Chuck

Chuck Versus the Sensei

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Dec 01, 2008 on NBC

• Something that has really been keeping the popularity of this show up is that it has consistently clever and funny writing.

Something that has really been keeping the popularity of this show up is that it has consistently clever and funny writing. Not only is the writing consistent, it seems to get better with every episode.

I'm glad to see an episode so focused on John Casey. I feel we can connect with his character so much more now. At least that's how I feel about it. I didn't really care about his character, I enjoy the character for the most part, but I never really cared about him. I hope we get more development for his character soon. I loved when he knocked over his plant then saluted his picture of Ronald Regan, hilarious.

While I usually don't care much, or at all, about the sub-plots, this episode had some funny moments with them. Ellie meets Awesome's parents and getting Morgan Fairchild and Bruce Boxleitner (Babylon 5) to play the part was a nice touch, they were everything you thought they would be. And i thought the employee of the month contest at the Buy More was a step up from the usual shenanigans happening there.

Over all this was an excellent episode, definitely something the fans have been wanting to see.