Chuck Forums

NBC (ended 2012)

4 x 15: Chuck versus the cat squad

Chuckster18

[1]Feb 15, 2011
    • level: 1

Seems like there wasn't any topic for the newest ep, so I made one.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

antdude

[2]Feb 15, 2011
    • level: 27
    Soso episode, but dang hot women. Was it me or was it spoofing/parodying Charlie's Angels except with four women? Silly Morgan. Alex is attractive.

Who is the voice actor that narrated the introduction and ending for CAT Squad? It sounds familiar, but I can't figure it out.
    Edited on 02/15/2011 6:05am

pinirito

[3]Feb 15, 2011
    • level: 1

im watching it, now... ill be back..

wolfypack

[4]Feb 15, 2011
    • level: 2

antdude wrote:
    Soso episode, but dang hot women. Was it me or was it spoofing/parodying Charlie's Angels except with four women? Silly Morgan. Alex is attractive. Who is the voice actor that narrated the introduction and ending for CAT Squad? It sounds familiar, but I can't figure it out.

That would be Joshua Gomez, aka Morgan Guillermo Grimes

Just like the opening in 315.

frostbite200

[5]Feb 15, 2011
    • level: 21
    wolfypack wrote:

antdude wrote:
    Soso episode, but dang hot women. Was it me or was it spoofing/parodying Charlie's Angels except with four women? Silly Morgan. Alex is attractive. Who is the voice actor that narrated the introduction and ending for CAT Squad? It sounds familiar, but I can't figure it out.

That would be Joshua Gomez, aka Morgan Guillermo Grimes

Just like the opening in 315.

I'm not sure, it doesn't really sound like him.

dman_dustin

[6]Feb 16, 2011
    • level: 8

Finally this episode thread is created (though I'm late by almost a day).

Anyway it was quite obvious who the traitor was. "Amy" was the least unlikely of the real two between her and Zondra so it had to be her. Since it couldn't have been Carina or Sarah. Carina being unlikely for the fact it would seem slight out of character, and I doubt a traitor would go to great lengths to have their vehicle explode as a red herring, in the off chance that the explosion wasn't contained and could've killed the "traitor."

I don't understand Sarah though, she seemed kind of idiotic here in this episode. I mean really, what "traitor" would ever put "traitor tracking" devices on themselves? Obviously a traitor would break up the team by planting the device on someone else, and causing a rift to be made. That is quite plain and obvious, and I'm ashamed Sarah didn't see that.

Although at then right before "Amy" blew that "sleep powder stuff" into Casey's face, I began to hope that maybe it was neither of them, and one was an unwilling pawn in the whole thing. But "Amy" blew the powder in Casey's face and I was like "of course, just like I expected." Although I don't quite remember the reason why she did it, which I'm sure was stupid anyway as are all good guys turning into bad guys excuses.

Carina may be hot, well Alex more so probably because Alex's actress is closer to my age than Carina's, but anyway, Carina came onto Morgan way too strongly. I mean I liked it at first. Especially Morgan waking up to a pretty much naked Carina in his bed, was all full of laughs for me, but after awhile when it began screwing with his relationship with Alex, I immediately disliked it. I mean it was all fun and games, but the lipstick on Morgan's collar was pushing it too far. Although really? What girl kisses the collar of a man's shirt? Does it happen by accident when the girl kisses the man's neck and gets the collar by accident or what? But regardless the lipstick collar was just way too much for me.

It was a pretty fun episode, in my opinion though.

skhplbliss

[7]Feb 16, 2011
    • level: 9
    Finally! A return to the old, goofy Chuck I remember. The show's been on the upswing since the end of the whole Volkoff story arch. This episode showcased Chuck's campy cheese in a glorious way with a throwback to old TV shows and movies. It was light on the Chuck/Sarah drama, compared to previous episodes, gave more spotlight to the Morgan/Alex relationship and was a pretty solid episode all around.

MichaelLeone

[8]Feb 17, 2011
    The narrator voice kind of reminded me of Harvey Fierstein the same voice used as Lilys voice in the How I met Your Mother episode where they were trying to quit smoking.

IanHaze

[9]Feb 17, 2011
    • level: 6

You smell that? That's this weeks episode.

frostbite200

[10]Feb 17, 2011
    • level: 21
    IanHaze wrote:

Yup, that's the faint odour of contrived predictability. This wasn't great in my book, the plot twists were not wonderful at all!

skhplbliss

[11]Feb 18, 2011
    I'm not sure that's necessarily a bad thing. Chuck's always been a quasi-predictable show. Most TV shows are. And that's not the point. With TV, what makes shows great is the journey. This week's episode showcased Chuck's predilection for the goofy, what I loved most about the first season.

IanHaze

[12]Feb 19, 2011

skhplbliss wrote:
    I'm not sure that's necessarily a bad thing. Chuck's always been a quasi-predictable show. Most TV shows are. And that's not the point. With TV, what makes shows great is the journey. This week's episode showcased Chuck's predilection for the goofy, what I loved most about the first season.

Quick, repeat it again, twice in a topic just isn't enough!

fladimir7

[13]Feb 19, 2011
    • level: 11
    IanHaze wrote:

Shouldn't expect much. Fillers usually stink and we will have a good ones of that since we 24 episodes for this season.

IanHaze

[14]Feb 21, 2011

fladimir7 wrote:
    IanHaze wrote:

Shouldn't expect much. Fillers usually stink and we will have a good ones of that since we 24 episodes for this season.

Yeah if it where only the fillers there wouldn't be a problem. Thing is, most episodes are starting to look like fillers.

datascully

[15]Feb 21, 2011

I'm disappointed that this week episode is Valentine's Day themed. C'mon a week late?

The network always seems to be a bit off with the scheduling for Chuck. Also the preview for this weeks ep makes it seem like it'll be another filler ep.

antdude

[16]Feb 21, 2011
    • level: 27
    datascully wrote:

I'm disappointed that this week episode is Valentine's Day themed. C'mon a week late?

The network always seems to be a bit off with the scheduling for Chuck. Also the preview for this weeks ep makes it seem like it'll be another filler ep.

Yeah, that was annoying.