Chuck Forums

NBC (ended 2012)

412 - Chuck Versus the Gobbler

sramv9

[1]Jan 24, 2011
    • level: 22

Discussion thread for 412 - Chuck Versus the Gobbler

I have been putting a discussion thread up lately but won't be able to the next while so... over to anyone else who'd like to put the thread up in future weeks (since right now anyway there doesn't seem to be a forum editor doing that)

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DanSandwichBoy

[2]Jan 24, 2011
    • level: 16
    Hyrda... I swear I saw that name in Orion's basement at some point...

daFlo16

[3]Jan 24, 2011
    • level: 2

DanSandwichBoy wrote:
    It was in the Season 3 Finale. Identity: Hydra

frostbite200

[4]Jan 24, 2011
    • level: 21
    Finally, the chuck I know and love! This season has been a little iffy, Couch Lock, First Fight, Phase Three and Gobbler have been the only ones I consider great!

antdude

[5]Jan 24, 2011
    • level: 27
    Decent episode. Next week's looks better. Mmm, Alex and Sarah were hot tonight!

kennethbored

[6]Jan 24, 2011
    • level: 2

was anyone else thinking Miranda Lawson too? =p

frostbite200

[7]Jan 25, 2011

antdude wrote:
    Decent episode. Next week's looks better. Mmm, Alex and Sarah were hot tonight!
    Am I the only one who feels that Alex is totally underused? She's lucky to be in one or two small scenes in the few episodes she's in. (Coup d'etat being the exception)

Edited on 01/25/2011 12:33am
    Edited 2 total times.

fladimir7

[8]Jan 25, 2011
    • level: 11
    Yea, they definitely should've started with something like that for the second half of the season instead of what we had in the balcony. It seems more natural, more like chuck than those episodes that seem covered with the irrelevant label on it. The buymore/ellie and devon side plot made no point at all again but the rest made it a success. This episode is definitely included in one of the top dogs of this season.

frostbite200

[9]Jan 25, 2011
    fladimir7 wrote:
    Yea, they definitely should've started with something like that for the second half of the season instead of what we had in the balcony. It seems more natural, more like chuck than those episodes that seem covered with the irrelevant label on it. The buymore/ellie and devon side plot made no point at all again but the rest made it a success. This episode is definitely included in one of the top dogs of this season.
    Though I agree that the Buy More of late has been a little redundant, I really liked this subplot because the only really were a back bone for Ellie and Devon's Baby name drama, which I thought played out perfectly, especially the ending!

jimod2001

[10]Jan 25, 2011
    • level: 9
    This was the best episode of the season for me. I am a little upset that Chuck has already given up on Sarah.
    I also would have liked Chuck to take on 10 or so of the inmates before taking on the Hydra.

Morgan is getting better and better he is the best spy ever. I would like his and Alex's story to move a little faster though.

Makes up for last weeks disappointment.

skhplbliss

[11]Jan 26, 2011
    • level: 9
    kennethbored wrote:

Haha yeah man.

frostbite200 wrote:

Am I the only one who feels that Alex is totally underused? She's lucky to be in one or two small scenes in the few episodes she's in. (Coup d'etat being the exception)

I completely agree. She's a fantastic character to add to the show, and just when I think she's about to take a more limelight-oriented spot in the show, they put her on a back burner. Hopefully with Casey in the hospital, they'll show more of her as she worries about her father, and have her and Morgan's relationship develop.

Overall, I am really digging the direction this season is heading now. They were seemed to be losing a lot of us, and at least for me, they've done almost a complete 180. They Buymore no longer seems forced, Alex is getting some attention again, all is looking good.
    As for Casey being in the hospital, I'm not all that worried about it. You can't kill the Casey. Nothing kills the Casey.

AndrewBarnes2

[12]Jan 26, 2011
    • level: 6
    kennethbored wrote:

actually it was based on Salt

on Casey being in the Hospital, it wouldn't surprise me if it was the start of the show being slowly killed off

fladimir7

[13]Jan 26, 2011
    • level: 11

skhplbliss wrote:
    frostbite200 wrote:

I completely agree. She's a fantastic character to add to the show, and just when I think she's about to take a more limelight-oriented spot in the show, they put her on a back burner. Hopefully with Casey in the hospital, they'll show more of her as she worries about her father, and have her and Morgan's relationship develop. Overall, I am really digging the direction this season is heading now. They were seemed to be losing a lot of us, and at least for me, they've done almost a complete 180. They Buymore no longer seems forced, Alex is getting some attention again, all is looking good. As for Casey being in the hospital, I'm not all that worried about it. You can't kill the Casey. Nothing kills the Casey.

Although she's not the best person i would want to come regularly and expand in the show, since she's not that funny, i think she would do enough to add a little more weight to the group who aren't spies because they really need more people. Before if the spy stuff didn't deliver much, we'd have the other group to rely on but since season 3 as you know they've turned almost all of the story on the spy stuff which honestly was a bad idea. Chuck used to be spy and buymore and now he's only spy. Morgan is rapidly taking that same route. Emmet is not there anymore, harry tang, and neither is Anna wu and big mike is demoted. The story need that same balance they had in season 1 and 2. If not Alex, they need someone really funny.

DanSandwichBoy

[14]Jan 30, 2011
    • level: 16
    daFlo16 wrote:

DanSandwichBoy wrote:
    It was in the Season 3 Finale. Identity: Hydra

Ah... Thought that was it, but I wasn't quite sure. Looks like some of the clues we've been getting since way back when are starting to come together...