Chuck

Chuck Versus Tom Sawyer

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Oct 27, 2008 on NBC

• Well this is the first episode of the season that has been a little bit of a let down.

Well this is the first episode of the season that has been a little bit of a let down. It got too far fetched and wasn't as charming and witty as it usually is. Playing a video game to get some codes to a satellite? Come on, who puts a code to a satellite in a video game? Who does that? It just got a too silly there toward the end It had several good moments worth mentioning though.

I love Tony Hale(Arrested Development) as Emmett Milbarge, a guy who is sent by Buy More to improve the employees at the Burbank branch. I thought he was perfect in the role. He was very subtle with his performance, just as he was on Arrested Development.

I also really like the montage toward the end when it was cutting back and forth between Chuck, Sarah, and Casey. It was a great example of good editing and it made for a very fun scene.

I haven't mentioned this yet and I've been meaning to. One thing that they are using to great effect this season is the soundtrack. Not the score, but the awesome tunes they have been incorporating into the episodes. Like "Do You Believe In Love" by Huey Lewis And The News, when Ellie and Awesome come home in Chuck Versus the Seduction. Or "Hip To Be Square" and "Power Of Love" also by Huey Lewis And The News, both used in the season opener. I loved all the 90's music in the last episode too.

Even though this episode was a little disappointing, I'm super excited for the next episode and still a big fan of the show.