Chuck

Chuck Versus the Subway

Aired Friday 8:00 PM May 24, 2010 on NBC

• This is one of my Favourite episodes of the Entire Series. It had it all, Comedy, Drama, Suspense and it made me cry.

This is one of the best Episode of the whole series.

Chuck, Stephen Bartowski, Sarah and Casey discover that Shaw is still alive. Chuck, Sarah, and Casey then go on a mission to try and expose that Shaw is still alive and working for the Ring. While Stephen Bartowski goes back into hiding.

Ellie is brought to the CIA Base by her handler and Devon, convinced by Morgan thinks Ellie is having an Affair.

Meanwhile Chuck, Sarah and Casey are led to the CIA Base thinking it's a Ring base. Chuck discovers Ellie there and hit's her handler. Ellie learns that Chuck is working with the CIA.

Chuck, Sarah and Case are brought before the heads of CIA, NSA who came from Washington to evaluate Operation Bartowski aka The Intersect Project.

General Beckman tries to convince half of Washington that Operation Bartowski has been successful. However Shaw, who has an intersect in his head too, convinces Washington that Chuck is insane and seems to prove it as Chuck tries to convince everyone that Shaw has his own intersect, he then throws a knife at Shaw expecting him to catch it but ends up stabbing him. This convinces Washington that Chuck is crazy and he get thrown in a holding Cell.

Chuck,s dad returns to help Chuck escape while Shaw tricks Sarah and Casey to turn on the CIA. Sarah is captured while Casey escapes to finds his estranged daughter, Alex, and convinces her that he really is her Father. Casey is then captured and held in custody with Sarah at the CIA Base.

With Ellie's help Chuck and his dad find and infiltrate the Ring Base. Shaw rushes over to the Ring Base and confronts Chuck and his Dad. Earlier Stephen Bartowski had made a special watch called the Governor which governs the intersect so Chuck doesn't go crazy. Now that chuck has the Governor he is ready to fight Shaw. Although unexpectedly Shaw shoots Chuck's Dad in the Chest and he dies in Chuck's arms. Before he died he said to Chuck "You're Special Son". Ellie witnessed the shooting from a distance.

Shaw then takes Chuck into custody with Sarah and Casey.

Beckman, while scrambling to destroy important files knowing the Ring has infiltrated the CIA and will arrest her any minute, rings the castle and finds Morgan and Devon there. Beckman says it's up to them to save Chuck, Sarah, Casey and her.

Morgan and Devon talk to Ellie. Devon is relieved Ellie is not cheating and then Morgan and Devon fill Ellie in about Chuck and the CIA and the Ring.

Chuck, Sarah and Casey are on their way to a detention facility in an armoured truck. Chuck who is very devastated at the loss of his Father loses all hope and thinks no one is left to save them.

The episode ends with Ellie following the armoured truck while on the phone to Devon, who is sitting with Morgan in Casey car.
  • So tragically epic even John Casey would cry.. (Spoilers)

I am proud to be the first to review one of the best episodes - or should I say "half episode" - I have ever seen. Probably the saddest and most unexpected part in Chuck history!

I am so sad to see Orion go! =( Steven Bartowski was one of my favorite characters in the entire series. He was a brave, smart and noble man; essentially the Sr. version of Chuck. Let's all take a moment to remember Steven Bartowski...

No funeral yet though.. I still have part 2 to watch. This episode was utterly perfect. That is all I have to say.
  • Ellie finds out about Chuck's involvement with the CIA, Shaw turns out to be alive, and Casey reveals to his estranged daughter that he is her father.

This episode was filled with sorrow, surprises, and something that no one would ever expect. This was probably the saddest episode I have seen of season 3, it was heartbreaking to see the final scene of this episode. Shaw turns out be alive as he continues to be in the CIA, while everyone still believes that Chuck is going crazy because of the intersect. The general fights to keep the intersect program going on, but the CIA has to fight against it when Chuck, Sarah, and Casey mistakenly break in to the CIA, they thought they were breaking in to the Ring's base while hunting down Shaw. Meanwhile Ellie is still being held by Justin at the same CIA base that Chuck, Sarah & Casey have broken in to. Chuck, unknowingly beats Justin thinking he is a ring operative, in the process Ellie finds out that Chuck is involved with the CIA. Morgan leads Devon to believe that Ellie is cheating on him. Chuck's father wants Chuck to run away from the CIA, he begs to differ. Chuck's father manages to build something that will help Chuck's brain from deteriorating. Shaw makes Sarah, Chuck, and Casey turn against the CIA reluctantly. While trying to prove that Shaw was the intersect, Chuck ends up stabbing Shaw, and ends up leaving with his father. Sarah ends up threatening Shaw to make him confess of what happened on the night of Paris. Then Casey also goes on the run, to save his estranged daughter, Alex. Alex finds out that John Casey is her father and she gets possession of all of John Casey's things at the BuyMore locker. Devon & Morgan explain everything to Ellie about the CIA business. Chuck & his father decide to go back to save Sarah and Casey once their imprisoned against their will. They end up going to the Ring's real base with the help of Ellie. Shaw ends up shooting Chuck's father, Ellie witnesses the whole thing. The final scene: Chuck is devastated, and he thinks there is no one else to save them. Shaw has won, while Sarah & Casey are both waiting to be imprisoned in the car. The final scene gave us fans hope after the heartbreaking scene in which Chuck's father dies. Ellie has become a woman on the verge when she decides to save Chuck, Sarah, and Casey with the help of Morgan & Devon. This was an amazing episode, and it suited well as a season finale on it's own. This episode made me realize that the actual finale will be amazing. A great episode that had a bit of everything that stored what the fans have been waiting for all season.
  • Actually Perfect!

This 1st half of the finale was perfect, as was the second half. I can't not write a review on how good this was. I'm not ashamed to say...I almost cried at moments. I know this is a comedy show, but when they want the drama, they bring it! Everything about it was brilliantly played out, the writing, the acting was excellent!
    I've never been glued to anything so much in my life, lol.
    This was the prime example of how good this show is, and they know how to make a season finale! I've said this about previous episodes, but this and v.s the ring part II were the best episodes of Chuck I've ever seen!
  • Holy Crap! You gotta have a plan!

Shaw is back. And to my complete and utter surprise, he makes a formidable adversary. Chuck has had many colorful and memorable villains in the past, but Shaw might be the greatest. Holy crap did I just say that?
    There were a lot of 'Holy crap!' moments in Vs. The Subway, my favorite Chuck episode this season.

Holy Crap! Ellie Knows Chuck's a spy!
    Finally, FINALLY! Ellie is brought out of the dark about Chuck's secret. They'd been building to this the moment she came back from Africa, but the moment she sees Chuck fighting with her own eyes is just so great. Sarah Lancaster's shock and confusion is well played and I'm sure the actress couldn't wait for this. She actually got a TON of great material here, and I'm glad, because she's long overdue for some great scenes.

Holy Crap! Shaw turned the CIA against Team Bartowski!
    I loved the hearing on whether the government should discontinue the Chuck's intersect program. Shaw really worked the superiors, and I can't believe it, but I was thoroughly impressed with Brandon Routh. His wooden acting style really suits this character. Yes, that was a backhanded compliment. I haven't gone soft just yet! But seeing that he had an intersect of his own was a cool surprise and he has completely become Chuck's rival and equal. Love it. And the team was in deep do with all three of them eventually being captured and even Gen. Beckman's tiny butt was hauled away!

Holy Crap! Casey and Alex!
    I love the development that Casey has a daughter. This was played really well, with his Baldwin's equal parts awkwardness and fatherly concern. I would love for Alex to be a regular on the show next year, and it is great to see Casey finally have some personal stake in all the action and drama now. Morgan, who has gone from annoying best friend, to genuinely lovable supporting player is a great romantic prospect for her. His work with Casey has already been a highlight of Season 3, so adding his hot daughter to the mix should provide absolute gold next year!

Holy Crap! The killed him!
    And so Scott Bacula is no more. At least not on Chuck. You could feel that Shaw was going to shoot him, but we were still hoping we wouldn't see it. Alas. Shaw caps Papa Bartowsky right in front of Chuck- in cold blood simply to trigger an emotion. Truly villainous! And a sad moment. (Could have done without that music, though) Poor Chuck-and even worse, Ellie witnessed from afar. This is the most empathy we've felt with the siblings, and by ep's end- with Chuck's sorrow and Ellie's rage, we are with them 100% on the move for vengeance in the last episode! And Awesome and Morgan are so willing to help! Everything is in place for a last hour of amazing!
  • Wow! the whole season was awesome! and especially the last two episode, it was just LEGENNNNNNN-DDDARRRRYY!

Alot of people complained about some of season 3's episode, but to me, everything was like a puzzle that just got finish, and it all fit in perfectly. especially the last two episodes, VS The Subway and VS The Ring, Part 2. Chuck is pretty much famous for having the unique and greatly timed blend of comedy, drama and action, and they have never failed me yet. the last few minutes of the ending of Episode 19, was astonishing, lots of questions for season 4, and alot more new bad guys that chuck have to face. will he be in the CIA again? will he have his own vigilante operations like his dad. who and what is his mother? the enemy(ala ALIAS), the head of a government branch like the CIA or NSA, or is she General Beckman's boss's Boss? and will jeff and lester ever sell their album? hehe. can't wait for season 4.