Chuck Forums

NBC (ended 2012)

4 x 13 Chuck versus the push mix

thechosenonecj

[1]Jan 31, 2011
    • level: 7

discussion thread seems as one isn't already up.

is it me or was the hospital seating area very similar to the one from scrubs? :/

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

frostbite200

[2]Jan 31, 2011
    • level: 21

thechosenonecj wrote:

discussion thread seems as one isn't already up.

is it me or was the hospital seating area very similar to the one from scrubs? :/

I thought that was just me, but yeah, i think it was the actual one. The lobby was the dead give away!

thechosenonecj

[3]Jan 31, 2011

yeh I kept thinking they must just be similar, but then when it had those sort of hexagon lights on the ceiling, I thought it had to be the same place.

Edited on 01/31/2011 11:15pm

DanielRichards0

[4]Jan 31, 2011
    PERFECT episode. Almost a shame it wasn't a series finale (come on could you have a better ending for a series). Now we run the risk of a "Gilmore Girls Season 7".

BradleyGoldma

[5]Feb 1, 2011
    • level: 6

outstanding ep. Best to date, IMHO, With 'Phase Three' being second.

I thought the prop at the end, was perfect, really. The whole ep was just so suspensful and heavy, That a full-on proposal would have undone the gravity of the episode. To quote my review: "It's always a pleasure to see two actors say so much, Without uttering a single word."

I would, However, Have liked to see a bit more fanfare with Volkoff finally being arrested and Hydra being confiscated. Hell...Beckman should have given Chuck an award or a medal or something, For doing the two things that no agent has even been close to being able to accomplish, In 20 years!

The question that remains now, Is, will the writing team be able to follow on and build up another villain, With as much or more weight than Volkoff had, From a story perspective?

It's almost unfeasible to imagine how Chuck won't get picked up for a 5th season, After this.

BTW, For all you 'shippers out there, Like myself, Here's a special treat for you: http://chuckandsarahwedding.com/

Can't wait to see the fallout from this ep, Next week, In 'Seduction Impossible'!!

Edited on 02/01/2011 2:11am

Hamzie

[6]Feb 1, 2011
    • level: 9
    you could tell how happy beckman was when she said "GET THIS MAN A CHOPPA!!!!!!!!!"

fladimir7

[7]Feb 1, 2011
    • level: 11
    Man, where do i begin because everything was great about this episode. It was as if the old chuck from what we knew in the first two seasons revisited us last night. Instead of all the Kung fu stuff, he used his smarts to take down Volkoff. And Morgan, it was really a good idea from the writers to convert him to a spy. The way he limbered through all those lasers was hella funny. One of the highlights of this episode. How they also brought volkoff down was brilliantly done and i hope that's the last of him or at least as the main bad guy. After all that and coming back would make it seem a little of a drag. I have no idea though how they they're going to proceed after what seems to be much of an ending to everything and people are contemplating already of a season 5. Maybe having chuck going rogue because he's being blackmailed, i think is a good idea. With all of these people, organizations he has taken out so far i would think he's going to get a bounty on his head or something.

Anyway, This episode was perfect.

PutSthCoolHere

[8]Feb 1, 2011
    It was like good old times.

BradleyGoldma

[9]Feb 1, 2011
    • level: 6

Hamzie wrote:
    you could tell how happy beckman was when she said "GET THIS MAN A CHOPPA!!!!!!!!!"

True, But it seemed like too small and insignifcant a celebration...Where was the applause and cheering? And, What...Chuck's mum doesn't even thank him for effectively rescuing her from Volkoff's reign of tyranny? What an ungrateful wench!

What would really be interesting, Is if it turns out that Volkoff is just one of a conglomerate of psychotic villains, Spread throughout the planet and Mary is a part of said conglomeration!

trikst4

[10]Feb 1, 2011
    • level: 5
    DanielRichards0 wrote:
    PERFECT episode. Almost a shame it wasn't a series finale (come on could you have a better ending for a series). Now we run the risk of a "Gilmore Girls Season 7".

THe only problem with it being a season finale is many were losing interest in this current season.
    Its the best episode to date IMO, most people seem to agree.
    Im with you, how can they top this for a season finale?
    Im not bothered about that far in the future - as long as they keep making great episodes like this.

AS for the villain, volkov will probably escape and try to get revenge. The whole 'family' /Team will take him down.
    Its a bit predictable but who cares.
    This episode has made this my favourite show again.

AdamBeard

[11]Feb 1, 2011
    • level: 2

Anyone think that the janitor could maybe be S. Bartowski? I mean if he's really alive, which this episode could have it going either way, what better place to be at the end then seeing everyone together? As for being a janitor, maybe this sets up what will lead into the rest of the season and hopefully another season in that there are still secrets out there...

horvathgamer

[12]Feb 1, 2011
    • level: 8

Easily one of the 3 best episodes of the series (along with vs the colonel the season 3 finale). I'm a little saddened that this was the last of Volkoff (as the main villain at least), he was by far the best villain of the show so far. Don't get me wrong, they shouldn't bring him back either, I'm just saying that he's the best we've seen so far. Morgan with the lasers was awesome. As always captain awesome loosing his cool was funny. For the first time since their first song, I didn't like Jeffster's performance (they've been so bad they're good every other time). Though the reactions of others was classic. I kind of wonder where it goes from here, because we just reached the end of the ORIGINALLY ordered episodes. We've still got 11 to go. Here's hoping that the writers can keep up the good work.

ripperand1

[13]Feb 1, 2011
    • level: 3

Hi everyone!

What can I say? One of the best episodes of season 4 alongside with "Phase Three". It's a very solid story-based episode, we've seen the downfall of the Volkoff's organization, which is a huge milestone. The beginning of the ep was thrilling, when I saw that Orion had sent to Volkoff these messages I was shocked and excited! I enjoyed the "Morgan vs Lasers" part as well! Very funny! And in the end there were several touching moments such as when all members of Team Bartowski said that they are a family. Closing scene was quite unexpected but fitted so much. There's no such thing as the perfect moment or the perfect spot. All you need is the girl, right?

The half of the season has passed and it's been kinda dark and gloomy. The next 11 episodes should be more lively, should be more funny and much more action-packed in my thought (something like the 6 episode arc in the finale of the previous season). Can't wait till next week!

Edited on 02/01/2011 9:02pm
    Edited 2 total times.

JoeWashington8

[14]Feb 1, 2011
    • level: 9

I have this feeling that Chuck's mother is the real Big Bad of the season and Volkov was just a distraction to keep us occupied for the first half of Season 4. I wouldn't surprised if the Season 4 finale features a dramatic showdown between Chuck and his mother.

katieb102

[15]Feb 1, 2011
    • level: 3

AdamBeard wrote:

Anyone think that the janitor could maybe be S. Bartowski? I mean if he's really alive, which this episode could have it going either way, what better place to be at the end then seeing everyone together? As for being a janitor, maybe this sets up what will lead into the rest of the season and hopefully another season in that there are still secrets out there...

Awesome episode now number 1 in my series favorites (Chuck vs. the First Date is second.)
    Morgan and the lasers was great, Chuck's plan was amazing though i think he deserves more than a chopper ride, great Jeffsters performance, Ellie and Awesome had the baby, and Chuck finally proposed!

Speaking of the proposal I was thinking the janitor could be Jack Burton or possibly the next bad guy.

fladimir7

[16]Feb 1, 2011
    JoeWashington8 wrote:

I have this feeling that Chuck's mother is the real Big Bad of the season and Volkov was just a distraction to keep us occupied for the first half of Season 4. I wouldn't surprised if the Season 4 finale features a dramatic showdown between Chuck and his mother.

I had that same thought ever since i saw her and the volkoff people. To have been undercover for more than 20 years, maybe there's something more to her.

showmevideogame

[17]Feb 1, 2011
    • level: 5
    Am I the only one who thinks the janitor is just a janitor?

fladimir7

[18]Feb 1, 2011
    showmevideogame wrote:

no, here here.

frostbite200

[19]Feb 1, 2011
    • level: 21
    fladimir7 wrote:
    showmevideogame wrote:

no, here here.
    NO. It was The Janitor! (Neil flynn)

antdude

[20]Feb 2, 2011
    • level: 27
    frostbite200 wrote:
    fladimir7 wrote:
    showmevideogame wrote:

no, here here.
    NO. It was The Janitor! (Neil flynn)
    A new villain? [grin]

I loved the tunes it had. Nice ending too which felt like a season finale. LOL at those two crazy Buy More's Nerd Herd band members again.