A Chuck Community
NBC (ended 2012)

I'D ASK WHAT SHE'S SMOKING, BUT IT SEEMS A BIT OBVIOUS

Whoopi Goldberg has signed on to play the wife of John Lithgow's White Rabbit on ABC's Once Upon a Time in WonderlandMrs. Rabbit, as she is called, will appear in the eighth episode of the currently airing first season, in both flashbacks and the present time. At least now we know why Wonderland's production values are so poor: They're shelling out cash to people like Goldberg, Lithgow, and Iggy Pop for voice roles! [TV Line]

BUSINESS TIME

... Jeremy Piven's exorbitant paycheck is now the reason that's being cited for the continued delay of the Entourage movie. But the problem isn't that Piven is demanding more dough than the studio is willing to pay him, it's that the rest of the cast is ticked off because he's making so much more than they are. You know what? Because I am a kindhearted individual, I'm going to offer some free advice: Scrap the entire movie, go get some beers, and hug it out. [THR]

... ABC is teaming up with Rob Lowe and Kevin Falls, a former producer on The West Wing, for a new drama. The project, titled The Point, was inspired by Lowe's life growing up in Malibu, California, and follows a single mother and her teenage children as they move from Indiana to Malibu in the 1970s. Knowing that Lowe lived in Ohio before his own move to California, and because I call Columbus home, I'm a bit peeved that Lowe and Falls chose Indiana for The Point. Everyone knows Indiana is just a lesser version of Ohio, anyway! (I kid. Maybe.) [Deadline]

... Last night's episode of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. brought in 7.1 million viewers and a 2.6 rating, which marks yet another decrease in viewership. This is a shame, because the series is getting better with each passing week. Personally, I blame Time Warner for its shoddy technology, which seems to only record either half of the episode or none at all. It's hard to watch TV when your DVR is in pieces because you Hulk-smashed it. [EW]

... Chris Fedak, the man who brought you Chuck, has a new superhero project in development at NBC. The drama focuses on four individuals who each receive an organ transplant from an anonymous donor who turns out to be a superhero. Though the logline doesn't say, I assume this means the four transplanted individuals will then begin to exhibit some sort of superhero ability themselves. Anyway, I could really go for some Subway right now. Anyone else? [The Wrap]

... NBC has acquired the American Comedy Awards, which honor the men and women of comedy in both film and television. The special, which aired on ABC from 1987 until 2001, will be broadcast in May 2014. [NBC via press release]

... CBS has put into development an adaptation of the Australian drama Fast Forward. The series is about a newly divorced homicide detective who's forced to juggle the demands of her job while being a parent and working alongside her ex, who just so happens to be the medical examiner. [Deadline]

... Adult Swim has renewed NewsReaders for Season 2, with a target premiere date of sometime in 2014. The series is an absurd take on the television newsmagazine, and hails from the same crazy, but very creative, team behind the Childrens Hospital. Production begins in January. [Adult Swim via press release]

... One thing you guys don't know about me is that I know all the words to Will Smith's "Miami" and I often sing them loud and proud, even when the song isn't playing. And the reason I'm telling you this is that Bravo has announced that it's doing a spin-off of Million Dollar Listing and Million Dollar Listing: New York that's set in Miami. And I am going to be SO pissed if Will Smith isn't featured in an episode. [Bravo via press release]

CASTING NEWS

... Former Happy Endings star Eliza Coupe will headline Benched, a pilot that's currently in the works at USA Network. The comedy, from Michaela Watkins (Trophy Wife), Damon Jones (the Groundlings) and John Enbom (Party Down), is about a corporate attorney (Coupe) who's passed over for a big promotion, pulls a Jerry Maguire, and eventually winds up working as a public defender—at which point she learns that the law isn't fair. Gee, who knew? [THR]

... This might be my favorite TV reunion yet. Keith Carradine, father of Raising Hope star Martha Plimpton—and whose Deadwood character was shot and killed by one of Raising Hope star Garrett Dillahunt's two Deadwood characters—has booked a guest-starring gig on the Fox comedy. His character, Colt Palamino (LOL), runs a dude ranch and is described as a no-nonsense kind of guy, so I'm sure he'll just looooove having Virginia and Burt visit the ranch. [TV Line]

... Well, it's better than a cat. Winston is maybe possibly getting a love interest on New Girl in the form of an "amorous bus driver." She'll be played by Jessica Chaffin (Ronna & Beverly). The lusty, straight-talking Bertie will appear in this season's ninth episode, which should place it sometime around mid-November. [THR]

REQUIRED READING

... Walton Goggins chatted with Entertainment Weekly about his performance as Venus Van Dam in last night's episode of Sons of Anarchy, including that scene with Tig. And he may or may not have dropped a knowledge bomb about Justified, too. [EW]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 1/27/2012

Season 5 : Episode 13

46 Comments
Comments (46)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Wonderful news about Newsreaders. That show was hilarious in a smart way.
Flag
Whooooooopiiii! Another reason to watch OUATIW! :D Now we also know there will be more flashbacks! That's good. I think this one is more of a grower than OUAT was, but it'll be worth it IMO.

Another superhero project... sounds fun!

The Fast Forward remake sounds boring. Another crime solving show mixed with family/split family drama, laaaaame.

Benched sounds... so-so.
Flag
CBS has put into development an adaptation of the Australian drama Fast Forward.
I
ts not Australian , ist from Austria and i would translate "schnell ermittelt" into "quick investigated"
Flag
Whoopee!
Flag
"Last night's episode of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. brought in 7.1 million viewers and a 2.6 rating, which marks yet another decrease in viewership. This is a shame, because the series is getting better with each passing week." That is HIGHLY debatable.
Flag
Everything was down last night due to baseball
Flag
I'm not upset, the show already has a full season order and its ratings don't warrant a cancelation in the least: if Once Upon a Time could get a third season & a spin off, then Marvel's Agents of SHIELD has good chances too.
Flag
I haven't watched Wonderland yet, but that made me laugh for some reason.
Flag
Great I love Whoopi.
Flag
I really need to get caught up on SOA. I'm still in season 3 because I got distracted by season 1 of Arrow and season 3 of Walking Dead. Bah, Netflix.
Flag
Regarding Whoppi, I can only echo a sanitized version of her EXACT sentiment about Barbara Walters leaving "The View.' "I don't give a" for unlawful carnal knowledge.
Flag
That's sucks shield is growing as a show and is getting better by each passing week.
Flag
LOL, Shield dropping in ratting? Who could have seen that coming? Oh, I know, anyone who isn't a total whedon-tard and actually sees that the show is absolutely devoid of any real content.
Flag
Now now. There's no reason to get carried away. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that everyone who does is, as you so eloquently (cough) put it, a "whedon-tard".
Flag
Bad news for S.H.I.E.L.D.
Flag
I like agents of shield really hope the ratings don't dip too low, I would really like this show to continue on for a while :)
Flag
Maybe SHIELD will get some ratings help from the new Thor movie next month, now that the lack of superheros is better known to the public :)

Flag
Whoopi Goldberg is such a frustrating voice actress because she sounds so recognizable, both in voice and in mannerisms.

Sorry Kaitlin, no Hulk on SHIELD... and for no reason either just the show saying "F you, fans!"

Newsreaders was pretty funny, but somewhat uneven. Still, I'll watch more, especially if they keep Ray Wise on, he was so funny as their Andy Rooney grumpalike.

Eliza Coupe in a starring role on USA Network, I'll watch. Will anybody else though? USA has no sitcoms yet and she might get chewed up in the chaos.
Flag
I don't want Hulk on SHIELD. I don't want that guy anywhere near a TV budget right now.
Flag
I'll take Ruffalo wearing green paint, anything to spice this dull show up.
Flag
It needs to incorporate heroes and/or villains from Marvel's universe on occasion - less is more though. The possibility of She-Hulk, a lawyer, would be interesting, but only if they pull it off right and doesn't get cheesy. I honestly think people were expecting heroes and such, but thus far I've only seen techno-crap stuff, which is OK, but they need to better establish what Marvel is best known for. I also find the show too youth oriented and SHIELD requires more authority and history to give it more believability and depth.
Flag
I don't think it needs to be about heroes, but it needs to be more about a universe that heroes inhabit, and it needs to make characters that are compelling and exhibit traits that make them a true cut above, as well as an organization that feels like it's truly something bigger and better and more impressive.
Flag
Glad I stopped watching after the first episode
Flag
I watched the first episode of Wonderland this past Sunday and I thought it the worst new show this season. Fairly confused about the opening act when little Alice blows out a hole and somehow grows up to be a ninja that looks NOTHING like her little self. Did she go back to Wonderland to meet the genie or was she thrown into the asylum the whole time after she came back? Then she had the rabbit in a bag, which was never followed up on. Then they decided to combine this with Aladdin? The production values are just the start of this awful show's problems. Why not just have these characters appear in a OUAT arc?

Keith Carradine is the father of Plimpton? Did not know that. Ya learn something new here each week.

Let the organ power speculations begin... I'd be curious about the one who possibly gets one or both kidneys and what they can do. He/she better be the villain.
Flag
NewsReaders was a big disappointment.
Flag
Let's not gloss over this whole Whoopi Goldberg on OUATIW. This hasn't been cancelled yet? I thought we all agreed that it stank.

As for S.H.I.E.L.D. It's going down, which is too bad. Whedon should just give up and go eat worms because nobody loves him. Now we'll be stuck with another half-season cult classic that everyone will complain about it being cancelled prematurely because nobody watched.
Flag
SHIELD has received the full season order. So there will be no half season only. We'll get a second season. As has been said before, it gets better every episode.

And the Whoopi thing....I would have been more impressed if this was the Whoopi of the STtNG, era, or even Sister Act. Current Whoopi does not impress me at all. Sorry Alice, you should have fallen down the rabbit hole. And pulled it in behind you.
Flag
I don't appreciate the dig at Whoopi. In my time, she played as Guinan and she will always be remembered for that legendary role.
Flag
Staff
It's not a dig at Whoopi. It's a dig at OUATiW.
Flag
I don't care about ratings, but Agents of SHIELD needs to stay as long as possible, get something new on tv than the same ol crap.

it all makes sense now! USA didn't want Happy Endings to poach Eliza Coupe... F and U, USA!
Flag
Hey, Buckeye! It's 'cause Indiana is so hot right now, with The Middle and Parks and Rec, and...well, it just is!
Flag
Most people don't know this, but it's also where Garfield lives. So there's that too.
Flag
The only thing I love about Indiana is my Colts. It is the most boring state to drive in. At least we have some hills in Ohio.
Flag
Ohio is lovely. And clearly you've never driven through Nebraska.
Flag
Admittedly no, but why would anyone do that???????
Flag
That Agents of SHIELD news makes me kinda sad. The show really is getting better every week.
Flag
Eliza Coupe on USA. Great. However you could have had her and the rest of the cast of Happy Endings by picking that up and then key members of the cast wouldn't have had to go to way way way way way lesser shows in New Girl and Mindy. But Coupe is fantastic and I will watch. Good Job USA.

Now just give Psych an extended season and maybe two more.
Flag
NBC airing a comedy awards show = the part of my brain that processes irony just exploded
Flag
Yea I almost spit out the water I was drinking.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members