Chuck Forums

NBC (ended 2012)

Chuck series finale!

What did you think of Chuck television/TV series finale?

SynbiosTael

[21]Jan 30, 2012
    • level: 9

I loved it.

When Chuck brings Sarah to "their" house and gives the speech i was nearly crying. And i never cry with movies, series etc...

As it has been said, Sarah will get their memories back and the way she says 'Kiss me' to Chuck makes me think she's already falling for him

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lisi1210

[22]Jan 30, 2012
    • level: 10

I think it was a good ending. Too many shows end without closure and they gave me closure. I'm very sad to see the show go b/c I could alwys depend on Chuck to make me smile. I'm happy they made it this long and them ending it similar to how the show started is good for me.

lisi1210

[23]Jan 30, 2012
    • level: 10

I so agree!!! It's going to be like the old times where he had the intersect and he has to try to win her heart! It was very emotional and AMAZING!

antdude

[24]Jan 31, 2012
    • level: 27
    Chuck S05E13 Jeffster - Take On Me (Full) from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7Jfkri0Vtk from From cyberdjinn's comment in http://www.tv.com/news/chuck-the-long-goodbye-27703/ ...

dougieee7

[25]Feb 6, 2012
    • level: 2
    Great ending BUT my biggest irk for the entire season was the way the intersect was getting thrown around like a childs toy???
    ALL the lengths that the government went to to protect chuck and next thing it seems like the entire goddamn cast is lining up for a download??????

I was under the impression that chucks unique interaction with the intersect was because of his ability to retain massive still picture information, his tutor at stamford hinted as much to bryce.

So, why as the show progressed was it then so easy for so many others to absorb and retain all that information???

It just seems odd that intersect glasses were everywhere, hell, they may as well have sold them off the shelf at the Buy-More, YET they spent massive amounts of time and effort protecting the original???

Anyway aside from my nit picking the ending was much better than I expected much to my surprise

PsicNina

[26]Feb 6, 2012
    • level: 8

I'm one of those people who says "If this ends all sunshine, rainbows and happy closures to the stories, it's gonna ruin the end", but when I don't actually get the happy ending, it's very unfulfilling.

Chuck suffered a great deal in the past because he was so desperately in love with Sarah since day one, and she remained, for a very long time, a spy first. But, when they got together, they were so happy. Sarah was SO VERY MUCH CRAZY in love with Chuck, he was her life, we can see it in her eyes that she wouldn't be able to live without her nerdy-husband. And then, everything it's just gone?

Oh my gosh, I mean, It's good that everyone got closure and happy endings, I was very glad to see that everything turned out okay for everyone, but this show is about Chuck, and I'll be damned if he didn't deserved a very much happy ending too. After all this mess with the Intersect switching hands (and brains) in these last few episodes, after all he fought, after all he suffered (again), after all he did to get HIS Sarah back, he doesn't get her? That's messed up. I definitely can't say that I did not like the last episode of this great show, I just thought it was unfair that Chuck did not get his wife, his story (THEIR story), the love of his life back.

Oh, well, now it's done. It's over and that is so sad. I'm definitely going to miss this show...

kyubi256

[27]Mar 7, 2012
    • level: 9
    dougieee7 wrote:
    Great ending BUT my biggest irk for the entire season was the way the intersect was getting thrown around like a childs toy???
    ALL the lengths that the government went to to protect chuck and next thing it seems like the entire goddamn cast is lining up for a download??????

I was under the impression that chucks unique interaction with the intersect was because of his ability to retain massive still picture information, his tutor at stamford hinted as much to bryce.

So, why as the show progressed was it then so easy for so many others to absorb and retain all that information???

It just seems odd that intersect glasses were everywhere, hell, they may as well have sold them off the shelf at the Buy-More, YET they spent massive amounts of time and effort protecting the original???

Anyway aside from my nit picking the ending was much better than I expected much to my surprise

Well that was one thing was very important in the series. The original intersect only worked for Chuck because, as you said, he had an ability to retain massive still picture information. The intersection since has been worked and reworked many times. It has since been created to be more compatible with the normal human being. So many other groups have tried to create their own, and even the CIA has worked on this that it has become easier to operate.

That was one of the huge issues in the earlier seasons. The baddies wanted to kidnap Chuck to extract the intersect out of him so they could get their best scientists together to program one that would work for more spies. That was a huge thing with Fulcrum, experimentation to find an intersect that would work for all the agents.

And that is another reason why all of these intersects have huge trojan horses and huge bugs. Because a Trojan Horse in reality is just a messed up coding. In trying to get the intersect to be more accessible to everyone, they had made a few mishaps in the coding which really screws with someone mentally. That is why it is more compatible with others, but also more "corrupted."

My big problem was, why did Decker send the intersect to Chuck/Morgan in the first place? You know it's bugged and would harm them mentally, but it's still the intersect... Sure it'd hurt Carmichael Industries and ruin Chuck's life, but it'd also turn him into one of the biggest baddies you've ever seen. He'd become another Alexei Volkoff. Is that really what you wanted?

That is what I didn't understand. Why did Decker want to create another Alexei Volkoff?

JoshSutton

[28]Mar 20, 2012
    • level: 15
    I just finished the final episode and i was really shocked with both how they gave Sarah the intersect and then had her memory wiped, i really didn't see it coming so well done to the writers for a surprise ending, if it was too happy and cheesy i probably wouldn't have liked it so i'm glad they went with the bittersweet path. It was really nice to see all of the characters take on their new lives, well done Jeffster!

birddog200

[29]Mar 22, 2012
    • level: 6

I missed most of the final season but caught the last 2 episodes and thought they were excellent. Some of it was a little forced but I liked how they worked in all the references to earlier seasons as well as the bigger budget feel to the production.

The final Jeffster performance was epic.

As for the ending I'm not really a fan of cookie cutter happy endings so I though this one was fantastic; I'm glad after so many close calls with cancellation this show got the ending it deserved.

Farewell!

DJWoodbine

[30]Dec 21, 2013
    • level: 4

The final season didn't air in the UK, so I've had to wait ages to watch it and thanks to Netflix having all 5 seasons, I finally got round to watching it. I have to say the final season felt a bit emotional, it made me laugh, sad and happy.

I didn't like the fact Sarah lost all her memories with Chuck, but in the final scene I really liked all those flashbacks it almost brought a tear to my eyes lol.

Edited on 12/21/2013 6:21am

KStanf

[31]Jan 22, 2014
    • level: 4
    DJWoodbine wrote:

...it almost brought a tear to my eyes lol.

Almost? What are you, a robot? I WAS crying... well, and laughing... and crying...