4 x 13 Chuck versus the push mix

frostbite200

[21]Feb 2, 2011
    • level: 21
    antdude wrote:
    frostbite200 wrote:
    fladimir7 wrote:
    showmevideogame wrote:
    Am I the only one who thinks the janitor is just a janitor?

no, here here.
    NO. It was The Janitor! (Neil flynn)
    A new villain? [grin]

I loved the tunes it had. Nice ending too which felt like a season finale. LOL at those two crazy Buy More's Nerd Herd band members again.
    I would love Neil Flynn on Chuck, hilarity ensured!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jimod2001

[22]Feb 2, 2011
    • level: 9
    The best episode of this season by far. I have to admit I kind of lost control when I thought Orion was still alive. Didn't think Chuck was that clever.

I loved everything about that episode. I am actually ok with the next episode been a happy one with no real suspense. But new bad guy? What have they done so far?

Crime boss (English / Russian)
    Two crime syndicates from inside the CIA
    I think if they are doing season 5 then we need some serious bad guy, one who makes Volkoff look like a puppy dog.

Great episode.

frostbite200

[24]Feb 2, 2011
    sramv9 wrote:
    am i the only one who found this episode dull, predictable and unsatisfying?

I think I might be...

But I just couldn't get into it. I've never liked the Volkof / Frost storyline so I was glad to see it wrap up. and enjoyed the Ellie/Awesome/baby stuff. Although even that felt a bit 'off' to me. I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of the season focuses on... hopefully something 'a little bit different'
    I have to agree that the Frost/Volkoff storyline did not have me all that intrigued at any point during this part of the season, and the fact that it dominated almost every episode was kinda annoying, but this conclusion was a satisfying end for me. I hope they utilise Linda Hamilton was just a mother for a little bit and not Frost. I'd like to see more intersect based stories and more back story episodes.

skhplbliss

[25]Feb 2, 2011
    • level: 9
    frostbite200 wrote:
    I have to agree that the Frost/Volkoff storyline did not have me all that intrigued at any point during this part of the season, and the fact that it dominated almost every episode was kinda annoying, but this conclusion was a satisfying end for me. I hope they utilise Linda Hamilton was just a mother for a little bit and not Frost. I'd like to see more intersect based stories and more back story episodes.

I've never been a fan of the whole Frost situation, and I was kinda pulling for a dramatic sacrifice where she blows up the boat taking her and Volkoff with her, but sadly no. I doubt she'll outlive the next 11 episodes.

This episode has made me happy about Chuck for the first time this season and hopeful about the rest of the 11 episodes. Since this was the original season finale, hopefully they'll choose to run 'em as a separate season with a different badguy instead of trying to revive him as they did last season.

I really loved seeing Alex more in this episode and watching Casey open up. He's such a fantastic multilayered character.

What I'm looking forward to for the rest of the season:
    1) More of a development on the Alex/Morgan, Alex/Casey, Morgan/Casey fronts.
    2) Watching Awesome freak out even more than he did as he tries to raise Baby Awesome.
    3) Some kind of wedding fiasco like they had in Season 2 with Ellie and Awesome.

BradleyGoldma

[26]Feb 2, 2011
    • level: 6

skhplbliss wrote:
    3) Some kind of wedding fiasco like they had in Season 2 with Ellie and Awesome.

In an interview, I think it was Chris Fedak who said that they would be utilising Timothy Dalton as Alexei Voloff again, At some point this season...Maybe they intend for him to crash the wedding?!

On another note, As sad as it is to admit, I find myself a small bit jealous of Chuck: In about two days (The duration that I make out the episode to run over), He brought down the greatest villain to date, Rescued his mum who had been more or less missing for the past 20 years of his life, His sister had a baby AND he got engaged to the girl of his dreams!

frostbite200

[27]Feb 2, 2011
    BradleyGoldma wrote:

skhplbliss wrote:
    In an interview, I think it was Chris Fedak who said that they would be utilising Timothy Dalton as Alexei Voloff again, At some point this season...Maybe they intend for him to crash the wedding?
    Please no. That's such a blatant rip-off of with what they did with Ted Roark!

I don't think Volkoff will be involved in the finale, Robin Given's character that's coming on the show [spoiler] and she's know a lot about the intersect, stuff that even Chuck doesn't know. I hope that that'll be it!

pastorkevin52

[28]Feb 2, 2011
    • level: 2

I think there are those who "over think" the success or failure of this show. Let's keep it going. I'm loving it. Plenty of bad guys out there. I don't want it to end with the wedding. The writers just need to think outside the box a little. GO CHUCK! GO!

TeVaerua

[29]Feb 3, 2011
    • level: 7

first of all I too think that the janitor was just a janitor

second- quick question, the place that held all of Orion's information, where Chuck's mum de-intersected him and Alexei had him and Sarah tied up in, the place that was blown up a few moments after that (in a different ep)... was that Chuck's childhood home? Because when they brought up the cabin in this ep I thought that was the place that got destroyed but obviously it's just been sitting around out in the middle of the woods somewhere filled with all of Orion's cool computers, just waiting for it to be of some use again.

Anyway... I LOVED THIS EPISODE! it was so sweet and hilarious and unpredictable and just utterly amazing work by everyone

BradleyGoldma

[30]Feb 3, 2011
    • level: 6

TeVaerua wrote:

second- quick question, the place that held all of Orion's information, where Chuck's mum de-intersected him and Alexei had him and Sarah tied up in, the place that was blown up a few moments after that (in a different ep)... was that Chuck's childhood home?

The cabin is the same one we saw Stephen J Bartowski aka Orion, Living/Hiding in, In "Chuck vs The Living Dead" (S03E17)

Orion's lair (The basement) was in Chuck's childhood home. Two completely different places.

enricbr9

[32]Feb 4, 2011
    • level: 5
    I agree with someone who said in a review that this should have been the end of the series...seeing this episode, the writers have though job, can't imagine, with Volkoff down, what bad guy will throw to us now.

Maizrim

[33]Feb 4, 2011
    • level: 1
    Great episode and even better music. This show rivals Community as having so much detail - Jeffster's authentic Salt and Peppa jackets from the 'Push It' video had me rolling off the couch laughing.

BarryWeen3

[34]Feb 8, 2011
    • level: 14

Maizrim wrote:
    Great episode and even better music. This show rivals Community as having so much detail - Jeffster's authentic Salt and Peppa jackets from the 'Push It' video had me rolling off the couch laughing.

I agree, Jeffster was pretty funny in this episode. I also liked Awesome freaking out about becaming a father. And Chuck had a plan that he worked on with Morgan and it still worked for the most part.

pinirito

[35]Feb 10, 2011

im kinda scared what will be the final episode for this season, coz they are gonna have to topple this one.. "The Janitor", who is he? he leads the underground world of janitoring.. taking over the world one broom locker at a time!

GaryDelebate

[36]Feb 13, 2011

frostbite200 wrote:
    BradleyGoldma wrote:

skhplbliss wrote:
    In an interview, I think it was Chris Fedak who said that they would be utilising Timothy Dalton as Alexei Voloff again, At some point this season...Maybe they intend for him to crash the wedding?
    Please no. That's such a blatant rip-off of with what they did with Ted Roark!

I agree I hope they don't do this. Although it does look like they are heading there, an 11 episode arc with Volkoff returning and the wedding the big event on the horizon.

Ambaryerno

[37]Feb 13, 2011
    • level: 18

Oh come on, who doesn't want to see Sarah tell some bad guy, "You are RUINING MY WEDDING!" before punching him in the face?

frostbite200

[38]Feb 13, 2011
    Ambaryerno wrote:

Oh come on, who doesn't want to see Sarah tell some bad guy, "You are RUINING MY WEDDING!" before punching him in the face?

That would be cool, but they'd have to change a great deal for me to be with it. Example, planning a wedding while trying to stop Volkoff, or Honeymooner battle royal (Tho they've kinda done that too) I honestly hope he's not in the finale, I'd rather have something new altogether.

DanSandwichBoy

[39]Feb 21, 2011
    • level: 16
    pinirito wrote:

im kinda scared what will be the final episode for this season, coz they are gonna have to topple this one.. "The Janitor", who is he? he leads the underground world of janitoring.. taking over the world one broom locker at a time!

He's the "Almighty Janitor," of course. They talk about him at TV Tropes.