Chuck

Chuck Versus the Ring

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Apr 27, 2009 on NBC

• An abosultely brilliant ending(maybe not?) to one of the greatest shows ever made...

Well here we are. The potential end of Chuck forever. But did this final episode live up to what the fans expect and can it kick start a third season if it were to ever happen? Well first of all I can tell you that it absolutely lives up to my standards for a Chuck episode and will probably fall in my category for favorite episodes. With Ellie's wedding about to begin Chuck finds that he must retrieve the intersect cube for Ted Roark in order to save her life. A combination of Morgan/Chuck scenes, confrontations between Ted and Chuck, and a classic musical performance of Mr. Roboto via Jeff and Lester during a spy shootout, make this episode simply awesome. Throw in a few twists around the 3/4th mark and some great musical numbers dotted here and there and you got yourself an absolutely fantastic finale to one of the greatest shows ever made. Oh yeah and also....Chuck knows kung fu...I raise my glass to you Chuck. Here's to hoping you have a future with us all.
  • This is not the finale of season 2, but rather a grand finale with all the features that have made "Chuck" a great show !

This grand finale brings everything from previous episodes - the wedding of Ellie and Awesome, - the come-back of Brice, - the full explanation given by Chuck's father, - the Jester's band show
    - the new intersect - and much, much more...

All this with action, romance and fun !

There's full material for more - Is Brice really dead ? - How Chuck is going to manage the new intersect ? - Is he now a real spy ? - Is the team, Casey, Chuck and Sarah to continue fighting Fulcrum ? - Is Fulcrum part of a larger consipracy ? As the final words are " To be continued ", is this really the finale of the show or should you expect a 3rd season to enjoy ?

I hope the 3rd season to come and to be as good, or even better, the two first ones. Please !
  • In one word, amazing.

For every episode of Chuck there have been parts of them that are great, and I will remember for a long time. This episode was top to bottom the best episode of any t.v. show I have ever seen.

The ending was great and extremely unexpected, and could bring forth an amazing third season if NBC decides to continue the series. Chuck and Sarah's relationship is at a perfect point to be continued in this series because they have now basically said they wanted each other, but Chuck downloading the intersect into his head may have destroyed that.

Great performances by all the cast and even the small roles that people had made the story so much more believable. Jeffster's performance was perfectly intertwined with the fight scene and it all just seemed to fit perfectly.

This is the best season (or series) finale that I have ever watched and as Chuck fans we can only hope that the amazing writing shown in these last few episodes continues on into the next year.

So keep your fingers crossed because NBC better keep this show.
  • Jumps the shark ... or just very daring?

Don't get me wrong, I love Chuck and have watched it since the beginning (and good to finally see flashbacks to the 1st season), but I gotta wonder whether it's good to make Chuck a master of kung fu when the whole show's about an ordinary guy thrust into the world of spies.

But everything else was, in a word, awesome. As expected Ellie's wedding hit a rather major hitch with Ted Roark's arrival and the return of Jeffster (hilarious!), but Casey literally flies in to save the day. Things aren't over, of course, and Bryce nobly sacrifices himself for Chuck (again), only this was the last time he'd do it.

It's becoming a cliche in modern TV shows, but the last 5 minutes really were 'game-changing'. The revelation of a 'Ring' that Fulcrum were just a component of, and of course Chuck re-inserting the Intersect (had to happen, of course, or there wouldn't be a show), would be a great lead-in to a 3rd season. I'm just not sure it's wise to shake up the show's entire premise by putting Chuck on an equal level with Sarah. Now he just becomes another Bryce, and we all know how that worked out with Sarah last time.

But if there is a 3rd season (come on NBC!) we have some interesting times ahead. Will Morgan leave for Hawaii? Will Steve Bartowski stick around? How will Awesome's marriage to Ellie be affected by the knowledge of his bro-in-law's real profession? And most importantly, can Chuck and Sarah still be together?
  • Let's all save our 10's for (hopefully) season 3. Not that this episode isn't worth getting one ;)

Chuck's big sis' and Awesome's wedding is on the menu, but don't expect a slow paced episode. This episode will blow your mind. Every major characters on the show return and so does every beloved aspect of the show.

Although this episode can work as a series finale, I seriously hope that Chuck is far from over. This is one of the few jaw-droppingly awesome 'one hour shows' that hasn't dissapointed for at least two whole seasons, and that's worth something I guess. If the show doesn't get renewed, too bad, but at least I'm never going to forget it!
    DOMO ARIGATO MR ROBOTO!
  • Awesome... I really hope this isn't the last episode

This has instantly became one of my favorite episodes of chuck ever. With the rumors of the show being canceled after this season is over, they concluded this season with an amazing episode. With the previous episode I thought that they were going to just conclude the series by giving people closure at ellie's wedding. Fortunately they made the last episode of this season action packed and opened several new plot lines which could be explored. I really hope that this show doesn't get canceled because it is one of my favorite shows. NBC please do not cancel this show.
  • Ted Roark shows up at Elle's wedding threatening to kill her if Chuck doesn't bring him the intersect. Bryce and Sarah are scheduled to start the new intersect project now that Chuck has turned it down. Casey is leaving with his commando team.

Interesting finale. In a way last weeks episode might have made a better finale in that the Intersect was out of Chuck and the team obviously was going to be split up somehow.

Great episode. Chuck and Sarah both want to be together unfortunately every time one of them starts to profess their true feelings someone gets shot at, kidnapped, or something silly happens. But if the story goes forward I think they will get their wish.

Through everything else I never saw this season ending with Super Chuck! "Guys, I know Kung Fu", after Chuck has swept the floor with about six other spy's while Casey and Sarah stand by and watch. Now Chuck has the intersect and can fight like a super spy.

I agree with Sarah, how many times does Chuck have to be the hero before Chuck realizes he is a hero? I think he may have finally figured it out.

So Elle got her wedding, Chuck has the intersect back in his head and quit the Buy More, Sarah and Casey have a reason to stay, Bryce may or may not be dead again, Morgan is going to be a sushi chef, Chuck's Dad seems to be safe, Roark is dead, Fulcrum seems to be done for, and Jeffster rocked the wedding.

Luckily for Chuck and National Security even sinister things seem to be a foot. So its Chuck, Sarah, and Casey to the rescue for next season. Please!!!

Thanks for reading...
  • Best hour of TV in years!

The first 45 minutes of this episode was the best series finale since Third Watch. It perfectly wrapped up every story line, reset things to before the show began and showed that everyone benefited from the ride. While watching there was no way to know what would be coming next as it seemed they had planned for the show to end and never return after this episode. Then in the final 15 minutes they just threw everything up in the air and restarted the whole thing bigger than before. The single best hour of TV in years. It should have been a movie!
  • A standing ovation is in order...

W.O.W!!! holy **** this episode was one of the best episodes by far! i mean kudos to the writers to come up with a way to keep the show going! The actors did brilliantly too. Finally Chuck and Sarah are moving somewhere! I hope the fact that Chuck has new 'superpowers' doesn't affect their relationship in any way, if so that will really make me angry. Chuck and Sarah have been apart for too long! ***WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD***

Okay so Ellie finally gets married!!! i love how the first wedding was ruined and Ellie got what she wanted after all. The beach wedding seemed romantic. Casey is the best! i love the fact that he obliged when Chuck asked for him and his crew to help with the mission of the decorations of the wedding :) it was really sweet of Casey. I also love the fact that Sarah finally made a decision between Bryce and Chuck. Even though i love Bryce, Sarah belongs with Chuck. It was really sad when he died in the end, he will definitely be missed. I also like the Intersect 2.0 idea, i think it will lead chuck into many antics hopefully in the near future! Chuck should definitely be renewed!!!
  • Elle's wedding, Orion, Bryce Larkin and Intersect 2.0 come together to launch Chuck 2.0

There have been good, great, awesome and outstanding episodes this season hence it is only fair that we have an episode that is terrific and a fitting finale for this season (hopefully).

As left off, Ted Roark shows up with his goons on Elle's wedding day. Luckily, Morgan, Jeff and Lester are there to keep everyone tuned to their song while Chuck, Sarah and Steve take 'care' of the problem. Just when tables are turned on them Col Casey paratroops in with his team. All is well. Oh except that the wedding is destroyed in the process and the guests leave!

Meanwhile, we learn that Bryce is here to get the new intersect working which is now more powerful than before much to Steve's dismay. Chuck is sad as he thinks that Sarah is leaving with Bryce on the new Intersect project. In the secret lair however, we have a rogue 'SPY' who offs Ted Roark and Casey's team. Luckily for us he saves Casey's life as a return for a similar favor done to him many years ago. Steve, flashes (yes) on the agent who had come to collect Bryce hence Chuck and Sarah know that Bryce has been compromised and so has Casey. In all we end up in the facility housing the new intersect and after much ado, Bryce and Chuck are alone with it. Only problem is that Bryce is there dying and again fully intended to destroy the intersect. After telling Chuck that Sarah was not going with him, he tells Chuck about Fulcrum being part of The Ring and that the intersect should be destroyed as it is too powerful. Bryce dies and Chuck decides to be the Hero that Sarah has always believed him to be and what Bryce has always intended him to be. Atleast this time around Chuck decides to be the intersect and downloads the info before shorting/destroying it out. The rougue agents finally walk in and vow to kill Chuck last. Too bad Chuck flashes on one of them and is noticed by an agent and Sarah (much to Casey's dismay) immediately. However, this flash is unlike anyother of his previous flashes. By the time he is through Chuck knows Kingfu! I liked the game changer and i think that there are amazing possibilities for where the creators and writers can take this show given the chance.
  • ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!!!

I cannot say enough about just how much I LOVED this episode!!!! I mean, I am already a die-hard fan of the show, but this was simply unbelievable. It definitely qualifies as AWESOME! Brilliant writing, amazing acting, absolutely EVERYTHING was done right! I can't see how, especially after an episode like this, the show could be cancelled. Why that option is even being discussed is beyond me. Chuck has got some incredible people working to make the show great, and to shut them down when they are so obviously on a roll is simply ridiculous. I say again, AWESOME episode, and I can't wait for next season (there sure as heck better be one!!)!!!
  • The complete essence of why we love Chuck but with an entirely different feel. A wonderful cap to what hopefully will be a mere five month hiatus.

Chris Fedak recently claimed that if Chuck wasn't renewed finale would leave fans wanting to "burn their couches." To his credit, I don't think that's true. Given the magnitude of events they depicted in "Colonel," the plotting errors of weaker episodes past, and the shear volume of plot points and genres to be covered, they could have easily delivered an explosive, disjointed episode, rife with incredible things, horrific things, and lots of unanswered questions, which was really cool but not entirely satisfying.

Instead, he brought forth his opus, an episode which was seamlessly crafted, surprisingly understated, and utterly satisfying. "Ring" tackled several major developments for the whole Bartowski clan and still hit every point that makes the story so great: pitch-perfect quirky comedy, compelling 'quarterlife crisis' drama, bold action, and a couple dashes of will-they-won't-they romantic ambiguity. Despite the staggering scope of everything that happened on the eve of Ellie's wedding bliss, "Ring" was unexpectedly subdued, not feeling forced or crammed together the way "Dream Job" did. Most things resolved themselves just as we would like, but just enough was left up in the air. I'll leave the details for the rundown below, but the short of it is this: if Chuck ends here, then it ends on a warm and elegant note of the highest caliber. Chris and Josh: my hat is off to you.

* * * Things That Were Good * * *
    1. Eleanor Woodcomb. It was nice to see Ellie getting to go through with her dream wedding, for the entire Bartowksi family.
    2. Uncle Sam Steps Up. Beckman wishes Chuck well, offers him a permanent position, and the government cuts him a moderately huge check. Nice.
    3. Secrets. Despite what TV Guide may have said, Devon's still the only one who knows that Chuck and entourage are spies. Now he's in a position to always be smoothing over his new bro's seeming screw-ups with his new wife, and Devon deserves some good character development at this point.
    4. Sarah Chooses Chuck. Why only good? Because we all knew she was staying somehow, and we can't be sure he'll ever really know why.

* * * Things That Were Great * * *
    1. Chuck Owns His Inner Awesome. As many predicted, he promptly put the Intersect back in his head. However, it wasn't borne of necessity or impending doom to someone he cared about. He realized his own potential and went boldly forth in pursuit of it. God knows I love a bigger, better Chuck.
    2. A New Threat Emerges. Season 3 Baddie, thy name is... well, we don't know. But they're spies and they're deeper than Fulcrum, so lets have a look.
    3. Casey's Swatches. Like his bonsai tree in season one, the fairer side of Casey is always hysterical. Watching a brick match fabrics is why I've always loved him, and thank god for it because, let's face it, the Reagan thing was getting reeeeal old.
    4. Stephen lives!. Intersect the elder didn't die or get abducted, leaving open the opportunity for more guest appearances and some family healing. I've really loved Scott Bakula in the role, so it's a big plus.
    5. Jeffster!. A great set. Plus, these two rejects always shine when they step back from pathological into the realm of merely asinine.
    6. The Intersect is still a friggin' Mac Plus.

* * * Things That Were Kick-Ass * * *
    1. Two-words: Kung-Fu. That's it. As I said, an understated episode.

* * * The Not So Great * * *
    1. Bryce's death. More specifically, Sarah's deep attachment to an ex-boyfriend two years removed. This does not bode well for Chuck! As for the death itself, I'm not mourning. Chuck and Bryce made they're amends, but given their avocation could never renew any real friendship. To the extent they couldn't keep having him show up on occasion to save the day, it really wasn't necessary.

* * * Unanswered Questions * * *
    1. Is Buy More out of the Picture? Morgan and Chuck could promptly return and oust Emmett from power, or the showrunners could leave it out to cut costs, though I doubt this.
    2. If Chuck is now an analyst, do he and Sarah get to date? My suspicion is no, but I'd much rather ditch a repeat of season 2 in favor of a touch of Ross-Rachael: they explore their feelings, make a good item, realize its too complicated/ dangerous and backtrack despite they're feelings, which definitely linger. Don't 'Lois & Clark' it; just give us a taste!
    3. Does the show deal with the fact that in a place beyond espionage, the world's most famous technologist, Ted Roark, has mysteriously disappeared? And what happens to his company and the Fulcrum ties therein?
  • Simply amazing season finale! NBC, ditch Heroes and keep Chuck!

I was really concerned that this show would be a let-down after the last one, which was simply brilliant.
    I was wrong.
    This episode was amazing! Amazingly written and acted by all. The pacing of this episode was perfect as a lot happened, but nothing really felt too rushed. Combine that with some surprising twists and a great starting point for a new Chuck season!
    To finally see Chuck actually kick some arse was incredible, and this new intersect (I dub it Intersect 2.0) now gives him more than just flashes...amazing!

"I Know Kung-Fu!"

I noticed that they now have "wedding photos" and you can even buy a Jeffster t-shirt on the NBC site. This tells me that the network loves the show and supports it fully. Here's to more seasons of Chuck!
  • "Guys I Know Kung Fu"

This was an awesome finale, it had it all. The funniest moment in the episode was Jeffster performing, along with the usual laughs that follow Morgan. The action sequences were also imense and The ending was breathtaking, I wonder what will happen with the new and improved combat trained Chuck, and whats going to happen with the rest of the characters. this show has vastly became one of my favorite shows, the characters are awesome along with the writing and direction, and as a bonus Yvonne Strahovski is hot! I cannot wait for the next season to roll on. Come on Season 3!
  • ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS! I can't wait to SEE!!!! (you better be listening NBC!) how this season's ending keeps on delivering next season.

ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS! Exceeded even my wildest expectations! The last few minutes had me literally convulsing with astonished laughter, almost falling off the couch. The cast & crew were promising "game-changing" events, and I can't wait to SEE!!!! (you better be listening NBC!) how this season's ending keeps on delivering next season.
    What a great cast they've had all through the show, and everyone (core and secondary cast, and epic guest stars) brought their "A game" to this finale.
    It's been awesome to have Scott Bakula as Chuck & Ellie's dad, and to have them explore the depth and breadth of Chuck's home life and his qualifications for saving the world revealed through these father-son interactions.
    If NBC doesn't renew this show, they are nuts. This is just about the funniest show on tv, with plenty of well developed action and romance to boot. Zach Levi, Adam Baldwin (of course!) and Yvonne Strahovski are all gems, and their chemistry together is phenomenal. Fan loyalty is through the roof (as I hope Subway's sales tonight will prove, and certainly youtube has already). Watch people, watch it. If you have to, DVR it and watch it ASAP. If you can't do either, buy the season DVD as soon as humanly available. I don't want to have to say goodbye to a show that is such well-written/acted/directed/produced entertainment.
    I just wish I was more eloquent in my use of superlatives and reviewing skills tonight, but it's too fresh, and the fear of cancellation too raw right now. Long live Chuck! Protect the Intersect! BUY/Watch/Share/WriteMORE!
  • high powered episode blasts Chuck into a whole new level of amazingness! this show DESERVES renewal!!!

i just finished watching it and i can't believe how good it was! it seemed like two episodes in one, so much happened. I loved the wedding - the appearance by Jeffster was hilarious. the chaos of the wedding day was so over the top. loved the scene with Ellie in the tub with the champagne bottle. The appearance of the new ultraruthless supervillains of a whole new scary calibre. the re appearance of Bryce Larkin who almost whisks Sarah away. The final scenes that blast everything into a whole new reality. a whole new intersect. a whole new chuck. supercharged! oh please oh please oh pleeeeeeeaaaaasssssee let there be a season three.
  • ***Spoiler Alert*** That "Guys, I know Kung-Fu" Matrix reference was hilarious: one of the best endings I've seen on television. That only proves that what Hitchcock said of American toasters is wrong from time to time.

***Spoiler Alert***
    That "Guys, I know Kung-Fu" Matrix reference by Chuck was hilarious: one of the best endings I've seen on television.
    That only proves that what Hitchcock said of American toasters and Television is wrong from time to time.

The rest of the episode, leading to this excellent finale was on par with the other Chuck's episodes, good action though quite predictable to those following the show. One couldn't guess the Fulcrum main villain would die (or is he really dead, what with being shot by another fulcrum operative ?) but other than that there were no big surprises.

* In the remote case you're unfamiliar with the quote:
    "Television is like the American toaster, you push the button and the same thing pops up every time."
  • ok... that's enough!!! we want the third season!!!

So we know that Chuck has something uploaded in his brain that helps him knock out 4-5 agents... what I don't know is... when does the third season start?!?!

This was a good finale after all, the scenes with Chuck and Sarah getting close and all that... we know they are attracted to each other and we know that the writers are going to put us on our knees, praying for these guys to make it "official". The wedding on the beach was fabulous. It is every girls dream but I'm still not convinced with Bryce's death. It's like he keeps coming back from the dead. I love this show, especially the wonderful mix of comedy and action, and I really hope the writers keep up the good work throughout the 3rd season. I haven't checked out all the news of the show, so I want to ask one more time... does anyone know when the 3rd season starts?
  • Wedding, Folcrum, Action, everything that happend the whole show, has finnaly come to this episode! And opens up with new questions and the "I WANT MORE" feeling

WOW that was a finale. Brilliant, it has everything what happend over the whole show and lead it to that end.
    BUT
    the show must go on!!!!!!!!!!! I want a 3rd season!!

One thing is a bit strange. Ok that he knows Kung Fu now is funny, a surprise and you can do some interesting things maybe. But I don't know...yet.
    Chuck's acting like a helpless, funny, clumsy, normal guy who has to be safed by the others, was part of Chuck. Now he's a Matrix "Neo" Super Kung Fu Fighter??? Ok we will see (I hope), what the writers have in mind, but I like that, and love that new direction :D

I WANT MORE CHUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Worthy to be Renewed...hear that NBC?

Best... Ending... Ever! I haven't heard if they are bringing Chuck back but they better. I wouldn't even be that heartbroken if they cancelled Heroes as long as Chuck stays on the air. Chuck is one of the only shows I don't leave on my DVR because I want to watch it as soon as possible. This episode had everything I wanted to see. A happy ending for Chuck's family, Chuck making the choice to step up, and Chuck finally kickin' some ass. It was a great job by the writers to close up everything for the season finale but still leaving us wanting more. I can't wait for next season!
  • Chuck must survive! Don't read this if you haven't watched the episode, instead go watch it. Now. Trust me.

There have been rumors circulating for awhile now that Chuck's cancellation is imminent, and so I prepared myself for a somber episode that would nicely cap off the show and maybe leave a glimmer of hope in case network execs manage to take their smart pills in time to save this awesome show.
    What I wasn't prepared for was a totally butt kicking episode that was punctuated at the end with a scene that doesn't whimper or plead for another season but it dares the network to cancel a show that has such exuberant promise, that has such possibilities, such chutzpah and charm.
    In the beginning of the episode, it did seem like loose ends were being tied up - Casey was back with his other crew, Sarah was assigned to head up the new intersect project with an old friend, and the possibilities of Chuck's life without the intersect bloomed in front of him. The only wrench in the mechanics of his happiness is the fact that Sarah was gone the day after Ellie's wedding. Reeling from the fact that he has gained some cash and his freedom but lost the girl, he's confronted by a still live Roark who is willing to exchange Ellie's safety for the intersect cube. Chuck and the gang manage to save the day but the wedding is toast. Feeling guilty that Ellie's big day was screwed up by his spy life, he manages to recruit Casey and the elite squad(in one of the most hilarious scenes ever) to help him give Ellie the wedding day of her dreams. At the reception, he and Sarah have a moment and it looks like she's about to tell him something when Papa Bartowski has a chat with Bryce. Bryce tells him that they made a few changes to the intersect before they install it in him, changes that he's vague about. Someone comes in to pick Bryce up, but Papa Bartowski flashes (because he tested the intersect on himself) and realizes that Fulcrum has picked up Bryce. They go to rescue Bryce, and of course things don't go as planned. Chuck and Bryce find themselves in the room where they....do the intersecting, intersection, whatever. Bryce was supposed to get the implant but it becomes obvious that he can't. He gives Chuck a device that would kill the intersect program so that no one can use it. Problem it, if the program dies, then the chances for the good guys to catch the bad guys become diminished. Chuck is faced with the most difficult decision in his life and makes a choice with surprising and hilarious results. He discovers that he knows kung fu. And the episode ends with a big fat...TO BE CONTINUED...pasted at the end. What else was Chuck implanted with? Will he have to return to the Buy More? Will he find out what Sarah and Bryce were trying to tell him? Will Papa Bartowski stick around?
    There has to be another season. This show is too awesome, the questions that they posed must be answered and this episode was the absolute best episode in the history of Chuck (I know, both seasons, but still....) . Chuck must Live!
  • Chuck tries to save his sister wedding from being ruined by Roark

It's the Chuck season finale, not series finale. Chuck and Casey quit their jobs at the Buy More, Beckman asks Chuck if he wants to become a part of the Intersect project in which he declines, and Casey gives him a nice healthy pay-check. Now all Chuck wants is to spend all of that, well most of it with Sarah as he asks her "Will you do me the honour in taking a vacation with me?" she tells him that she's leaving with Bryce and heading up with the new Intersect project. Poor Chuck, as if it couldn't get any worse; Roark shows up and wants the Intersect or he'll kill Ellie.

Chuck tells Morgan to tell Sarah he forgot the rings she knows that's not true, which means something is up and Morgan volunteers to stall the wedding. Chuck goes to the Castle and finds Bryce, who Fulcrum still think that he's the human Intersect anyway Bryce meets Roark and all hell breaks loose literally. Sarah is throwing knifes, Bryce is shooting, Roark's goons are blowing everything away, the cake and centrepieces and flowers are disintegrating in a hail of gunfire, everything is going to hell. Until Roark's goons have the upper hand but wait Casey's Special Forces team parachute into the hall and shoot the place to hell, rescuing everyone. With all of this going on in one room, Jeffster is playing a delightful rendition of Mr Roboto and Ellie is trying to keep calm by doing some YOGA. The wedding is total disaster!

Chuck uses the money that he might have been spending with Sarah on a beach wedding for his sister and this wedding went off without any gun-fire. Bryce, watching the ceremony from afar, realizes that Sarah is in love with Chuck she's not coming with him. Roark is locked away in the holding cell when Miles, one of Casey's Special Forces guys shoot's him, WTF? He isn't even Fulcrum he's part of an organization called The Ring hence the name of the episode. He kills the rest of Casey's team and knocks him out in the process. At the reception Bryce meets with Orion before he is taken away by his handler to be Intersected, Papa B has an Intersect in his head and realizes he's not what he seems. Just as Sarah is about to tell Chuck she's staying, Papa B tells Sarah who goes to rescue him, Chuck tags along because he loves her. Orion gives him his cool handy wrist computer, the team gets to the Secret Intersect Location where a gun fight ensures Chuck uses the gadget to find a convenient air duct that gives him access to the Intersect room. Bryce tells him to destroy the machine, and then dies. Chuck does what we all know he will he knows the good guys need the Intersect to fight the bad guys, so he takes the Intersect back into his head, and then destroys the machine. The bad guys enter the white room along with Sarah and Casey where they realize that Chuck has destroyed the Intersect and prepare to take him down. That's when Chuck flashes on something and opens up a can of whoop a$$ literally, he does some KUNG-FU and kills the baddies, Sarah is stunned, Casey "Chuck me". Chuck "Guys, I know kung-fu"

Come on NBC pick it up for a 3rd season.
  • Decent end to the season?

I thought it was above average for sure, but not as good as a proper season finale should be ( or is it the shows finale ??? No word as of yet ).

The ep was basically based around his sisters wedding. And sorry to spoil it if you havent seen it yet, but Chuck gets a new intercept put into his head (well he decided by himself to put it in his head this time). Also, this intercept is different and leaves us much to learn if the show does come back, I will be looking forward to news of whether or not Chuck is returning.

Overall have to give it a 10.
  • I know kung fu!

Chuck vs. The Ring: What an amazing episode that had everything Chuck is famous for: Drama, Comedy, Action, and Geekery! I sincerely hope that I haven't seen the last adventure of Chuck, but if I have then at least this show can brag about going out with a bang -- even with the "to be continued" cliffhanger, this episode brought so much closure to the show that it could easily function as a finale.

But I don't want to see Chuck done just yet. My God, if they can squeeze 56 seasons out of ER, we can at least get one more from Chuck!
  • Chuck ends (hopefully just for the season) exactly how it started... totally fricking AWESOME!!

Ok, so I've just reviewed the season finale of heroes and thoroughly vented my frustrations at a once-great show that has completely lost its way. Fortunately though, no such complaints about the season (hopefully) finale of the continually awesome Chuck.

The first season was awesome but season 2 has been awesome squared, no awesome cubed or whatever comes after that; and this finale was just the perfect climax to the crescendo that has been building all season and which I thought had surely peaked after last week. How wrong I was!

There was a genuine risk of this episode being anti-climactic since last week's episode had seemingly wrapped up all of the season's (and the whole show's) storylines. But damn, if this show doesn't know how to keep you hooked for more!

I'll keep this spoiler free, suffice it to say that there is undoubtedly a lot more fuel left in the Chuck tank, and a whole new set of crazy spy action/drama to come, especially given the truly brilliant conclusion. To be continued indeed... at least that's what we're all praying for, or at least I would, u know if i believed in that magical floaty head in the sky that made our hopes and dreams come true. That would certainly make the effort to save this incredible show so much easier.

From start to finish of this season I've been constantly delighted by this show's perfect blend of belly-aching comedy, heart-racing action and, gut-wrenching sexual tension between our favourite almost-couple. And now I want more, more, more...So since i'm in the UK and have even less influence than the average US viewer over network decisions, I implore all Chuck fans in the US (oh hell, Chuck fans everywhere) to demand the return of this show for much more than one extra season. It's the very least that this wonderful show deserves.

P.S. One very, very brief spoiler - Jeffster - Greatest Wedding Band Ever!!!
  • It's Ellie's wedding day and what a day it was.

Super Fantastic Awesome Excellent! This was one hell of a season finale! There was a little bit of everything. It had the action, romance, suspense, and those family moments you know you love. I have been watching Chuck since the beginning and it never disappoints. NBC needs to take notice of the die-hard fans and stop cancelling all the great shows. It seems to be all about money these days, and that sad fact seems to matter more than putting out a great product. Chuck is that great product. If you know anyone that isn't watching Chuck you need to get them on the bandwagon. Zach(Chuck), Yvonne(Sarah), and Adam(Casey) have a fantastic chemistry. I absolutely love the little quips that Casey makes about the smallest things or how he grunts when someone mentions a new weapon. The will they or won't they romance between Chuck and Sarah keeps me coming back every week and just waiting for the moment when they finally get together. The rest of the cast is nothing less than vital. Jeffster is the greatest band of all time. Captain Awesome...enough said! The hilarious antics Morgan gets himself in and out of while working at the Buy More. Ellie is great as a guiding force in Chuck's life.

Last but most certainly not least...Big Mike!

Chuck: Best show on television.
  • The best of the Best feel good episode

Simply Amazing,

This episode had it all action, romance, suspense and a cliffhanger.

I mean this was a episode that maybe the last and if that is true then they made me a happy guy but at the same time I hope this show gets renewed because it has left me with a thirst that I cannot quench until i see another episode to see what happens to Chuck. Chuck has really developed in character and he is now realizing his full potential, lets see what he can do!!!!
    In all the best feel good episode so far and this cannot be the end lets give Chuck and the gang another season to see what they can do for us. I think we need it as much as the show needs it.

Cheers!
  • "Guys ... I know kung fu." BEST ENDING EVER.

I've seen a lot of endings, and they have never failed to disapoint. From the unresolved to the downright pointless, TV series fenales tend to suck big time. But Chuck went and rocked all our socks off this episode, giving us almost exactly what we all wanted to see.

1) Morgan and Chuck quit the buymore.
    2) Jeffster performs.
    3) Eli and Awesome get married.
    4) Sarah and Chuck do a big makeout thing and Brice tells Chuck that Sarah was never gonna leave.
    5) Casey gives Chuck the man-love moment.
    6) Awesome finds out that Chuck is a spy.

... and then as if it couldn't get better...

7) Chuck gets super kung-fu powers and saves the day.

Now that season 3 has been announced, I'm almost wishing it wasn't. How could they not ruin it from here? They'll make Chuck go back to working in the buymore, Sarah and Chuck will have that professional handler rellationship once more, Chuck wont be free to forfil his dreams, and Morgan will no doubt have to come back to work in the Buymore too. Don't get me wrong, I love the Buymore, I just want to see the series evolve so it's not the exact same thing season after season. And of course ... they'll take away Chuck's new intersect skill download ability. Because how could they allow a show to get so awesome? Wouldn't be acceptable for it to change and grow, and for them to have to change the openning credits now, would it?

Ah well. I have my ending, and all is right in the world of Chuck. I'll watch next season, but I'll probably refuse to buy it when I get to the box-set collection time.
  • "Ohhhhhh, Chuck me."

The best episode of the whole season, easily! I'm not going to lie when I say I thought this show was kind of a dud for the first season, but the second half of the second season really took off and landed squarely in "Awesome".

Although, if you haven't seen some of the previous episodes to catch a few glimpses, in this episode it is GLARINGLY OBVIOUS that the director/producers are fans of "The Matrix". Alright guys, we get it! You can stop with the quotes and the camera angles taken straight from that movie, seriously now.

All in all, great episode, and I really hope they bring it back for a third season; let's see what Chuck can really do!
  • i heard they were going to cancel this show. but with a series finale like that, i hope not. loved every second of it. no exaggeration

there are few shows that can "bring it" all the way to the end, and this is one of those shows. though i would like chuck to end with a perfect score, with no flaw, i can t help wanting to see what happens next: chuck has new confidence in his spy-self, the capability of bringing to the surface karate moves and who knows what else, the possibility of equality in the team. i just loved the ending. reminds me of matrix a little: having a computer burn fighting capabilities in your head, and just like neo, chuck says at the end "i know kung fu". how can u resist and end like that? peace and karate chop out
< 1 2 3