Chuck

Chuck Versus the Suitcase

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Sep 27, 2010 on NBC

• A bit uneven in places, but carried off some wonderful emotional moments with great success.

While the plot and action sequences were only moderately interesting (with the exception of the catfight on the catwalk, YAY!), the emotional plot - circling around Sarah's unwillingness to unpack her (symbolic) suitcase - was much more interesting.

Let's see, good moments during tonights episode:
    Morgan being competent - again. You know, Competent!Morgan really grows on me - I like him goofy and easygoing, but I really get a kick out of seeing him grow up and into his responsibilities. His tour of the Buy More with General Beckman was great, and the appointment to Store Manager in many ways his Crowning Moment of Awesome. :D

Sarah getting over yet another emotional hurdle in her slow transformation from professional spy to professional spy AND girlfriend - the suitcase.
    The back-and-forth of her and Chuck's discussion about it was interesting, but the Crowning Moment of Heartwarming was the worn photo of her and Chuck that rested at the bottom of the suitcase. It proved, once and for all, that no matter what hangups she might have with putting her stuff in "their" wardrobe, HE has been her home for quite some time already. Ellie's secret - the way she smiles and puts on a happy front for Devon, but beneath it all she's a big girl who'd really like her mummy around now that she's becoming a mother herself. And she'd never let on to the people who love her, because that's who she is - the protector, the one who tries to make everyone ELSE feel ok, the Mommabear.
    I do hope Ellie gets her happy ending, cause if anyone deserves it, it's her.
    And Captain Awesome, who may be going a bit overboard with the whole pregnancy thing, but is really very sweet. :D

It'll be interesting to see how they keep the returned horde of Buy More "losers" from stumbling across the new "additions" to the store - there must be secret buttons and codes all over the place, and the gang IS pretty accident-prone... :s

All in all a good episode - I did go SQUEEEE quite a lot, but it wasn't one of the epic ones. Still good, though, and I'm very happy with the new season so far! :)