Chuck

Chuck Versus the Truth

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Nov 12, 2007 on NBC

• "Truth serum" followed by death has got Chuck and everyone around him in a huge mess. Can Chuck somehow save the day? In his own way, of course. Plus: a new love interest for Chuck, much to Sarah's dismay.

This episode was amazing, revealing a lot about each character involved. Ellie's true feelings came about as she was the first to be infected with the serum, and the hilarity just continued as Chuck, Sarah, and Casey all were dosed with the serum, to no one's fault but Chuck's of course. This was the first episode to leave me feeling a little less than happy, but very eager to see the continuation of the Sarah/Chuck/Lou situation. I was angered that Sarah had said "no" to Chuck's "will this go anywhere with us" question while under the truth serum, but her phone call to Casey at the end turned it all around, explaining her actions while also breaking my heart for her. I probably should have known that Sarah and Casey's past included "how to protect oneself from truth serum side effects" training. By the way, the song at the end by The Eels is amazing, and i listen to it constantly and think of Chuck and Sarah's heartbreaking moment each time. Fabulous episode with lots of humor and action. Probably my favorite of the first season.