Chuck Forums

NBC (ended 2012)

Chuck Season 4

JrgenGangfl

[41]May 31, 2010
    • level: 7

The one thing I'm really curious about are the flashback Chuck had during his last fight with shaw... What where the data he received as a child ? There's a mystery there I hope we get a closer look at !

Love Chuck, one of my top 3 favorite series ever.. so please please let Chuck run for a full season and even seasons past the one to come..

There are far to few stellar shows like Chuck out there...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

thetruesora

[42]May 31, 2010
    • level: 22
    I think it was just to show as a kid he was able to handle the early "not meant for human download" version of the intersect. That version was probably taken out of his head (like when Orion removed it in the penultimate episode of season 2).

It was meant to show that, as his father said to him, he is "special"; that despite his father wanting differently for Chuck, the intersect is meant for him and this is his destiny.

rei_vilo

[43]May 31, 2010

I have really mixed feelings about this 3rd season.

On the one hand, the story is going darker. Series are not forever, and inspiration could vanish. The plot seems to run dry, so the writers try to explore new areas, even if there aren't consistent with the main ark.

On the other hand, Zachary Levi / Charles "Chuck" Irving Bartowski delivers an outstanding performance, playing both the foolish geek we love and the sinister spy ready to kill. The script gives him the perfect opportunity to deliver his very best.

The uniqueness of Chuck is the delicate balance between fun, drama, romance and action.

Here are my 4 guesses

- Mama Bartowski is General Diane Beckman.

- Season 4 grand finale with Chuck and Sarah married.

- No season 5. I rather prefer no season than a poorly written season.

- Zachary Levi is ready for more than just a series, he's ready for a true movie.

MooncalfReviews

[44]May 31, 2010

It's gonna end up as like a batcave thing for Chuck, where he gets his info from his Dad's files and tracks down criminals on his own, like a superhero. New twist, but we're used to new things as Chuck fans.

thetruesora

[45]May 31, 2010
    • level: 22
    I think it would be a terrible reveal that General Beckman is Mama B and wouldn't fit with when she "appeared" talking on the phone at the end of the last episode.

tonlaij

[46]May 31, 2010
    • level: 2
    That's impossible that Beckman is chuck mother remember she wants to kill Chuck at the beggining of season 2, and now they are casting the person who would play her. I agree that Charrah should get married at the end of next season.

BraunHF1

[47]May 31, 2010
    • level: 3

interesting twist with the introduction of the mom.. hope shes a villiain adding more twist for chuck.. chuck will be devastated when he finds that out.. at least this will sustain the show for much longer..

i wonder how the new buymore will look like or will there even be a new buymore.. and what will happen to jeffster.. curious curious..

skhplbliss

[48]Jun 1, 2010
    • level: 9
    thetruesora wrote:
    I think it would be a terrible reveal that General Beckman is Mama B and wouldn't fit with when she "appeared" talking on the phone at the end of the last episode.

I agree completely. Anything like that would be pretty ridiculous and pointless. I feel like it would leave a bunch of people scratching their heads and wondering if the writing team had a collective stroke.

And I also feel like a Charah wedding should be reserved for a season/series finale. But please, make with the mini awesome!

nellyg619

[49]Jun 2, 2010
    • level: 17

i dont y the guy/girl a few posts above doesnt want a season 5 i do....the writers for me have proven time again that they can write consistantly gr8 storylines and so i see them continuing for as long as possible hopefully

skhplbliss

[50]Jun 3, 2010
    • level: 9
    I agree completely. There are a couple of episodes that weren't all that great, but they've yet to deliver a less than stellar season.

mzjango

[51]Jun 4, 2010
    • level: 6

Impression i got from the closing scenes of S3 was that Chuck would continue being a spy, but not for the CIA.. he would be taking over from his father running this off the radar espionage task force (it doesnt seem that his dad was actually attached to any particular organization right?)

So i'm thinking we could see some sort of friction between the CIA/NSA and the actions of Chuck maybe toying with the loyalties of protocol and procedure between Chuck, Sarah, Casey and of course Beckman who might even see (if/when she finds out) Chucks new position as a threat or a kind of rogue operation.

If indeed this is the case... what will Sarah do, quit the CIA and partner with Chuck? And Casey, i dont think he is gonna be too pleased with the idea of a non government sanctioned organisation, i dunno.

Possibly the easiest way out, but maybe not the wisest thing for the writers to do would simply be to expand operation Bartowski to to become a joint CIA/NSA/Bartowski Espionage .Ltd operation meaning things would carry on just as they have been. I think it would be nice to shake things up a bit and test the characters loyalties though, we will see!

As for 'charahs' status lol ... i'm thinking proposal end of S4 and a wedding in S5 maybe?

What i would love to see more of in S4 are international ops? I thought the honeymooners gave a really refreshing blast to the setting and action being in Europe. Maybe if Carina comes back as DEA we could see some Drug lord bashing in colombia or something ?

Also Casey should get some Special forces action in again, granted most of his team was killed in the Season 2 finale but they could revitalise thatelement too!

Edited on 06/04/2010 5:30am

tonlaij

[52]Jun 4, 2010
    I agree with you that the season must begin with more spyish episodes the honeymooners and even the role models were great for showing that.

And of course the writters have prove that they can deliver awesome episodes I think many people want to see a weeding next season because of uncertity of a Season 5

Felipeandre25

[53]Jun 22, 2010
    • level: 1

Could you guys help me out just a bit please?? I'm from Brazil, and I'm a little bit lost in Chuck. I'm a huge fan of Chuck since I've watched it for the very first time. Last year though, people were talking that the Show wouldn't even make it through the Third Season, that it would end right there in the 2° Season. But it did go through a 3° season, which I watched and loved, and now, we are going to have a Fourth season? Is that correct? We were going to have only 13 episodes on the 3° season in the first place, and then, they made 6 more episodes? It was the success of the Show that caused it? When is the fourth season going to begin?

tonlaij

[54]Jun 22, 2010
    The fact is that there would be a season 4 and it has been order 13 episodes again but if the show continue with good numbers they promise another 9 episodes so everyone should see the show live in order to get a fantastic 22 episode full season. And it would begin by the end of september.

enricbr9

[55]Jul 15, 2010
    • level: 5
    By the way, what if Chuck's governor breaks like the one that his father had? What will he do without one?

Also, now that Ellie nows everything...will Chuck keep his promise to be out off duty on the spy world?

tonlaij

[56]Jul 17, 2010
    I don't think so what it's going to happend is that they complicated the things of Chuck as an spy in order to spice things for the series if everyone is on board in spy game. The show will be doom that's why they will continue with the secrets

tormap

[59]Jul 18, 2010
    • level: 1

Chuck will not leave the spy buissnes...after all the show revolves around the fact that he is a spy.

Unless the season starts with him being a spy some event will happen dragging him back. The way the show ended what with his mother popping into the picture leads me too think she will be a vital part of the new plot.

the real question is, will he stay with the CIA or will he start operating alone?

Someone asked if ''the ring'' will be back...no i think not. Each new season has so far had a new organisation too deal with and i'm pretty confident the new season will to. The ring was brought down...leaders imprisoned and the main bad guy Shaw dead or under severe guard and without a governor too keep his mind from burning up ( this does not mean something wont happen too bring him back). We can only hope they revive him.

Rarely have i met a bad guy that have kept me returning too the screen wondering, what's he up too this time.

This show is officially my favorite show and i cannot wait for winter when this returns too the screen. Way too go Chuck.

P.S. Im seriously glad they manned up Sarah...first half of S3 made me want too gnaw of my hand so i could toss it at the screen. The cool tough and extremely hot girl ONLY showing her sad just about too cry face.

Edited on 07/18/2010 9:11pm

Ambaryerno

[60]Jul 19, 2010
    • level: 18

Keep in mind that the cell-based structure of the Ring means it's going to be a lot more capable of surviving the loss of its leadership than would an organization with strong central control. It's completely feasible that there's a handful of cells out there that can make life miserable for Chuck.