Chuck

Chuck Versus the Seduction Impossible

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Feb 07, 2011 on NBC

• A great example of what Chuck should be like more often: Confident, Carefree, and HILAROUS.

Well it may have taken a re-watch of Roan Montgomery's first appearance in Vs. The Seduction, but Vs. The Seduction Impossible, a clear sequel to the first shows how far we've come from the bubble show worth fighting for. Behind Dalton, John Larroquette is the 2nd best guest star ever on Chuck, hands down, and after that intense Volkoff arc, it was nice to sit back and laugh at Beckman firing a rocket, Sarah as a belly dancer, or that perfect snazzy soundtrack whenever a Roan-related topic started up.

The Chuck/Sarah plot was well-played, and whenever the show has them in an equal, realistic argument, where Sarah dosen't have to treat Chuck like a kid, is when the show works best. Casey finally got some action, and Morgan was witty as always. I did like how the question of Alex's mom and Casey was answered, and Adam Baldwin had a touching scene at the end there. The Ellie/Mary parts were a good addition, but I wish Ellie wasn't the only one out of Chuck's loop, and I wish Chuck didn't act as if he's completely forgotten about her. And lastly, the Diane/Roan plot was one of the better parts, witty and very much enjoyable, with fine acting by Roan and the first Beckman episode that established her as a more dimensional character, than the woman behind the computer who shows how things should be done in spy land.

Overall, no major flaws, and another fantastic episode.
  • The way it ought to be...

Chuck vs The Seduction Impossible is exactly what I thought it would be: "Old-School Chuck" if you can call it that: No intersect, No psychotic villain, Hell-Bent on destroying lives, No save the world or die trying BS, No questions unanswered. It seems as if, At least, For now, Chuck has become an 'upgraded' version of Season 2. First and foremost, Seduction Impossible is what I had hoped this episode would be: A fun, Rather humorous episode, That, Without cliffhangers or sudden, Last moment complications, Still made me impatient for next week's episode. While there were relationship disagreements all-round, They were handled appropriately, In terms of the way the characters have developed, Over the past 3 and a bit years. I have absolutely no qualms in how this episode tied into the previous episode. I especially liked how Mary Bartowski, Even after having spent the last 20+ years as Volkoff's right hand, Had never forgotten what family meant. To be honest, I was rather skeptical, At the conclusion of "The Push Mix" whether or not she would be able to adapt so easily, Especially given what Sarah had said in "The Leftovers" about it being incredibly difficult to stay loyal, When undercover for so long, But her character has been so well written and so well portrayed (no surprise really, Given it's Linda Hamilton a.k.a. Sarah Connor), That all fears have been allayed.

I will not be at all surprised, If the next episode sees as much neurosis, The likes of which havent been seen since the first season, Only, Not from Chuck, But from Sarah. Given the synopsis for "The Cat Squad" it almost sounds like it will be a late-season pilot for "Sarah" instead of "Chuck"

Finally, I am happy, Yet, Somewhat disappointed that Jeff, Lester and the rest of the Buymore crew where nowhere to be found. It was a filler episode, For the most part - There should have been plenty of Jeffster/Big Mike stupidity. Let's hope that due to the potential Morgan/Carina story in the next ep, We will see more than plenty of Jeffster/Big Mike.

All in all, A great episode and a fitting aftermath to the Volkoff arc, Finale. (-1 point for no Jeffster or Big Mike!!)
  • HE'S BAAAAACCCKKKKKK!

Season 4 has been kinda all over the place, but this was easily one of the best episodes this season.
    My expectations for this episode weren't high to say the least, even though I liked Chuck Versus the Impossible it was pretty much a fun filler and I felt like the were going to repeat themselves. I was pleasantly surprised.
    While the romantic drama between Chuck and Sarah has been one of the weak points of late, this one handled it with some charm, scene in the apartment was hilarious and I'm glad that they talked it out instead of hiding it from each other like in episodes.

Also, I'm surprised how tiring the Volkoff arc has been, I admitted that I hadn't been that invested from the beginning, so with literally the first episode with not one mention of Alexei this whole season, things felt great.
    Plus this was just a pure fun which there hasn't been really any of in recent times.
    Hoping for more stuff like this!
  • After watching this episode of Chuck, I have one thing to say, what happened to the music?

5.5
    I have always enjoyed indie rock infused with my episode of Chuck, but now I get some cheesy horns and a drum kit. Hey Chuck gave me Frightened Rabbit, and I dig that.

To have this music replaced with a comedy/sitcom ensemble is baffling. Not only that, but the writing was absolutely atrocious. The scene where Sarah is belly dancing in that dress... although nice, was way out of character. This is probably one of the worst episodes I have ever saw. The episode maybe had one or two laughs, but I can't remember them. The whole eloping storyline, with Chuck succumbing to his physical desires seemed very cliched. I think most men have a little more willpower than that right, right?

Anyway, if you hated the cheese music or the story this episode please +1 this.