Chuck

Chuck Versus the Seduction

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Oct 06, 2008 on NBC

• Behind door no.2 iiiissss....

Poor Chuck. Just when he musters up the gahonies to take one step forward, he's knocked 3 steps backwards. This episode was a lot of fun! From top-notch guest stars to some cracking dialogue (the black widow joke was inspired) everything clicks. Buy-More shenanigans were as fun as usual, and I dig Captain Awesome and Ellie, they're seriously the hottest couple on television. The mission this week had a lot going for it – as well as being humorous, it explored Sarah's relationship with Chuck and how she may be ashamed him on some level, but she also has strong feelings for the nerd (that must have been some kiss). It also dealt with the possibilities of Chuck becoming a spy down the line and it looks as though he may be cut out for it after all, I'd love to see some training sessions in future episodes, maybe with Casey as his mentor. The cliff-hanger was great and of course Bryce Larkin runs the fun. What a fun-sponge! Can't wait to see how Chuck will cut the sexual tension between Bryce and Sarah. More than likely with appropriately inappropriate humour.
  • You gotta love a charmer.

There is just something about Chuck that just makes him enduring to me. I know him "playing the spy" wasn't in his career path. But as he has a trait that suits both walks for his life, it's a good heart and his never ending loyalty. Now the role of the ladies man, isn't in the cards for him. I think his charm works better on the ladies when he's being himself and not a spy. John Larroquette guest starring was great. Chuck finally learns that being himself is his best course of action. The situation at the Buy More store with being under new assistant management was hysterical.
  • Chuck is on a mission to seduce "the black widow". And he will learn his seduction technique only from the best.

The last cipher was a trap that exploded. Intel indicates that the real cipher is with a woman named Sasha Banachek also known as " the black widow". The only way chuck can obtain the cipher is by seducing Sasha. So they went to Agent Roan Montgomery for some lesson in seduction. Mean while, the Buy More new assistant manager Lester is having some problem handling the people working for him. So he followed Big Mike's advice; to "find the wounded gazelle and pounce". Enter the wheel of misfortune!!
    This is a great and funny episode…
    I loved it… hope you will too…
  • really cool and funny

Chuck is sent to seduce a killer known as the "Black Widow", he discovers she has killed all her boyfriends so he freaks out!

"Chuck vs the Seduction" is a really great and funny episode. Is really funny to see Chuck trying to seduce the Black Widow, and the episode is awesome. When he's asked "Do you carry protection?" and he's all like "I dont think we will get that far..." is extremely funny. LOL. The episode is full of comedy and action, and is one of the funiest episodes I've seen. Amazing episode for amazing series. Chuck vs the Seduction...
  • awesome episode and larroquette gives us something special.!

The geek action genre is especially good to watch when it comes to this show and this episode is exactly why.
    i love chuck's longing for a real life and the fact that he always somehow comes out on top when it comes to spywork.
    This show reminds me of Jake 2.0 where a computer tech ends up with nanites inside of him and a program is developed around him within the security agency. chuck however is much better i think and will be around a bit longer.
    you cant help but feel a bit sorry for chuck at the end though when it turns out bryce is back cuz u cant really hate bryce either so the next episode is definitely one to watch.
  • The Art of Seduction

Chuck's seeking some advice from Roan Montgomery, in the art of seduction.

Roan moves Chuck's story forward a lot: First, he gets Sarah to explore her feelings for Chuck, insisting that no way could a man like him ever land a woman like Sasha or Sarah, not forgetting the Kiss him made Chuck give to Sarah. He also boosts Chuck's spy confidence, ordering him to dive over balconies and swing from rooftops. It's too bad Chuck's newfound seduction skills are all for nothing as he shows up at Sarah's door when Bryce Larkin is there to spoil the party.

Elsewhere Captain Awesome is seeking date-night advice from Morgan and The Buy More is Under New Assistant Management, his new found power gets most of the Staff turning against him.
  • This was a very good episode. It was one of the more clever episodes they've done.

This was a very good episode. It was one of the more clever episodes they've done. I am very good at picking up subtleties in actor's performances and director's... direction. There was a lot of subtle humor and a great attention to detail that hasn't really been done on the show, as well as they did it in this episode.

They've been playing this will they won't they thing between Chuck and Sarah for a long, long time, but and just when you think she might give in, BAM, Bryce is back. I honestly did not see that coming. Well I knew he would eventually return to the show, but I didn't think it would be so soon.

As I said, this was a very clever episode and it was helped along by two of the guest stars. This episode guest stared John Larroquette (Roan Montgomery) and Melinda Clarke (Sasha Banacheck). I especially liked Larroquette's role as the former spy they recruit to get close to Sasha Banacheck. He was very believable as a very suave former agent. Not to leave out Melinda Clarke, I thought she was perfect in her role. I have to say that Zachary Levi must be having a lot of fun with the direction the show is going with his character. This episode only serves to confirm my suspicions of where the show is going. I'm glad that Matthew Bomer is back as Bryce and I am looking forward to seeing him in next week's episode.
  • Chuck has to go undercover to seduce a women, but she's no ordinary women and her nickname is the black widow.

She's escaped from a high security prison and killed many men so she can process part of the intersect. Chuck is trained in the art of seduction by an old time James Bond type spy with disastrous and hilarious results. When the plan goes wrong and Casey and Sarah are captured it's up to Chuck to leap ( literally ) to the rescue.

Back at the Buy More Lester is now assistant manager and is bullying the staff into working, when he sack's Morgan the rest of the crew Anna, Jeff et all walk out and he has to grovel to get them back before Big Mike finds out.

Oh and Bryce is back, not sure why, I know he has a fan base but I never liked the character and don't want him coming between Chuck and Sarah.

This season just gets better and better. I didn't think the writers could top last week's season opening episode but this was just brilliant.
  • Loved it! Chuck and Sarah have this hot intense make out scene, feelings are expressed, Chuck gets sassy and saves the day and then Chuck gets blind sided when Bryce returns.

I loved this episode!
    Chuck and Sarah get to kiss more. Plus which girl doesn't love a good man who can seduce you. And Chuck does so well in this episode especially when he got all sassy. I give him props for holding it together even after he had just heard the woman that he loves say that she has no feelings for him...she clearly does. This episode didn't let down. I just hate that Bryce is back, hopefully the title of the next episode refers to the BREAK-UP as Sarah finally breaking all ties with Bryce.
    Go Chuck and Sarah! I mean he is such a good guy and he deserves Sarah I hope she chooses Chuck. If I were him I would totally just be like man you had your chance and it's your fault I have all this information so step off and stuff. Well can't wait for next weeks episode. Peace out Chuck lovers.
  • John Larroquette should be brought back!

Really this was one person that could boost the timid and shy Chuck's confedence. And that Chuck needed a booster out of this one. Not just in his "spying" abilities but also in his abilities to win a date. It seems as though John Larroquette should be made a semi-regular cause he and Chuck work really great together. Hopefully he will be brought back again. Captain America seeks some dating advice from Chuck's friend Morgan, of all people. Bryce Larkin is there when Chuck wants to express his feelings to Sarah. Thanks a lot Bryce for spoiling the party. Hope to see much more of an episode like this.
  • Wow, Chuck as a charmer. Be still my beating heart!

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. I loved John Laroquette as Roan Montgomery, he was totally hilarious as the old school Bond type who failed Casey twice in spy school. It was also a lot of fun seeing Chuck's attempt at being a Casanova, but I have to say the speech that he gave to Sasha Banachek by the elevators was very unChucklike, but he worked it.
    The BuyMore management rebellion was a total gigglefest for me, especially the intro to the wheel of misfortune, and the 'live by the sword, die by the sword' revenge that the staff got.
    The whole thing with Captain Awesome and Ellie was hilarious and cute that he actually took advice from Morgan of all people.
    The undeniable chemistry between Chuck and Sarah is still going strong, and the kiss that he gave her-wow, even my knees buckled. Maybe the fact that I kinda have a thing for nerds has something to do with it. Sorry, my train of thought got derailed momentarily. Anyway, I like the character development that I've been seeing on the show so far. I like that Chuck and Sarah don't seem so awkward in their cover as a couple anymore. I like that Casey actually said something nice about Chuck to the General and that he seems to be warming up to Chuck. I also like that Chuck is being more assertive and being more spyish than he was in the first season. He seems to be pulling his weight more and being more of a team member.
    The ending totally caught me off guard. I cannot wait until next week!
  • Review.

Emmy Award winner John Larroquette (Boston Legal) guest-stars as the legendary debonair spy Roan Montgomery and Melinda Clarke (The O.C.) guest-stars as a sultry but dangerous female spy known as the Black Widow. Chuck must go undercover to retrieve the Cipher from the Black Widow. But in order to get close to his target, Chuck must learn the art of seduction from the suave and sophisticated Roan. Unfortunately for Chuck, Sarah, and Casey, Roan is no longer the world's greatest spy. Meanwhile, Morgan offers Captain Awesome some advice for a romantic night with Ellie, and Lester struggles to gain respect at Buy More as the new assistant manager. This has to be one of the best episodes so far. I thought Captain Awesome was so funny when he called Morgan a "Fury little bastard" he was hilarous. Chuck trying to seduce the woman was genuis. Zachary was on top form in this episode. I found the part where the bodyguards where outside the door and Chuck talks to them. The whole episode was tottaly awesome. 10 out of 10. Also the best part was when Chuck got called a pervert and was kicked of aa balcony.
  • A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

Chuck must go undercover to retrieve the Cipher from the Black Widow. But in order to get close to his target, Chuck must learn the art of seduction from the legendary debonair spy Roan Montgomery. Unfortunately for Chuck, Sarah, and Casey, Roan is no longer the world's greatest spy. Meanwhile, Morgan offers Devon some advice for a romantic night with Ellie, and Lester struggles to gain respect at Buy More as the new assistant manager. I loved this episode I thought it was awesome. I love all the scenes in this episode. Lester is a complete legend, I love his whole storyline. Buy More is awesome, all the scenes are amazing. I love the Chuck and Sarah scenes the most especially when they kiss in Buy More, Chuck is unbelievably hot. Cool place under Sarah's work place. One of my favourite episode of the season due to Sarah and Chuck. I love the guest character, he is awesome. Kissing scene = WOW. I los loved the mission scene itslef. I love Awesome and Ellie scenes the way he takes control. I love thar Chuck helps Awesome out with Ellie. cute but awesome ending.
  • Clearly the best episode in Check season 1-2. I would even go as far as say this episode is in every aspect a perfect episode.

Chuck go 007 on the Black Widow. Which he need the "skill" for "it",so he need a teacher,and he got one:the master of art of seduction,the legendary Roan Montgomery! Ofcourse everything didn't go as plan. On the Buymore side,they got their second insane Assistent meneger:Lester!

I love this episode. In most episode of Chuck there is always a wake point. But This one had every point coverd. The spylife is hilarious and storyline is very interesting,Buy More side is also funny in many way(the only episode I like the insane Lester),and the help Morgan's offer to Mr.Awesome is just hilarious!

There is also some emotional moment like when Check kiss Sarah,and when Roan talk in corner to Chuck about he is no longer the spy he use to be. And he is the few spy that actuly got out the game alive,which is why he is actuly afraid to be the spy again.

The scene where Roan talking to Chuck and Sarah about kissing is pure 10/10! The ending is also one of the best in Chuck,I just love how chuck give Mr.Awesome a hand!
  • "When the hotel is a rockin', then we're probably having sex."

Having watched the O.C., hearing Melinda Clarke with the accent was a little weird at first, but it was nice to see her again. John Laroquette was a fun quest appearance as well, and a helpful set up for a great twist at the very end of this episode.

The Buy More subplot this week was particularly hilarious due to the fact that Lester was trying to gain control over his fellow employees and no one was going to fear him, and come on, how can you? Big Mike's advice was one of the better lines but he was missed this week.

Captain Awesome's attempt to woe Ellie with the help of Morgan was a bit funny and creepy as always which is why it works so well, but Chuck's helping hand was neat.

Speaking of Chuck, by the way, his daring feats are increasing, but with the reintroduction of Bryce again, maybe not. Bryce is a very interesting character in the mythos of this show and it'll be fun to see what wrench he can throw in Sarah and Chucks way this time and what Fulcrum people he'll be killing.

But great scene with Sarah walking towards Chuck...funny and hot.