Chuck Forums

NBC (ended 2012)

Chuck: Season 4 or Season 5?

JoeWashington8

[1]Feb 1, 2011
    • level: 9

How many of you would be satisfied with the show ending with this season and how many of you would rather the show be given one more season to "really tie the house together" (Big Lebowski joke)?

I wouldn't have a problem with the show ending with Season 4 because I feel the show is reaching the end of its road. Chuck's growth as a character is nearly complete and ending Chuck and Sarah's story with a wedding Chuck-styled would be a beautiful bow out point.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

famulan1st

[2]Feb 2, 2011
    • level: 15

I agree....would love the show to go on further but to see the wedding would be a great ending.

I would love to see the villan that tops Volkoff (Timothy Dalton)...a relative or a subordinate? But just something that he said...I haven't told you everything...to Mama B. I am just happy for the additional 11 episodes.

I personally can't wait for the rest of the season to see how it pans out.

tvfreak23456

[3]Feb 2, 2011
    • level: 1

If they do go inseason 5 can see only 13 episode. I would like to see Ellie and Devon kid grow up little bit. Chuck and sarah marriage grow and Maybe have kid. And see Morgan and Alex get marry. Casey tell Kathine he is Alex and Him and Kathine get back together.But i can see put most of it at end of season 5 showthe futurelike they did of last season of charmed.

joshdinnell

[4]Feb 2, 2011
    • level: 1

I would really love to see the show continue on. I love the show, and feel that it could continue to go for a few more seasons as long as the story doesn't become bland, but as far as i have seen in season 4 they can continue and i would definitely love to keep watching. I do think that it's going to pose a problem for the writers to continue creating great episodes to keep viewers, but the cast is great and the whole spy concept allows for an unlimited amount of situations. The show needs to remain funny and entertaining though, which I feel will start to slow as it slightly has already with Chuck's growth as a spy, but I think that is why the brought Morgan in on the team. Really looking forward to the rest of season 4. On another noteYvonne Strahovski (Sarah) is just amazing -- I really look forward to her future career as an actress in other movies/shows, if Chuck gets canceled that is.

skhplbliss

[5]Feb 2, 2011
    If you had asked me this 2 months ago, I probably would have said 'End it at season 4.' What with the past few episodes, I'm singing a different tune. I've always been more invested in the characters than the story, and I would love to watch them all save the world for at least another season as long as the writing is on par.

rei_vilo

[6]Feb 3, 2011
    • level: 7

+1

I fully agree.

This episode ends all the arcs: bad guy arrested, Mom freed, baby delivered, Chuck and Sarah engaged, Morgan in love, Casey fine, BuyMore singing geeks ousted.

IMHO, this is a real question worth considering.

Other series were stopped after some seasons.

I rather prefer a short and good show than a lengthy and average show.

garnetblack

[7]Feb 3, 2011
    • level: 7

One more season would get the show up to around 100 episodes...I think that would be a good stopping point, and give the writers enough time to wrap everything up.

frostbite200

[8]Feb 5, 2011
    • level: 21
    garnetblack wrote:

One more season would get the show up to around 100 episodes...I think that would be a good stopping point, and give the writers enough time to wrap everything up.

Agreed, there's some stories I liked to see that couldn't possibly be told within this extra 11, so I'd say end it on seasons 5 and round out a hundred episodes.

Frenz9

[9]Feb 6, 2011
    • level: 10
    Massive Chuck fan here, though personally dont want them to go much further because they are ruining it!

The Chuck/Sarah relationship was awesome in the first few seasons and at that point i would have loved for them to be together. But with the needless 'I love you' and bickering in every scene it is just killing it.

If you were a writer/directer or even a 'spy' (IRL) would you really be trying to force a petty argument that hasnt been an issue upon every mission or scene there on?

JoeWashington8

[10]Feb 6, 2011

I would like for Chuck and Sarah to get past the petty arguments and become more equals in their relationship. I think they were getting there in Season 3 but I feel this season has pushed that back a bit. Or is that just me?