Chuck Forums

NBC (ended 2012)

characters we would like to see return in season 4

which character would you like to see back most

tonlaij

[41]Jun 9, 2010
    • level: 2
    Are you kidding me the best part of Chuck vs The Living death is the part of the interrogation of Sarah, they must put spice in the relationship that's why Cole and Jill will be perfect and it may solify the relation.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ambaryerno

[42]Jun 10, 2010
    • level: 18

There's FAR better ways to approach Chuck and Sarah's relationship than bringing back the angst which nearly resulted in an outright fan mutiny in the middle of Season 3.

You want to kill the show? Then fine, bring it back. But the series has thankfully moved past that.

mzjango

[43]Jun 10, 2010
    • level: 6

I think it would interesting to have jill or cole test the water a bit with chuck and sarah.. at the end of the day its probably only gonna go towards strengthening their relationship..

tonlaij

[44]Jun 10, 2010
    Exactly we are talking about Sarah leaves Chuck for Cole or Chuck leaves Sarah for Jill, That was the issue with the disaster of Hannah and Shaw characters this season. They must bring this 2 because the issues they still have with Sarah with Jill Sarah does not had a chance to revenge from Jill. And Colt must see Chuck with intersect 2.0.

Ambaryerno

[45]Jun 11, 2010

Where does everyone get the idea that Jill wants revenge on Sarah? There's nothing in First Kill to indicate Jill has anything personal against Sarah.

And while I WOULDN'T mind seeing Cole back, the Chuck/Sarah jealousy plot has been WAY overplayed already.

They can bring these characters back without having to screw with Chuck and Sarah's relationship.

tonlaij

[46]Jun 11, 2010
    No is exactly the opposite the one that need a little bit of revenge is Sarah not Jill and for the las part of your message I totally agree with you.

skhplbliss

[47]Jun 12, 2010
    • level: 9
    Ambaryerno wrote:

There's FAR better ways to approach Chuck and Sarah's relationship than bringing back the angst which nearly resulted in an outright fan mutiny in the middle of Season 3.

You want to kill the show? Then fine, bring it back. But the series has thankfully moved past that.

Ambaryerno wrote:

Where does everyone get the idea that Jill wants revenge on Sarah? There's nothing in First Kill to indicate Jill has anything personal against Sarah.

And while I WOULDN'T mind seeing Cole back, the Chuck/Sarah jealousy plot has been WAY overplayed already.

They can bring these characters back without having to screw with Chuck and Sarah's relationship.

I couldn't agree with you more. Chuck, while in many ways is innovative, besides being my most favorite show, seems to be stuck in the mud in a few categories:
    1) personal growth can only be achieved through death
    2) relationship growth can only be achieved through angst
    While it's fine to have some character development through these techniques, one should not over-employ them too much.
    That said, I really loved the Cole Barker character and would love to see him back on the show, but I feel like in the last episode he was on, he could tell he had no chance at Sarah, and is such an awesome all-around-guy, not to be confused with "as awesome as Captain Awesome" (which is just plain insanity), that he wouldn't want to try and mess with Chuck and Sarah's relationship.
    I feel like the best way to get some character development would be to bring Sarah's father back. He really humanized Sarah more, and helped her break out of her CIA shackles.
    Also, on an unrelated note, has anyone realized that we still call Sarah "Sarah" and not Sam?

skhplbliss

[48]Jun 12, 2010
    • level: 9
    And to continue that thought.
    I would really love to see Carina back on the show, but not in a relationship capacity with Morgan. I'd much rather see him be with Alex, fingers crossed, and I have a sinking suspicion that just when the relationship aspect starts to go somewhere, Carina comes back and Morgan screws EVERYTHING up in a major way.
    As for Jill coming back, I don't think it'll be that big of a deal. Chuck loves Sarah and no longer loves Jill. It's plain to see that while he does feel sympathy for her, he doesn't feel about her in the same way he did at Stanford. If she were to come back, it would be more of a Chuck vs The CIA type of episode than anything else.
    As for all the "dead character," which should be read as "characters that are literally dead in the show, as well as those that have been sent to Hawaii," (which is to say: Bryce, Poppa B, Anna, and Harry) should all not make a reappearance. I loved all of their characters, especially Harry Tang's, and I feel like what the show can do instead is bring in new characters that kind of fit the same mold, like how Emmit Milbarge (played by the incredible Tony Hale [sadly with both of his hands]) came in and took over the buy more much like Harry Did. Now, while they can't really bring back a replacement for Chuck's dad, a kind of surrogate or role model would be perfect. As we saw in Chuck vs. The Role Models (that was the name of the episode, right?), Chuck was really looking up to the couple and wanted to be just like them. It's clear that while he's got the technical abilities down, he's still unsure about a lot of the philosophy.

TeVaerua

[49]Jun 12, 2010
    • level: 7

wow. hard posts to follow

i agree that i would like to see cole back. he doesn't pose a threat to chuck and sarah now that they're together, not that he was much of a threat before he was only there for a couple of eps- not as long as shaw and didn't have the history of bryce- but he is an overall good character and i enjoyed the fact that Chuck too liked him (unlike shaw & bryce).

carina too would be good for sarah. i like watching those two together and how well carina knows sarah- knowing she loved chuck before she knew it herself- but like you said no relationship with morgan, been there, done him, bought the t-shirt. i'm really keen for alex & morgan now.

however my pick was jack burton. i enjoyed seeing into sarah's past and seeing how she was around him there wasno Agent Walker, just sarah. i think they're able to get a lotout of that relationship seeing as he's only been in one ep and, now that bryce is dead, is the only person from sarah's personal past (that we've seen so far not counting nicole richie and the whole high school cougars thing).

BLacqWyng

[50]Jun 12, 2010
    • level: 12
    I hope Chucks dad returns, the Ring may have 'rescued' him for their devious purposes and restored/regenerated him like they did with Shaw after Chuck shot him and he landed in the Seine River. So Stephen "Orion" Bartowski doesn't have to be/remain dead at all.

TeVaerua

[51]Jun 12, 2010
    • level: 7
    that is a really freaky icon. i cant stop watching it....

Ambaryerno

[52]Jun 12, 2010

BLacqWyng wrote:
    I hope Chucks dad returns, the Ring may have 'rescued' him for their devious purposes and restored/regenerated him like they did with Shaw after Chuck shot him and he landed in the Seine River. So Stephen "Orion" Bartowski doesn't have to be/remain dead at all.

I'd like to see Stephen again too, don't get me wrong, but NOT BECAUSE HE'S STILL ALIVE. Shaw may have been barely clinging to life when the Ring recovered him. We saw him fall into the water, but there was no corpse on a slab in the morgue confirmation that he was dead. Stephen we watch die IN HIS SON'S ARMS, and Ellie was definitely there to make the confirmation before trailing Shaw. As she's a doctor so would PROBABLY know the difference between "dead" and "mostly dead."

Whatever process the Ring used to save Shaw, I'm sure it still requires that the subject was still alive to work.

tonlaij

[53]Jun 12, 2010
    The characters owe Ivonne some more substance for the Sarah character because in the first part of this season they made her really some damage to her. So in order for that I think Jack should return to let us know something else about Sarah past. And of course Carina because she could let us know more from Sarah most recent history.

dragster2000

[54]Jun 12, 2010
    • level: 3

i agree we need more of a character background thing, i know they have done the high school with Jenny Burton. but we need carina to start with the i remeber one mission wher you did.... types of conversation.

i can also see chuck hunting jack down for sarah if she is in a low spot and just needs her Dad. or Chuck hunting him down so that he can ask his permission to marry his daughter, why not devon asked chuck.

I also want to see a return from Cole as a mentorish character to chuck or just for a return visit or even just meating under mission curcumstances again. he does have that british bond spy thing going, that and he could teach chuck a thing or to about how to keep his cool. everybody breaks....

DanSandwichBoy

[55]Jul 13, 2010
    • level: 16

While I agree that Bryce and Stephen should stay dead, seeing them in flashback on occasion would be good.Smile

KeelyBoston

[56]Jan 14, 2011
    • level: 5

Honestly, I know that he's dead and all but I really want to see more of Bryce Larkin. It would be very unethical to bring him back, again, but I could really see a great connection between the new spy Chuck and Bryce. I want to see there relationship repaired. I want to know what made them such good friends to begin with. I normally disagree with bringing a character back from the dead, because we clearly saw him die. But there ratings go way up whenever he was on the show.

With that being said, I really like Carina. Because shes not necessarily coming between any of the characters relationships, as the return of Jill or Cole would, but she is such a great character. She's risky and outrageous, she doesn't hold back. Not like Sarah, who's almost too human for her own good, and Casey who just likes hurting people. She's just a different kind of character. Plus, I think the girl to guy ratio is lacking severely in women number. But I wouldn't mind seeing Cole or Jill return in a completely neutral sense.

KeelyBoston

[57]Jan 14, 2011
    • level: 5

I do agree that repeatedly bringing a character back from the dead will desensitize us but I have to see more of Bryce. He was obviously a significant character, because even Casey said "you get a chance to shoot bryce larkin, you shoot to kill."

But I don't won't any more characters to come back with the strict intent to break up Chuck and Sarah. That has been completely overdone. They need to make up there minds, either be together or never see each other again. It's just getting old.

Ambaryerno

[58]Jan 15, 2011

Bryce could easily be brought back in a flashback, or my favorite idea: A personification of the Intersect only Chuck can see (although Stephen would be the best choice for that...)

wolfypack

[59]Jan 15, 2011

KeelyBoston wrote:

I do agree that repeatedly bringing a character back from the dead will desensitize us but I have to see more of Bryce. He was obviously a significant character, because even Casey said "you get a chance to shoot bryce larkin, you shoot to kill."

But I don't won't any more characters to come back with the strict intent to break up Chuck and Sarah. That has been completely overdone. They need to make up there minds, either be together or never see each other again. It's just getting old.

Fedak and Schwartz has already said that they won't do that.

katieb102

[60]Jan 15, 2011
    • level: 3
    dragster2000 wrote:

i agree we need more of a character background thing, i know they have done the high school with Jenny Burton. but we need carina to start with the i remeber one mission wher you did.... types of conversation.

i can also see chuck hunting jack down for sarah if she is in a low spot and just needs her Dad. or Chuck hunting him down so that he can ask his permission to marry his daughter, why not devon asked chuck.

I also want to see a return from Cole as a mentorish character to chuck or just for a return visit or even just meating under mission curcumstances again. he does have that british bond spy thing going, that and he could teach chuck a thing or to about how to keep his cool. everybody breaks....

I think it would be awesome if Chuck were to find Jack and get his permission before proposing to Sarah and have him give her away. And it would be a great addition to his "Surprise look who I found for You!"moments