Chuck Forums

NBC (ended 2012)

Chuck series finale!

What did you think of Chuck television/TV series finale?

antdude

[1]Jan 27, 2012
    • level: 28
    First episode was OK, but the second/final episode was better. Nice references to old episodes and love Jeffster!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stung4ever

[2]Jan 27, 2012
    • level: 6
    Loved it. I know a lot of people are going to hate the ending, but like I said in my review:

stung4ever wrote:
    From the moment Morgan suggested the kiss thing, I thought that was how the writers were going to restore Sarah's memory. But I'm happy they didn't. Not explicitly restoring her felt more honest.

If the kiss did kick start her memory, great. If not, we know the memories are still there, and the two are going to work to get those memories back. Either way, Chuck and Sarah will wind up together.

CrazyAsian1080

[3]Jan 27, 2012
    • level: 7

Honestly this was the best way they could have ended the show

The Good

- no one died

- this was the best way they could have ended it. I am glad they did not go for the super happy ending. I am glad Sarah and Chuck did not get the magical happy ever after but they still hinted that Sarah is re-falling for Chuck

- The ending was good

- Everyone's story got pretty much wrapped up

- The mini Chuck and Sarah relationship flash back was brilliant, it was just amazing

- Quinn got shot

- Stalk TV

- The Sarah montage was just sooo sweat

The Bad

- Did Sarah suddenly become stupid? She doesn't contact CIA at all to confirm that Quinn was telling her the truth

- Sarah doesn't question why a CIA agent just blew up DARPA/realize he is obviously evil after doing so

- why didn't Chuck just start out with the carving

- Quinn didn't get shot as soon as he said the bomb couldn't be disactivated

Canada_Michael

[4]Jan 27, 2012
    • level: 10

I thought it was pretty bad.

Throughout the finale Sarah acted like she couldn't get away fast enough from Chuck, then in the final minutes she is all tell me about us & laughing & crying. I get that she's confused & scared but the the way she acted seemed odd, even given the state she was in.

It felt as if they wanted to try & please everyone & by doing so pleased no one, or at least very few IMO. If you want to go dark & sad go all the way, the same applies to going happy. In the end Chuck & Sarah moved backwards while the rest of the cast moved forward.

Ambaryerno

[5]Jan 28, 2012
    • level: 18

I like the way they handled it. I agree that magically having Sarah's memory completely recovered would have been too easy, and I applaud JS and CF for taking the more difficult approach. However for the bitterness that Sarah doesn't really remember, I like that they left it with the implications that the memories ARE there and returning. She remembered carving their names in the doorframe, (I think that was VERY important since it was something Sarah remembered herself) how the Wienerlicious should be stocked, Irene Demova, and the importance of the beach. The Sarah we saw evolving for five years IS still there inside and isn't lost forever. The kiss may not have been an instant jump-start on her memory, but I think it was meant to be clear that it WILL return.

Using the beach for the ending was very poignant, and a great way to bookend the series. The pilot ended with Sarah comforting Chuck there, and it ends with Chuck doing the same for Sarah. I think it really helps tie together just how much they mean to each other, and that Sarah was able to let her guard down again and TRUST him was very important.

I do think that the endings for many of the different characters was a little rushed. I'd have liked to see Ellie and Devon leaving for Chicago developed a little more fully, and I'd have ESPECIALLY liked to have seen more of Chuck, Casey and Sarah (at least as well as she was able to) facing the realization that after five years they now are going their separate ways. There were also a few other small loose ends, particularly with Jill. It always felt like there was a part she had left to play in the story and it just fell by the wayside.

On the other hand, I like how though the series has been brought to a close, it's still very open to so many possibilities. Chuck, as far as we know, still has the Intersect. There's more adventures out there, even though we may not see them. Or maybe we will. Can always hope for one of the cable stations to make a move on it. I don't know if Chuck would work as a feature film, but maybe one day we'll get to see Chuck Versus the Box Office.

I just wonder what I'm going to watch now. :-(

BarryWeen3

[6]Jan 28, 2012
    • level: 14

Ambaryerno wrote:

I just wonder what I'm going to watch now. :-(

Well if you're not watching them already, let me recommend Once Upon a Time, Person of Interest, Castle, Flashpoint, Fringe, Justified, White Collar, Psych,The Walking Dead, Leverage, The Mentalist,Burn Notice, Warehouse 13, and Eureka.

BarryWeen3

[7]Jan 28, 2012
    • level: 14

It was a bittersweet ending.

As others said, they didn't go for the "easy" ending, but I still felt sad for Chuck, although you are left with the feeling that Sarah and Chuck will reconnect at the end.

Loved Jeffster.

Goodbye Chuck, it's been a fun 5 years.

kinglink2

[8]Jan 28, 2012
    • level: 16
    I'm super thrilled with the ending. They could have gone with the very obvious happy ending (glasses get destroyed, but Sarah remembers anyways) but the ending felt better, a little more "Chuck-ish" where they seem to play with the obvious tropes. Fantastic ending in my opinion. The final villian was executed well, not "over powered" but still a great villian.

ltcomstella

[9]Jan 28, 2012

Imo the dog needs some hemeroid cream...

In my review and a few others from the bullet train coined it with the time frame of events

Well i feel drained emotionally and slightly cheated.

Why ret con sarah and not fully bring her back? despite the obvious cliche's of a quick fix ? makes the whole show a waste of time...

Casey going to gertrude ? why not show them reunite in a combat situation and the funny romantic exchanges that would follow ?

Morgan and alex moving in? yawn .... why not have morgan propose ?

jeffster going to germany to follow in the hoffs foot steps ? not bad...though them 'singing' take on me was epic !!

Chuck the movie should totally happen ina FEW YEARS !

Now on to the nit picking...

I noticed a few things a miss in these two episodes...(in random order)

1. sarah was always wearing her wedding ring yet she never took it off or questioned it and as far as we can tell did quin tell her she married chuck at all ?

2. Beckman and the chinese counterpart in a public place, yet no cia goons found a HUGE bomb under her chair ? COMMON !! REALLY ??! The cia would surely of checked out the place !

3.Sarah didn't know much about castle but remembered the escape option in her cell ?

4.Casey leaving his beloved desert eagle behind ?

5. chuck not looking above him before firing the warning shot ?

6. How quinn survived the plane incident and still kept hold of the key piece?

Hamzie

[10]Jan 28, 2012
    • level: 9
    is anyone else really really sad right now

this always happens to me at the end of a series
    fml

Canada_Michael

[11]Jan 28, 2012
    • level: 10

Did they ever mention if Chuck still has the Intersect?

All & all this was pretty much a reset for Chuck & Sarah IMO. Quinn was right the Intersect is what brought Chuck & Sarah together, & is why they crossed paths. There is no guarantee that Chuck & Sarah they get over this & stay together. The fact that after she remembers carving their names & still kept her distance from Chuck was strange to me.

TX6000

[12]Jan 28, 2012
    • level: 4

I think it ended well..the way I see it Chuck now has the new improved intersect that doesn't cause brain damage and Sarah's memories are still in her head somewhere and is remembering some of them. If she is already remembering her lost memories so quickly then long term things appear to be looking even better and I think thats how the writers chose to write the script..so it was not a super happy ending but you knew things would be ok.

I liked the fact she went to the beach at the end, where Chuck orgininally gets comforted by her in the beginning of the series, this backs up my thoughts on the writers wanting to say everything would be ok.

Edited on 01/28/2012 10:24am

showmevideogame

[13]Jan 28, 2012
    • level: 5

I really, really do like the way the series ended. It was appropriate and stayed away from the cheesy, "everything is perfect" approach. However, I still feel sad and a little empty. Thinking back to the S3-S5 Chuck/Sarah relationship, how happy they were and how much Sarah had changed since S1&2, and seeing all of that thrown away...really emotional stuff. I do think she will regain her memories completely, but I wonder if she will ever remember the emotions she felt. I know that she will fall in love with Chuck again, but if she can't remember how happy she was on their wedding, or how desperate she felt to save Chuck in Chuck vs. Phase Three...it's very bittersweet.

There are two things that are bothering me, though.

1) Where did Chuck get the empty Intersect glasses that he swapped with Sarah's? Is there a giant stash of Intersect-ready sunglasses in Castle that we don't know about??

2) Why did Chuck and Ellie give up on restoring Sarah's memories just because the specific pair of glasses were destroyed? They explain it as "there is only one more upload left." There have been several Intersect glasses on the show, though. Make a new pair! Use the pair from question #1, for goodness sakes! I just refuse to believe they gave up that easily, with all the technology they had at their disposal.

Edited on 01/28/2012 7:43pm

Ambaryerno

[14]Jan 28, 2012

I think the problem was that with the main Intersect computer destroyed, there was nothing to load the glasses WITH.

dragon22a

[15]Jan 28, 2012
    • level: 32

Not to mention that with the Intersect in Chucks head, his expertise in technology, Ellie's knowledge, their fathers research, CIA resources, and the Nerd Herd, there is a good possibility that they could have crafted a way of unlocking Sarah's memories or even creating a new intersect. The fact that they did not even have Beckman note that the CIA would be working on a way to help her was a bit off.

They could have even thrown a bit of drama into it by having his friends choose between leaving and staying to help. Ellie and Awsome would have to stay in Burbank, Jeff and Lester would have to give up fame, and Casey would have to remain with the team. It would show a united front. It would have also made it more clear that Sarah would be restored and that Chuck would always have his friends and family with him.

Ambaryerno

[16]Jan 28, 2012

How much clearer do you need it? The fact that she was remembering small things on her own is a pretty definite indication that her memory is recovering.

Had the show gone for a sixth season, maybe I could see something happening to bring everyone back together again, but I think they wanted to make it certain that this is the end of the road for the lives they shared for five years. It doesn't mean they'll never see each other again, and aren't still bound to each other, but people have to move on and find their own way.

nutcrackr

[17]Jan 28, 2012
    • level: 7
    Great ending, certainly very emotional last two episodes. I loved how they linked so many things from the first season. Been quite a journey and they ended it fairly well. Although I have to say I was expecting Sarah to be pregnant given all the hoopla about that early on. I guess they changed their mind about that or couldn't squeeze it in. Maybe it was just there to get us to think about it. While my favourite seasons will forever be the first and second they did pretty well with the last two considering how they brought Chuck and Sarah together. I would be up for a movie or tv special later on but I don't think we need another series. How many times has it felt like the show was ending and yet it didn't?

poulters

[18]Jan 29, 2012

I loved the ending, kind of funny thou it left a few things open this could lead to a future new series, movie or special. Could be really great if it was made into a movie

ltcomstella

[19]Jan 29, 2012

the glasses chuck swapped over where most likely the ones morgan used that where locked in the nsa/castle section

the one upload left was because sarah blue up the darpa ist room

also the pieces for the key seemed wrong as they should of been used with the ist room system NOT GLASSES..

StefanFormgren

[20]Jan 30, 2012
    • level: 4
    me to. allways feel so emty inside when a good serie ends.
    (almost like seperation fealing)

for me thay shud have ended after season4 without morgan getting the intersect,, a good ending..
    but this one felt duelegged "two ways" on one hand i whanted the happie ending but it whas so dark and depressing,
    he fucked her memory, finaly got the memory back and save the day, but still with a unhappy fealing on the other hand i liked it, the actors got some time and goodby and sarah and chuck still got echother also at the and, I never felt that the "kiss" wud jumpstart her memory, more like the kiss jumpstarted her fealings for him again.
    and I love the backflashes