Chuck

Chuck Versus the Sandworm

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Oct 29, 2007 on NBC

• You're like Q!

I have one thing to say about this episode: Sarah in the Princess Leia Slave Bikini. WOW.

Ok, well, I have more to say. But one of the things I love best about the series is the infusion of geek culture, and that was, without a doubt, the singe best pop-culture reference EVAR!

In this episode, Chuck is once again faced with the question of how much to trust Sarah and Casey when he encounters what appears to be another guy involuntarily forced into government service. However Laszlo quickly proves to be everything Chuck is NOT. He's dangerous and unstable, and has no qualms about hurting innocent people.

Great focus is also placed on Morgan, who shows just how deeply his friendship with Chuck extends when, after being chewed out over his immature behavior, tries to come to Chuck's rescue when he abandons his job interview to stop Laszlo. Unfortunately this is unsuccessful and Harry Tang is promoted to Assistant Manager, but the effort is not lost on Chuck.

This is also something of a turning point for Chuck, as it's the first time we see him stand up for what he KNOWS is right, and put his personal life on hold without hesitation (a definite contrast with the previous episode) because some things are more important.

I'd REALLY like to see Chuck continue to evolve along this line and become more proactive. He may not become an action hero, but he's certainly showed potential FOR heroism, and so far his own resourcefulness has proven even more invaluable to the team than the Intersect data in his brain.

Altogether, a fine episode that continues building the characters. Bonus points for Casey's "I don't like feeling like the Team Chuck fat kid!"

Now I'm going to go picture Sarah in the Leia bikini some more. Mmmmm. Happy place!