Chuck Forums

NBC (ended 2012)

Chuck vs. the Masquerade Discussion Thread

What did you think of Vivian?

frostbite200

[1]Feb 22, 2011
    • level: 21

Discuss "Chuck vs. the Masquerade" here.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Farmerluk2

[2]Feb 22, 2011
    • level: 6
    I really liked this episode, liked that Casey got more action then in previous episodes, I'm looking forward to his new team, as long as he remains in Burbank, and possibly assisting on Team Bartowski (or visa versa) I'm happy as I love Casey's interactions with the rest of the team (Casey and Morgan are hilarious).
    Also like the set up for Vivian to take over her fathers "business" :p

fladimir7

[3]Feb 22, 2011
    • level: 11
    Yea i still wish this season to be over already, and go back to the basics--better yet, go back to make sense. I miss the old castle when there used to be one or two computers around and now we have secret chambers coming out of nowhere. Sarah however is hotter than ever, so i appreciate that. My man Morgan is still funny as ever so that too i appreciate. Casey finally had his chance for a bit of gunplay in this episode but why weren't those bad guys shooting back at all, not even a single shot, and some of them were running right into his path when he was standing there in plain sight. The person who directed this episode thought that made sense? wow. And Chuck, well chuck is doing acrobatics now so let's leave it at that. I give this episode a 5/10.

Fillers are crap, but chuck is pushing too much.

skhplbliss

[4]Feb 22, 2011
    • level: 9
    I absolutely loved this episode and think it's the best of this season. They incorporated every character and managed to pull it off. They had humor, action, romance, all cleverly balanced. Thank God we've returned to the old Chuck I know and love.

dman_dustin

[5]Feb 23, 2011
    • level: 8

fladimir7 wrote:
    Fillers are crap, but chuck is pushing too much.

How is this a "filler" when it introduces Vivian, Volkoff's daughter, and heir to his "industry?"

If this was a filler episode, then the whole storyline with Volkoff was filler. And at that point, what ISN'T a filler in Chuck, if none of the season arcs are "non filler." Fulcrum, The Ring, etc, all fillers?

fladimir7

[6]Feb 23, 2011
    It depends on the individual when it comes to tv shows. I will consider any episodes they will add to this season after what the writers initially intended as fillers. It was supposed to end with the capture of volkoff. Introducing his daughter at that point seems only to be stretching the volkoff story.

skhplbliss

[7]Feb 23, 2011
    • level: 9
    I can see that. My main problem with the Volkoff story was Chuck's mom. Now that she's out of the picture, I feel like I'll really enjoy seeing how Volkoff's daughter's story plays out.

dman_dustin

[8]Feb 23, 2011

fladimir7 wrote:
    It depends on the individual when it comes to tv shows. I will consider any episodes they will add to this season after what the writers initially intended as fillers. It was supposed to end with the capture of volkoff. Introducing his daughter at that point seems only to be stretching the volkoff story.

I suppose you have a small point, but it isn't like Chuck, knows how long its seasons are, or how many episodes NBC orders. Not every series is "blessed" with 20+ episodes for seasons. One of the only reasons why I would dislike shows like Eureka and Warehouse 13 (even though I really like them), they're only relegated to 13 or so episodes a season, and I dislike that, considering one has to wait nearly a year before they come back on.

So I guess, just be glad, we're getting any episodes at all, or we'd have to wait a long time for them to air again (the next season).

fladimir7

[9]Feb 24, 2011
    dman_dustin wrote:

fladimir7 wrote:

I suppose you have a small point, but it isn't like Chuck, knows how long its seasons are, or how many episodes NBC orders. Not every series is "blessed" with 20+ episodes for seasons. One of the only reasons why I would dislike shows like Eureka and Warehouse 13 (even though I really like them), they're only relegated to 13 or so episodes a season, and I dislike that, considering one has to wait nearly a year before they come back on.

So I guess, just be glad, we're getting any episodes at all, or we'd have to wait a long time for them to air again (the next season).

Chuck is a show who's battling with cancellation, while i'm glad we're getting to see more of chuck since i'm quite much addicted to the show, because through bad or worse i will stick with it, but i would rather like they spend those episodes in a new story or a new season. Every series i've known has a bad season and for chuck, this is his season. I don't know why those writers aren't putting much thought into the story like they did in the past three seasons but it seems at this point they should be our concern now than NBC trying to cancel it.

I believe the third season is the only one along with the fourth, NBC demanded more episodes while everything was airing already. Season 3 was handled quite well. They were able to keep the story constant through the whole season, but the fourth season is going different angles.

Ralfberg

[10]Feb 28, 2011
    • level: 13

For me this was pretty average episode, ok there were some plot turns (even some big ones), but still. It was/is soooo predictable that Vivian will take over Volkoff's industries, also I dont get why Chuck and others gave back to her that key - they could've kept it and she would never get to that (whatever it is) to what she got in the end. Also the side stories in this episode werent that funny, except for the episode's beginning when they celebrated Valentine's day. All in all pretty average episode, hopefully next one gets better.

chaotic_midget

[11]Feb 28, 2011
    They just assumed it was a necklace and only took it for the disguise. Only Vivian figured out it was a key after she saw the imprint on the lock in Volkoff's office.