Chuck

Chuck Versus the Seduction Impossible

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Feb 07, 2011 on NBC

• A great example of what Chuck should be like more often: Confident, Carefree, and HILAROUS.

Well it may have taken a re-watch of Roan Montgomery's first appearance in Vs. The Seduction, but Vs. The Seduction Impossible, a clear sequel to the first shows how far we've come from the bubble show worth fighting for. Behind Dalton, John Larroquette is the 2nd best guest star ever on Chuck, hands down, and after that intense Volkoff arc, it was nice to sit back and laugh at Beckman firing a rocket, Sarah as a belly dancer, or that perfect snazzy soundtrack whenever a Roan-related topic started up.

The Chuck/Sarah plot was well-played, and whenever the show has them in an equal, realistic argument, where Sarah dosen't have to treat Chuck like a kid, is when the show works best. Casey finally got some action, and Morgan was witty as always. I did like how the question of Alex's mom and Casey was answered, and Adam Baldwin had a touching scene at the end there. The Ellie/Mary parts were a good addition, but I wish Ellie wasn't the only one out of Chuck's loop, and I wish Chuck didn't act as if he's completely forgotten about her. And lastly, the Diane/Roan plot was one of the better parts, witty and very much enjoyable, with fine acting by Roan and the first Beckman episode that established her as a more dimensional character, than the woman behind the computer who shows how things should be done in spy land.

Overall, no major flaws, and another fantastic episode.