Chuck Forums

NBC (ended 2012)

OMG SARAH ?!! Noooo

ltcomstella

[1]Jan 14, 2012
    • level: 18

For discussing what imo is the worst plot developement since morgan got the dodgy IST specs....

Seriously wtf people why put sarah through that kinda torture with options for a retcon ? freaking stupid with the end near.....

i'd of let them off with casey, cos he's totally about the guns and not much hand to hand and be a good way to show morgan growing and taking care of him...

but no they give it to sarah who's got so much to lose and we get a repeat of morgan....but with boobs..

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dougieee7

[2]Jan 14, 2012
    • level: 2
    Man... I give up, intersect for all it seems.

Stupid plot development

chaos_789

[3]Jan 14, 2012
    ya, I have no idea what the writters are thinking, it's like they are giving no effort on this final season. Shouldn't they be trying to make the final season the best, but instead the final season is the worst by far. Chuck should be the only one with the intersect, the show is supposed to be all about him and the intersect.

anyway, this season is kinda making me lose interest in the show, I don't like this season, and judging by all the comments, the fans don''t like it either. I will watch it until the end, but still.

NL-Cookie

[4]Jan 14, 2012
    • level: 8

A lot of people used to just die when trying to use the intersect, what happened to that. Even if I missed something I still find this the worst plot idea since Morgan got it, I did actually enjoy the episode up until that point..

CharmedOneP391

[5]Jan 14, 2012
    • level: 19

really? I found it to be an interesting idea. The promo for next week (SPOILERS*) showed that it's hurting Sarah like it used to hurt Chuck in season 3. So it's not meant to be permanent..it was the only choice she had left.

I would've rather seen Sarah have it at the beginning of the season instead of Morgan, because I would've liked to see the way her and Chuck acted when their roles were reversed.

I understand your guys' frustrations..I really wanted Chuck to get the Intersect back..but I still think that may happen. IMO they should've kept Shaw's return for the Series Finale. But...there's only 2 episodes remaining...enjoy it while it's still here. RIP Chuck 07-12

Canada_Michael

[6]Jan 15, 2012
    • level: 10

If they play it that the intersect is hurting her but she won't get rid of it until they rescue Chuck then I'm OK with it. I'd rather they'd not play the intersect card again though & don't want to see a Morgan 2.0. I can see a situation where Sarah is really hurting, they rescue Chuck & then when she wants to erase the intersect it doesn't work.

DresserBoys

[7]Jan 15, 2012

This could have potential. Has a Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 6 feels when Buffy vs Willow... I see episode 12 title and I'm interested.

Sarah with the intersect is weird. Thinking back to the pilot when Chuck first flash on her we saw how deadly Sarah was and then season 3 when they when to the cabin to save Stephen B. and he was watching Sarah take down the bad guys he looks at Chuck and says "Does she have an intersect too?" Chuck replies with "No, That's all her."

But I'm staying till the end.

Ambaryerno

[8]Jan 15, 2012

I have to disagree, lt. I think it says a LOT about her character. She wants to quit, but Chuck is so important to her, she loves him so much, that she's willing to throw away what she wants to save his life. I think it was very well handled, and will be VERY interesting to see how it all plays out.

Bree

[9]Jan 16, 2012
    NL-Cookie wrote:

A lot of people used to just die when trying to use the intersect, what happened to that. Even if I missed something I still find this the worst plot idea since Morgan got it, I did actually enjoy the episode up until that point..

I agree, the whole point was that Chucks brain was OH-so-special and sorry, kind of doubt that about Sarahs Casey would have been great. And hated to Morgan-episodes, they were the worst ep this far in the whole series...

kanniballl

[10]Jan 16, 2012

NL-Cookie wrote:

That was my question with Morgan.

That they made a big deal that special candidates had to be found. Like I thought those 2 assassins last season had to be screened to find Intersect candidates. Fulcrum screened via those tests. And psychological + brain screening for the "new Chuck Bartowski" were also done.

But Morgan just "got" it.

My thought WAS that the watch mellowed things out... and that anyone would need a watch but certain people (like Chuck) could get away without a watch for a while.

But I don't recall a throw-a-way line about them giving Morgan a watch.

Ambaryerno

[11]Jan 16, 2012

They probably felt like they didn't need to. Remember, no mention of the Governor was made at ALL during Season 4 (except for one scene in 4x01 where they show Chuck putting a watch on, and they never EXPLICITLY stated thatwas a Governor, anyway). I just took it as being understood that Chuck gave Morgan his Governor once the Intersect got uploaded (and even then it didn't protect him from sabotage).

Also, we already know from the previews that Sarah experiences the same problemsChuck did at the end of Season 3. And she suffers them a LOT sooner than Chuck did, so it's clear her brain isn't tolerating it. My theory is that since Chuck is already in enemy hands, Sarah heads off to rescue him immediately and doesn't take the time to retrieve one of Chuck's spare watches from home. Because she's not a proper Intersect candidate she begins suffering the negative effects almost immediately.

As for other cases:

The intended Intersect agents blown up with Graham may have been selectively screened, the long-term effects were unknown. It's possible they would have eventually suffered the same breakdown as Chuck did.

Fulcrum may not have been aware of the long-term effects of the Intersect, either. After they got it to stop INSTANTLY frying peoples' brains they thought they had the kinks worked out.

Stephen was clearly aware of long-term effects and had already built his Governor. However it's probable that not all of his quirks were the result ofthe masquerade he put up to disguise himself from pursuitand he did suffer some real permanent damage before he realized the problem.

Manoosh in Nacho Sampler was unaffected because A) his Intersect wasnotpermanently stored in the brain, but through an external sourceand B) lack of extended use.

Shaw recognized the need for the Governor immediately, that much is certain. It's possible that he just didn't use it enough before stealing Chuck'sto begin experiencing damage.

The GRETAS may have already had Governorsmanufactured by the government to protect them (probably engineered from files recovered from Stephen's laptop).

Volkoff's personality is probably derived froma combination of factors: 1) The implanted Volkoff persona. 2) Hartley's underlying personality breaking through at times. 3) Permanent damage from the Intersect. Additionally, Volkoff's Intersect seemed functionally different than any other version revealed on the show (while the GRETA and Morgan Intersects definitely altered their personalities, Volkoff's seemed to be dedicated SOLELY to permanent implantation of false memories and personality, rather than quick-access intelligence and skillsstorage). Perhaps the fact that Volkoff's Intersect was passive, rather than actively calling up information, mitigated the damage somewhat.

CharmedOneP391

[12]Jan 16, 2012
    • level: 19

I thought that Ellie fixed The remaining Intersect that her dad left her in the mustang that was on the laptop. I would assume thats why no one needs the governor and we do see in the previews that it hurts her.

Edited on 01/16/2012 2:12pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Canada_Michael

[13]Jan 16, 2012

That's what I thought as well, the intersect was cleaned up so a person didn't have to wear the watch. Chuck's brain is still special, since almost everyone else who tries it has problems. They can load it into their brain but eventually it will hurt them.

Ambaryerno

[14]Jan 17, 2012

They never really said WHAT, exactly, Ellie did with the Intersect. That she described her father's approach as attempting to force the brain to store data like a computer seems to imply that was the root cause of the overheat problems, but it's still rather vague what exactly she did.

And keep in mind that the GRETA Intersects INTENTIONALLY altered their personalities to make them colder and more ruthless, it wasn't an accidental byproduct.

ltcomstella

[15]Jan 17, 2012

there was a comment from elle about her work on the IST she said something like ' my father assumed the human brain works like a computer but it isn't / doesn't work like that'

so she worked on the ist from a different angle and so made it better for chuck.. hence not needing the guvner

as for the ist that sarah and morgan got they are designed to kill morgan got v1.0 and sarah gets v2.0 as she is seemingly becoming ill very quickly....

these 'trojan glasses' where meant for chuck to use and die from them...

now why quinn had them but just casually held them with out a care in the world was pretty stupid...

beckman needs to wipe sarah asap ! if she looses her memory and forgets chuck i'll probably scream these forums down till they crash....

Ambaryerno

[16]Jan 18, 2012

There's nothing that says this Intersect was specifically intended to kill its user other than the preview for next week's episode, and I think that's just being overly dramatic for marketing purposes. Quinn wanted those glasses for his OWN use, and I highly doubt he's so stupid as to upload himself with an Intersect that is designed by intent to kill the host.

Canada_Michael

[17]Jan 18, 2012
    ltcomstella wrote:

there was a comment from elle about her work on the IST she said something like ' my father assumed the human brain works like a computer but it isn't / doesn't work like that'

so she worked on the ist from a different angle and so made it better for chuck.. hence not needing the guvner

as for the ist that sarah and morgan got they are designed to kill morgan got v1.0 and sarah gets v2.0 as she is seemingly becoming ill very quickly....

these 'trojan glasses' where meant for chuck to use and die from them...

now why quinn had them but just casually held them with out a care in the world was pretty stupid...

beckman needs to wipe sarah asap ! if she looses her memory and forgets chuck i'll probably scream these forums down till they crash....

Now that you mention it I recall they thought the glasses were a gift from Beckman for Chuck but they weren't. It makes sense that Sarah got a similarly infected intersect. Quinn probably wants the intersect to try and remove the modifications/infection, or he doesn't know about them.

ltcomstella

[18]Jan 18, 2012

quinn saying he was the original intended user of the 'ist' till bryce stole it and sent to chuck is interesting..

so does he know they are flawed ? was decker deliberatly giving him the dodgy pair as a fail safe ? (how else could he get them?)

if he knew they are dangerous was he tempting others to try and get them like a trap to capture / control ?

yes i saw the preview but still...

CrazyAsian1080

[19]Jan 29, 2012
    • level: 7

When Sarah was losing her memories that was just heartbreaking. Because you care about Sarah and Chuck and their relationship it's just torture watching that happen to her and realizing what it means. People that thought it was stupid, here is my question for you. Do you think it's stupid because you don't want to see a reset on Chuck and Sarah? If so, do you just want a show where Team gets a mission, they do stuff, Chuck Flashes, action scene, they save the day... Because without all these trials and tribulations that's basically what you are asking for, just some run of the mill procedure where the same thing happens every week.

Canada_Michael

[20]Jan 29, 2012

It's not about happy endings or sad endings for me the finale was just bad. Chuck all of a sudden reverted to the bumbling spy he was in earlier seasons, really he fires a warning shot into the air & shoots down Casey's helicopter !! Sarah turns into an unquestioning robot willing to believe everything Quinn tells her, even though she's lost a big part of her memory. In the bullet train episode they made a homemade device that they were going to have Sarah use to wipe the Intersect, if they can do that why can't they use the same device to put information into her brain? Casey turned into a robot & when he did snap out of it his goodbye was practically emotionless. Isn't he the one who constantly told Morgan to watch his step with Alex but now he's alright with Alex moving in with him.