Chuck

Chuck Versus the Marlin

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Jan 24, 2008 on NBC

• Big Mike's plastic Marlin is stolen and Awesome plans to propose to Ellie. What follows is the most farcical episode yet

Chuck has always had an element of farce about it but this episode thrives on it. It builds as you learn that the robbery of the Buy More is not just by one group of people but everything stolen of importance turns up in one place in the end, namely in the Marlin of the title. Most importantly however is the engagement ring that Awesome gives Chuck to look after.

Falafel girl is basically Sarah but working for Fulcrum and its good to see her in B***h fights, very entertaining. However as the new intersect was revealed to be nearly up and running a few weeks back I couldn't help but think that General Beckman and Tony Todd had engineered the whole situation. It would definitely be in their interest to have Chuck locked away. Maybe season 2 will shed light on this.

I loved the fact that Awesome proposed to Ellie. This is definitely the right way to go with the characters as they are the normality in the show. The fact that the whole B plot centred around it made it even more of an event.

The A plot this week was very farcical and therefore really enjoyable. You knew that the store had been stripped by Casey and Sarah but having Jeff and Lester, falafel girl and Big Mike all involved is funny. Big Mike's interrogations for his $200 bought on Ebay plastic Marlin were very funny. He didn't care that the store had been stripped just about his plastic fish. He was even happy to see it back at the end even though it was parcel taped centre and tail.

One thing I will say is that I miss some of the peripheral characters. Morgan is less of a a character for not having Anna around and I hope she comes back and I also kind of miss Harry Tang. The best episodes were in the middle of this season and those included Harry T Tang. I'd be lieing if I didn't mention that up till this episode I think the show has been slightly disappointing since Chuck Versus the Imported Hard Salami.