great is so many ways. He recognized what was going on with Sarah and Chuck and tested the waters with Sarah, but he knew when to be a gentlemen and back away. I also enjoyed that he seems to be the first person to really accept Chuck for what he is, an agent, a spy, and he actually was willing to train him professionally and help him learn to take care of himself and others.
    That has always been something that has bothered me about the whole setup. I hope we see more of Barker in the future.

Finally it will be interesting to see how Chuck really deals with the fallout of not moving out and how his sister will react long term.

Overall a great episode and very entertaining. I will say I do see how someone might have a negative reaction to this episode. Sometimes I think there are things that just bug you about characters and how they react. I could write a whole blog on that myself. Maybe I will...

Thanks for reading...