Chuck Forums

NBC (ended 2012)

4 x 14: Chuck Versus the Seduction Impossible Discussion Thread

frostbite200

[1]Feb 7, 2011
    • level: 21

Please direct all discussion involving "Chuck Versus the Seduction Impossible" here.

In need of an exciting new mission, Chuck, Sarah and Casey are sent to Morocco to rescue Roan Montgomery. Meanwhile, Chuck and Sarah are at odds over their future plans. Back at home, Morgan prepares to meet Alex's mom, as Mary bonds with her family

Edited on 02/07/2011 10:45am
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Farmerluk2

[2]Feb 7, 2011
    • level: 6

I loved it, didn't measure up to last weeks, but wasn't expecting it too.

Laughed soooo hard at the General Beckman/Roan scenes, especially the rocket launcher + musical number scene xD

frostbite200

[3]Feb 7, 2011
    Farmerluk2 wrote:

I loved it, didn't measure up to last weeks, but wasn't expecting it too.

Laughed soooo hard at the General Beckman/Roan scenes, especially the rocket launcher + musical number scene xD

Honestly, the Alexei storyline has been sucking all the fun and quirkiness out of Chuck for me, this one was so silly and stand alone that I really enjoyed it.

antdude

[4]Feb 7, 2011
    • level: 27
    It was funny with the romance, conflicts, silliness, etc. but they weren't in Buy More, but on missions. Heh, the old spy came back and he keeps reminding me of his role in old Night Court series.

BarryWeen3

[5]Feb 8, 2011
    • level: 14

Yes, this was a fun silly episode. All the various storylines interwoven with each other. It was funny seeing Chuck, Sara, and Casey all getting freaked out by the baby stuff and the marriage advice all saying "We Need a Mission".

And Chuck got his subconscious wish of seeing Sara in a belly-dancing outfit as did many a fanboy in the audience...

mattyisafatty

[6]Feb 8, 2011
    • level: 1

seriously what has happened?

the show has gone down the drain!

first 3 seasons, brilliant!

now every week its disapointment. Onlya few good episodes this

season. I dont think ill give up waiting monday nights though.

There is too much romance, not enough old comedy.

The good funny chuck has gone. Gotten kinda lame

BradleyGoldma

[7]Feb 8, 2011
    • level: 6

mattyisafatty wrote:

seriously what has happened?

the show has gone down the drain!

first 3 seasons, brilliant!

I know I'm going to regret this, Given it's inevitably going to start a flame war, But I just cant help myself...I have to say this:

Your comments are EXACTLY why good and even, Great shows, Get unduly cancelled: Viewers such as yourself, Nowadays, Have absolutely NO CONCEPT of what a TELEVISION series entails, In order to remain OTA (On-The-Air). A series CAN NOT remain stagnant, If it hopes to stay alive. There NEEDS to be character AND story growth and development, In at least one way or another, In order to remain interesting to the majority of the viewership. While you, Yourself might still watch Chuck if it was exactly the same as it was 2 years ago, The majority of the Chuck viewership wouldnt, For the pure and simple reason being that they would become mindlessly bored after a few episodes.

Now, Fair enough, You have, And are more than entitled to, Your own opinion, But:

A) Your comments are too generalized to be in this particular thread

B) If the show is as bad as you claim, Why then, Are there ALREADY so many people rallying for a 5th season, With letters, Campaigns and viral media, That have been seen and appreciated by Chris Fedak AND Josh Gomez?

C) I apologize in advance, But this just needs to be said and, To preface and for reference, I'm gonna double-quote you (It's not a compliment)

mattyisafatty wrote:

Straight up: If you don't like it, Or the direction in which the show is heading, Don't watch it. There is no point in deluding yourself into thinking that "next week will be different" - Clearly you are unhappy with the show, So why waste your life watching a show that APPARENTLY only serves to disappoint you, And then proceed to further waste your life, By coming on here and expressing your disappointment to the majority of a community that like or even love the show?!

NOW. Having said all that, I thoroughly enjoyed "The Seduction Impossible" For once, We get to see why Diane is the head of the NSA: Didn't she just look so bad-ass with the headset on and the rocket launcher in her hands?! And Roan...What to say about Roan...Well, I don't think I need to say anything. Glad to see more Casey in action - Always fun to watch, Especially with Morgan trying to talk relationships with him, While he's in a wall, On a mission! As for Sarah/Chuck, Well, It was only a filler ep, Fair enough, And I'm glad that TPTB didn't make it all about them and their one issue. Thrilled to see Linda Hamilton settling into less of a "Sarah Connor" and more of a Mama Bartowski role: Gotta be honest, At first, I wasn't sure she (Linda Hamilton) would be able to pull it off, Given that, For the majority of the movie roles she has played, She has always, In one way or another, Been a hard-ass bad-ass. Kudos!

Lookin forward to "The Cat Squad" especially with the Morgan/Carina (Is it a C or a K, I'm not sure!?)/Alex love triangle that Morgan is going to have to deal with, Which promises to be VERY entertaining, ESPECIALLY if he does something stupid, Like going to Jeffster for advice!

Edited on 02/08/2011 10:52am

BarryWeen3

[8]Feb 8, 2011

BradleyGoldma wrote:

NOW. Having said all that, I thoroughly enjoyed "The Seduction Impossible" For once, We get to see why Diane is the head of the NSA: Didn't she just look so bad-ass with the headset on and the rocket launcher in her hands?! And Roan...What to say about Roan...Well, I don't think I need to say anything. Glad to see more Casey in action - Always fun to watch, Especially with Morgan trying to talk relationships with him, While he's in a wall, On a mission! As for Sarah/Chuck, Well, It was only a filler ep, Fair enough, And I'm glad that TPTB didn't make it all about them and their one issue. Thrilled to see Linda Hamilton settling into less of a "Sarah Connor" and more of a Mama Bartowski role: Gotta be honest, At first, I wasn't sure she (Linda Hamilton) would be able to pull it off, Given that, For the majority of the movie roles she has played, She has always, In one way or another, Been a hard-ass bad-ass. Kudos!

Lookin forward to "The Cat Squad" especially with the Morgan/Carina (Is it a C or a K, I'm not sure!?)/Alex love triangle that Morgan is going to have to deal with, Which promises to be VERY entertaining, ESPECIALLY if he does something stupid, Like going to Jeffster for advice!

Surely Morgan has matured and grown having been accepted as a sorta-of-spy-in-training and being in the company of Chuck/Sara/Casey and such has made him more reflective and intelligent in his choices.

Naaahhh!!

skhplbliss

[9]Feb 9, 2011
    • level: 9
    First off, BradleyGoldma, I'm with you there 100%.

I also really enjoyed this inconsequential episode. It wasn't up to par with last weeks, but it didn't need to be. It was a solid, funny, throwaway episode and all of the characters really felt natural, not forced into any situation.

pinirito

[10]Feb 10, 2011
    • level: 1
    Amen brother! couldnt have said it better!! by the way we need Aliens... lol kidding

BarryWeen3

[11]Feb 11, 2011

pinirito wrote:
    Amen brother! couldnt have said it better!! by the way we need Aliens... lol kidding

We are not the Event...

skhplbliss

[12]Feb 12, 2011
    • level: 9
    Aliens wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea for a mini-arch though. Chuck could be called on to track down (insert bad-guy name here) who plans to sneak into a secret government facility and steal some classified technology. It would never be explicitly stated, but could be hinted that it's "alien" tech.
    An awesome guest star would be Sigourney Weaver. That would be epic. She could be a badass scientist and help chuck kick some bad-guy ass.

frostbite200

[13]Feb 12, 2011
    skhplbliss wrote:
    Aliens wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea for a mini-arch though. Chuck could be called on to track down (insert bad-guy name here) who plans to sneak into a secret government facility and steal some classified technology. It would never be explicitly stated, but could be hinted that it's "alien" tech.
    An awesome guest star would be Sigourney Weaver. That would be epic. She could be a badass scientist and help chuck kick some bad-guy ass.
    Interesting, but I'm not sure about it. It's a little too out there.