Chuck

Chuck Versus the Mask

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Feb 08, 2010 on NBC

• Good, but I am getting a little confused with the direction of the show

The first two seasons were brilliant, I have them on dvd and have a Chuck poster, but this season so far is making me question whether it was all worth it. I spent the whole of the summer thinking that the finale to season 2 would mean that Chuck and Sarah could be together finally, something I have been hoping for since the beginning. And now it does not look like that will happen. The previous episode summed up everything for me in that it showed just how much Chuck has changed since the beginning, and I am not convinced that that is a good thing. This episode was very good, especially with the dynamic with Morgan and Ellie, but it seemed to be missing a few key Chuck elements. There was no Captain Awesome, I prefer the scenes with Awesome and Ellie rather than Morgan and Ellie. Casey's role seems to be being drastically reduced, he was on fire during season 2, such a great character, and the same goes for General Beckman. We had that ominous line near the beginning of the episode and now we have heard nothing either from or about her.

They also, as far as I am aware, have not really explained why Chuck and Ellie's Dad disappeared. The season 2 finale made me think an entire world of storylines would enter the show to keep it Chuckesque while still moving the show along, but so far this season the show seems to be becoming something completely new.

Chuck seems to be getting a lot more serious, and the whole reason I tune into this is because it's lighthearted. Chuck's about to lose his team and no one seems to really care.

These last two episodes have made me think Chuck is going the way of Airwolf. Which is an absolute shame.

But that's just my opinion. Hopefully in the second half of the season the show will return to its greatest moments.

And where the heck has the Intersect gone, we are getting so few flashes, and on such standard things. The plane scene from the previous episode was brilliant, and we have had none of that in this episode.