Chuck

Chuck Versus the Undercover Lover

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Jan 24, 2008 on NBC

• Casey's nickname is Sugarbear. His ex-girlfriend shows up. Who wouldn't be curious?

Any episode that has both Casey backstory and Captain Awesome and Ellie fun sure has my vote. I have missed Captain Awesome, and I need me some backstory for Casey. The episode starts with undercover John Casey in love. She dies, he's heartbroken. Of course, since this is "Chuck" she is not really dead. There was some sort of sobstory about memory-loss but I ignored that. Point being, Sugarbear's girlfriend is not dead and her fiancé is a dangerous Russian. I sense a plot. Chuck, in the mean time, finds as much time as possible to make fun of Casey and find out as much as he can about Casey's lovelife. Go Chuck! Go give Casey relationship advice. It's fun! Oh wait, she's a spy too! Saw that coming, but it was still very awesome. And Ellie and Awesome's relationship issues are well-written, especially with Morgan as their shrink. And now Awesome is joining the Nerd Herd. For strip poker! That scares me and amuses me at the same time. Everyone is consoling everyone, and with various degrees of hilarity as a result. Morgan and Ellie do end up in a bed together. Casey is hilariously drunk, which results in him fighting Russian guys while tied to Chuck, and then making a dive into a pool. Stunt fun!

Ellie and Awesome are back together and happy, Casey is a lovesick sap after all (sort of), and Chuck and Casey are now buddies. Again, sort of. Overall, this episode was awesome!