A Chuck Community
NBC (ended 2012)

I'D ASK WHAT SHE'S SMOKING, BUT IT SEEMS A BIT OBVIOUS

Whoopi Goldberg has signed on to play the wife of John Lithgow's White Rabbit on ABC's Once Upon a Time in WonderlandMrs. Rabbit, as she is called, will appear in the eighth episode of the currently airing first season, in both flashbacks and the present time. At least now we know why Wonderland's production values are so poor: They're shelling out cash to people like Goldberg, Lithgow, and Iggy Pop for voice roles! [TV Line]

BUSINESS TIME

... Jeremy Piven's exorbitant paycheck is now the reason that's being cited for the continued delay of the Entourage movie. But the problem isn't that Piven is demanding more dough than the studio is willing to pay him, it's that the rest of the cast is ticked off because he's making so much more than they are. You know what? Because I am a kindhearted individual, I'm going to offer some free advice: Scrap the entire movie, go get some beers, and hug it out. [THR]

... ABC is teaming up with Rob Lowe and Kevin Falls, a former producer on The West Wing, for a new drama. The project, titled The Point, was inspired by Lowe's life growing up in Malibu, California, and follows a single mother and her teenage children as they move from Indiana to Malibu in the 1970s. Knowing that Lowe lived in Ohio before his own move to California, and because I call Columbus home, I'm a bit peeved that Lowe and Falls chose Indiana for The Point. Everyone knows Indiana is just a lesser version of Ohio, anyway! (I kid. Maybe.) [Deadline]

... Last night's episode of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. brought in 7.1 million viewers and a 2.6 rating, which marks yet another decrease in viewership. This is a shame, because the series is getting better with each passing week. Personally, I blame Time Warner for its shoddy technology, which seems to only record either half of the episode or none at all. It's hard to watch TV when your DVR is in pieces because you Hulk-smashed it. [EW]

... Chris Fedak, the man who brought you Chuck, has a new superhero project in development at NBC. The drama focuses on four individuals who each receive an organ transplant from an anonymous donor who turns out to be a superhero. Though the logline doesn't say, I assume this means the four transplanted individuals will then begin to exhibit some sort of superhero ability themselves. Anyway, I could really go for some Subway right now. Anyone else? [The Wrap]

... NBC has acquired the American Comedy Awards, which honor the men and women of comedy in both film and television. The special, which aired on ABC from 1987 until 2001, will be broadcast in May 2014. [NBC via press release]

... CBS has put into development an adaptation of the Australian drama Fast Forward. The series is about a newly divorced homicide detective who's forced to juggle the demands of her job while being a parent and working alongside her ex, who just so happens to be the medical examiner. [Deadline]

... Adult Swim has renewed NewsReaders for Season 2, with a target premiere date of sometime in 2014. The series is an absurd take on the television newsmagazine, and hails from the same crazy, but very creative, team behind the Childrens Hospital. Production begins in January. [Adult Swim via press release]

... One thing you guys don't know about me is that I know all the words to Will Smith's "Miami" and I often sing them loud and proud, even when the song isn't playing. And the reason I'm telling you this is that Bravo has announced that it's doing a spin-off of Million Dollar Listing and Million Dollar Listing: New York that's set in Miami. And I am going to be SO pissed if Will Smith isn't featured in an episode. [Bravo via press release]

CASTING NEWS

... Former Happy Endings star Eliza Coupe will headline Benched, a pilot that's currently in the works at USA Network. The comedy, from Michaela Watkins (Trophy Wife), Damon Jones (the Groundlings) and John Enbom (Party Down), is about a corporate attorney (Coupe) who's passed over for a big promotion, pulls a Jerry Maguire, and eventually winds up working as a public defender—at which point she learns that the law isn't fair. Gee, who knew? [THR]

... This might be my favorite TV reunion yet. Keith Carradine, father of Raising Hope star Martha Plimpton—and whose Deadwood character was shot and killed by one of Raising Hope star Garrett Dillahunt's two Deadwood characters—has booked a guest-starring gig on the Fox comedy. His character, Colt Palamino (LOL), runs a dude ranch and is described as a no-nonsense kind of guy, so I'm sure he'll just looooove having Virginia and Burt visit the ranch. [TV Line]

... Well, it's better than a cat. Winston is maybe possibly getting a love interest on New Girl in the form of an "amorous bus driver." She'll be played by Jessica Chaffin (Ronna & Beverly). The lusty, straight-talking Bertie will appear in this season's ninth episode, which should place it sometime around mid-November. [THR]

REQUIRED READING

... Walton Goggins chatted with Entertainment Weekly about his performance as Venus Van Dam in last night's episode of Sons of Anarchy, including that scene with Tig. And he may or may not have dropped a knowledge bomb about Justified, too. [EW]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 1/27/2012

Season 5 : Episode 13

46 Comments
Follow this Show
Members