A Chuck Community
NBC (ended 2012)

People have been telling me for a while that I'd totally be into this show. Now that I've finished my marathon of some shows that are still on the air I decided to give this one a shot. It really does seem like something I'd like, and after the first 3 episodes I'm glad I gave it a go!

Chuck and Sarah are obviously very very cute and I hope the "will they, won't they" doesn't get too tedious or annoying. I actually like Casey's (I can't believe I didn't realize it was Adam Baldwin until the credits of the third episode came!) humor, but the friend is kind of getting on my nerves. We get it, you're dumb and in love with Chuck's sister. I hope this changes, but either way it's not a deal breaker. Speaking of the sister I do like her and Captain Awesome so far I just hope they (especially him) get more character development.I like the spy/home life stuff better than the Buy More plots for right now.

The one thing I'm kind of worried about is Josh Schwartz. I like many watched the OC and LOOOVED season 1 and then it kind of went downhill. Same thing with Gossip Girl. From what I understand this show was kind of like Community where not many people watched it, but the people that did were really into it and critics enjoyed it. So maybe the one season then they sort of run out of ideas and the show slowly dies thing won't happen here! I hope not because I'm looking forward to another 88 episodes! Speaking of, I can't believe they stopped at 91. Why not do 100 and then some syndication?

Anyone who wants to give me any insight into their experience with Chuck would be appreciated!

EDIT: HOLY CRAP. I'M WATCHING THE EPISODE WHERE HE GOES BACK TO STANFORD "Chuck Versus the Alma Mater" AND THEY WERE SHOWING THE FLASHBACK WHERE HE'S LEAVING AND I WAS LIKE WOW BRYCE WAS A HOTTIE. THEN I WENT TO IMDB AND REALIZED IT'S MATT BOMER WHO I WATCH BE A HOTTIE EVERY WEEK ON WHITE COLLAR. DAMN.
Comments (49)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Apr 03, 2014
Late (very late) to comment but here I go!

I just (few weeks ago... I have almost marathoned the whole series by now) started to rewatch the series as I bought the DVD boxes on a sale so I figured I could comment here.

This show is one of my favorite shows of all time. Sure there are shows like Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad but if I were given a choice of what to watch when I'm home sick or something, I'd choose Chuck over those two shows everytime. I'd choose a great show with a positive vibe over a fantastic (Game of Thrones is my favorite show at the moment and Breaking Bad was awesome as well) show with depressing storylines. But that could be just me.

So... To keep it short... I pretty much loved the show from start to finish.

So on the off-chance that you see this message, what did you think of Chuck as a whole?
Flag
Mar 06, 2014
we need season 6!
Flag
Feb 26, 2014
please Chuck/Zachary if your reading this we need season 6
PLEASE
Flag
Feb 26, 2014
we need season 6
Flag
Feb 19, 2014
when chuck season 6 will come
Flag
Feb 21, 2014
The show has been cancelled for years! As far as I know there is no season six, but some fans want a movie.
Flag
Oct 31, 2013
The two-part finale for season 3 was one of the best I've seen on television.
Flag
Oct 28, 2013
Chuck FTW!!! An AWESOME show that was light-hearted action/comedy with tons of heart. Who doesn't want to become a spy and try to earn the love of an amazing, beautiful, and complicated woman, while having great one liners from "cop face"?? I Love the characters and while I hear what people are saying, I feel like every season was AWESOME and any AWESOME show should leave you wanting more. Also, while the season 3 ending was epic, no season 4? We would have missed a great villain, who will remain nameless, but he was a joy to watch.
Flag
Oct 28, 2013
Chuck is awesome ;)
Reboot!!
Flag
Oct 28, 2013
Yes ,Matt Bomer was on Chuck,he was on the first episode as well and he will be back later on.This show had great guest stars.
Flag
Oct 28, 2013
Up to season 4 it's a really amazing show. S04 and S05 are not really all that good though.

I've rewatched Chuck once or twice, always enjoyed it, but stopped after the awesome S03 finale, because I knew that going any further would just sully the Chuck memories...
Flag
Oct 28, 2013
Loved this show. it has it's ups and downs but I think the quality was overall pretty consistent all the way through (I was annoyed at the not single, not double but triple change-of-premise leading into S5 but it still worked).

On a different note: 88 is the new standard for syndicating, not 100. That's why a 3rd season show almost never gets canceled, because of 4th season hits the syndication number (the flip side being a second season show is actually getting renewed for 2 seasons if it survives so S2s are under more scrutiny now)
Flag
Oct 28, 2013
Awesome show. Season four is probably the worst, but Season Three led to an amazing finale, full of character development for the villain. That said, I also didn't think I'd like Season three, based on the second's finale.
Flag
Oct 28, 2013
Oh and, just a warning, seasons one and two are fairly similar with little growth in characters or really any big changes in the show till the end of the season.
Flag
Oct 28, 2013
Can't remember where I read it at, but Chuck will be on Netflix on November 1st.
Flag
Oct 28, 2013
wow that will be awesome! thanks!
Flag
Oct 29, 2013
You're welcome. Like yourself, I was late to the Chuck bandwagon. I streamed the first two seasons shortly before the season 3 premiere, and was hooked after the first handful of episodes. The fifth season was different, to echo similar sentiments from others, but I still enjoyed it. Granted it doesn't take much to entertain me lol.
Flag
Oct 28, 2013
It's a wonderful show, but somewhere in the middle it kinda loses the luster. You'll know when. That said you'll stick around to see how it all ends, because by then you've completely fallen in love with all the characters...yes even Big Mike.
Flag
Oct 28, 2013
RIP Chuck, I miss this series everyday
Flag
Oct 28, 2013
Here's the thing... Why do you care what others have to say about the show? If you like it watch it until you don't like it anymore.
Flag
Oct 28, 2013
I just want to know other people's experience with the show. This is after all a community for the show!
Flag
Oct 27, 2013
I loved this show from start to finish. The last season gets a bad rep but given the fact the show was constantly 'on the bubble' I appreciated every episode. Its a light hearted cheery show and with all the dark shows that have emerged it was a welcome break. Jeff and Lester (Jeffster) certainly come into their own as the show progresses and with cameos from the likes of Vinnie Jones, Nicole Richie, Summer from the OC, Summer Glau and Stone Cold it keeps the show interesting.

I've watched all eps multiple times, enjoy. Hopefully netflix adopts it and gives us a film. PLEEAAASSSSEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flag
Oct 28, 2013
I agree about some shows just needed to be fun! That's one of the reasons I like Psych so much and this show sort of seems to be in the same vein of not taking its self too seriously and having some fun!

With Veronica Mars getting a kick starter movie who knows. I obviously don't know, but is there anything that needs a movie to get cleared up or do people just want more Chuck?
Flag
Oct 28, 2013
psych is my favorite show over the last decade and to that end, you will also love chuck. Like any show it isn't always great, but it is worth every second spent watching it. I truly feel better for having watched this series...TWICE
Flag
Oct 28, 2013
We want a movie,because we love the show,but there is a very important story that was left somewhat unresolved,well at least to everyone's satisfaction.It ended fine but we needed one thing to happen that didn't happen.
Flag
Oct 27, 2013
It is a great show and you are in for a treat as the show stays compelling for the whole 4 seasons. Yep 4. Season 5 was pretty terrible and there is actually a milestone event on the last episode of season 4 that could have been the perfect ending for the show. Stopping there makes Chuck, in my opinion, an excellent fun, entertainment experience with plenty of moving moments and character growth. The Chuck-Sarah romance is pretty epic.

I think the general rule now is that 88 episodes is now enough for syndication (tvbythenumbers.com source) and the reason to not get to 100 is that sadly Chuck had lousy ratings for most of its run... I just thank the gods & Subway sandwiches for having stepped in and let us have the fantastic 4 seasons of Chuck.
Flag
Oct 28, 2013
I'll probably watch all 5 seasons, and see what happens. That really sucks when it happens to a show you love. I kind of feel that way about the last couple of seasons of Buffy. Seasons 6 and 7 had some great episodes (the musical for example) but if Season 5 had been the end the show would've been almost perfect!
Flag
Oct 28, 2013
wow first the psych shout-out and now buffy. I completely agree with your thoughts, but I cant imagine buffy without the musical episode, so you take the good with the bad.
Flag
Oct 28, 2013
Totally! I also love "Tabula Rasa" and a couple others, but then of course you have episodes like "Double MeaT Palace...I also like a lot of the Spike growth in the later seasons , but didn't like Willow being evil so I just go back and forth!
Flag
Oct 28, 2013
Season five is not that bad,it's fine,it's just the end of season 4 would've been more perfect then the end of season 5.
Flag
Oct 28, 2013
I say Season 5 because that was supposed to be the end. The show was cancelled and then at the last minute another station picked it up for 6/7. So "The Gift" was the original series finale and I think it would've been a really good one.
Flag
Oct 27, 2013
This is one of those shows that you want to kick your self for not watching. My sister pestered the hell out of me the entire first season because I wouldn't watch it. Half way thru the second season I watched my first episode. Then I HAD to go back and watch it from the beginning. I couldn't believe I resisted watching it. It quickly became one of my all time favorite shows. I started pestering my friends to get them to watch it and they were just as angry as I was that they weren't watching it from the start. You won't be disappointed watching Chuck. You will be that there isn't more.
Flag
Oct 28, 2013
I hate when I miss something great when it's on and then it gets cancelled for low ratings! Things like Arrested Development, Freaks and Geeks, and Firefly come to mind. Now they're classics before no one watched.
Flag
Oct 27, 2013
I watched Chuck from the first episode until the last,every week,live.It was a can't miss show for me.It captured my attention from the first episode.The series was brilliant and the character of Chuck really evolves as does his relationship with Sarah.It was always an action/comedy show with an emotional pull.They came back for the last season and NBC only ordered 13 episodes which made it 91,but they came on the year of the writers' strike if they could've finished their 1st season without the strike they would've had 100 episodes.Unfortunately,Morgan is always a little annoying but he does move past Ellie.Anyway Chuck is one of my all time favorite shows and I miss it even now.If you like action/comedy with a heart you will love Chuck.
Flag
Oct 27, 2013
Good show but the chuck sarah thing does get tedious. I skipped season 5 entirely, season 4 is the perfect series ending and like any spy show the missions do get repetitive .
Flag
Follow this Show
Members