Chuck Forums

NBC (ended 2012)

How many seasons?

Matty34UK

[1]Nov 11, 2008
    • level: 4

Hey everyone.

Sorry if this has been posted before, but how many Seasons do you think there will be of Chuck?
    Im hoping that there is going to be more than 2 seasons, otherwise im going to be really upset

I think that they should carry it on even if Chuck gets the intersect copied to the CIA or whatever mainframe thing.

What do you think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

okthen82

[2]Nov 11, 2008
    As much as I love this show, I can't see this show go on for more than three seasons. Maybe four tops if the writers are clever and come up with some ridiculously awesome storyline(s). At comic con '08, Josh S. said that all these storylines this season will lead up to a crazy CRAZY season finale. I'll be pissed if NBC looks at this season's low ratings and axes it at the of the season because that would kill what season 3 can offer. This show needs it's well deserved closure, just not after two seasons, please!

kYSSTEN

[3]Nov 13, 2008
    • level: 8
    I really hope that Chuck goes out while its still on top, you can't drag this kind of thing out for too long.

But I believe Season 3 is something that we'll get, as the Season 2 finale doesn't seem like an episode that closes up an incredibably genious show like this.

Read that Chuck and the Co. will be hold hostage on Christmas Eve or something ^^

So my final answer will remain that Season 3 will be da last season, feels like a good number.

Sucks to have to say good bye to a show like this :S Chuck is sooo awesome!

But hey, there's still quite a lot of S2 left, and Season 3 will probably be just as good, if not even better whenever it comes. Don't live in the US, so I don't really know much about this seasons ratings? There any site where you can have a look at them?

Ambaryerno

[4]Nov 13, 2008
    • level: 18
    Check the episode count again. I believe that's just the mid-season finale, as it's listed here as 2x11. Chuck had a full 23-episode pickup for S2.

SMGslayer97

[5]Nov 13, 2008
    • level: 34
    I think a season 3 is pretty much in the bank, given how much NBC seems to be standing by the show (even before season 2 began). But I don't think Chuck is going to work as a long term show, by that I mean no more then five seasons. Very few shows can remain good for that long, or at least as good as they once were because things start to feel stretched out and story lines get repetitive but I could see Chuck lasting as least four provided they plan it out properly.

mikeocfan

[6]Nov 13, 2008
    • level: 9
    i agree that season 3 is pretty much in the bag....nbc cancelled my own worst enemy and lipstick jungle today...they can only cancle so much per season right :p

Matty34UK

[7]Nov 14, 2008
    I really do hope that it goes on longer than 2 seasons.

Chuck is probably, one of the best shows going by far. I've watched it from day one, and I will be disappointed when it goes. Hopefully, thats not soon

lilweezer3

[8]Nov 17, 2008
    Season 3 is not a sure thing, the ratings are still pretty damn low. No matter how much NBC is backing the show, if its cost more than how much revenue they make, then it has a possibility of getting canned. I just hope that the network tells the producers so we atleast get a proper ending.

mikeocfan

[9]Nov 17, 2008
    • level: 9
    it will be fine nbc is aware that is is getting alot of views online as well....nbc is one of the only networks that trak that stuff

ChichipioWilson

[10]Nov 17, 2008
    • level: 16
    mikeocfan wrote:
    it will be fine nbc is aware that is is getting alot of views online as well....nbc is one of the only networks that trak that stuff

yeah, ok, maybe they follow that stuff. But having lots of people watching it online is only good as a buzz generator. These online viewers talking and commenting may result in more viewers, that's why they're interested in those numbers, but in the end they hope that people watch it on tv. That's where the money is; you don't go to a potential advertiser and say "hey, wanna buy a slot for my show? our numbers suck but I can assure you that lots of people will watch the show online... where they won't be seeing your product at all..." That's just bad business.

Backing the show the way they have is good for business, don't believe everything they try to feed you. Chuck's still has a good chance to develop a bigger audience. Showing unconditional support sends the message that you can safely check it out without fearing cancellation. Because, no matter how good a show may be, not many people like to take chances on bubble shows.

I'm really hoping for the numbers to pick up so the show can get a 3rd season. If this is not the case, at least this time no one can blame the network; nbc is really doing its part. I'd just like, as someone already said, that they let the producers know beforehand. I hate when shows get axed during summer, usually after a big cliffhanger.

thacrowbar

[11]Nov 20, 2008
    • level: 10
    Well, a lot of television commentators from TVguide and EW seem to think NBC will continue standing by it at least for now. It sounds like we've got a good shot at a third season. But putting that aside, if the show doesn't get cancelled, no American show ever ends voluntarily after two and a half seasons. They might get axed, but if the shows numbers start growing, the producers aren't going to say, "Well, we should end now while we're in top form." Shows can make more money if they get syndicated and they generally don't do that with shows that don't at least hit the 100 episode mark. In Chuck's case, that would mean at least five seasons. I know in the DVD age, shows don't necessarily have to be played endlessly in reruns but having them air in reruns is still good business since more people can become aware of a show and potentially buy the DVDs. So how many seasons will Chuck last? Could be cancelled at the end of this year, maybe next. But if it doesn't get cancelled, they will keep making it probably at least five years, maybe more if the show finds an audience.

Dexterian

[12]Nov 20, 2008
    • level: 6
    I can't believe the show is doing as badly as everyone is saying! I thought it'd be doing fairly well.

Anyway, I think 4 or 5 seasons would be great. With the last season being where sarah and chuck live happily ever after together, while in the mean time keeping all this tension between them.

Kriger36

[13]Nov 20, 2008
    • level: 3
    I can see it going 3-4 seasons if the writers are very creative maybe 5. they just have to watch out for the show getting too repetitive. I'm hoping the numbers pick up so that we can for sure get at least a third season from Chuck. yes NBC is standing by the show and with heroes going down the drain pretty fast Chuck is really the only draw NBC has on Monday nights with a semi stable audience since Heroes is bleeding viewers pretty heavily. We will just have to wait and see I guess. Right now NBC is not advertising Chuck as much as it use to because its viewer base is pretty stable put expect pretty big ad campaign around superbowl time for the 3D episode.(also on a side note the fact that NBC chose Chuck as the show for the Superbowl 3D thing there doing shows the networks huge support of the show.) anyways as long as Chuck has an actual ending and isn't just ended without tying up all the loose ends, I'll be content...not happy but content.

lilweezer3

[14]Nov 23, 2008
    A third season is highly questionable at the moment. The ratings have been crappy this whole season. The show hasn't even broken 7 mil yet. Also its demo numbers are below NBC's average. Life, Knight Rider, Kath and Kim, Law and Order and Chuck all have crap ratings. I think Sunday Night Football skews NBC's demo numbers which is why their average is high. Also with the news of House moving to Mondays in January, any chance of Chuck increasing in viewers is buried, it probably will lose some. House being a juggernaut in viewers and demos along with the indestructable CBS comedies dominating the night, Chuck is left out in the cold. If ABC's reality show beats Chuck then we should probably savor these last few episodes of this highly underrated show.

Dexterian

[15]Nov 23, 2008
    Where can I see the ratings?

It makes me sad that the show is doing so poorly when it's such a good show!

Or is it best I don't see the ratings now? Haha.

lilweezer3

[16]Nov 23, 2008
    You can look at tvbythenumbers.com, they even have a handy renew/cancel index. I agree, the show has been so much better this season, but you can't be gone for almost 9 months and expect to comeback with high viewership. Especially for sophomore shows like Chuck, the strike really did damage, a lot of people just moved on.

Dexterian

[17]Nov 23, 2008
    Well I haven't moved on!

MORE CHUCK!

hrgaffney

[18]Nov 24, 2008
    • level: 51
    Well so do I. I love Chuck and am hoping for at least 2 more seasons.

Kriger36

[19]Nov 25, 2008
    NBC has alot of faith in Chuck so we might still get lucky and get a third season. also Chuck is doing badly yes but its still close to the renew/cancel line so with as poorly as other NBC shows are doing they might pick Chuck up for a third season. Nothing is final yet and there's still a long ways to go until May.

and3nlol

[20]Nov 25, 2008
    I reeeeeaaaally hope for at least 4-5 seasons. This is hands down the best show in my opinion.