Chuck

Chuck Versus the Suitcase

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Sep 27, 2010 on NBC

• Finally the emotions are back ...

Don't get me wrong, I liked season 3, I just never got the fuzzy, warm feeling in my stomach I had during seasons 1 and 2. Season 3 -- coming with Chuck's new abilities, which I still don't like that much -- was much more action driven and much less about the wonderful, often emotional interaction between the characters. I was missing the calmer moments, like the beautiful scenes at the fountain in the yard at Chuck's appartment and -- as strange as it might sound -- even though according to the story, Chuck and Sarah were supposed to be even closer than they had been before becoming a couple, it actually felt as if the emotions between them had become less. The warm and fuzzy feeling I was talking about before, hasn't come back fully yet, but it's slowly building up again. There were some wonderful scenes between Chuck and Sarah in this episode and what I liked most about it is, that the whole mission part was over quite a bit before it ended, leaving space for some slower, more emotional moments. Maybe I'm wrong, but for me during the first two season, "Chuck" never really was a spy show first of all. I rather thought, that the whole spy stuff was mainly a vehicle for what else was going on between the characters (I hardly remember any mission related details, but I remember a lot of the more romantic, emotional or sometimes even sad scenes between Chuck and Sarah or the beautiful moments between Chuck and Ellie or Chuck and Morgan for instance). So in that sense, I really hope that the writers are going to remember, what originally made the show great and give us more moments like the ones we finally got again in "Chuck versus the suitcase".