Chuck Forums

NBC (ended 2012)

The Chuck Fan Intersect

jimedfrost

[1]Mar 18, 2011
    • level: 6

Okay Here's the game

1. State how you became a chuck fan (Started when the show premiered , started watching just for the heck of it ect.)

2. Tell us the first episode you saw.

3. Tell us what made you want to keep watching from that first episode

4. State your favorite character, and why

5. Tell us what you would do if there was an Intersect in your head (Defend against Evil, Rule With an Iron Fist that kind of stuff)

6. Tell us if you catch the show Online or on TV.

7. And if you do catch it online do you do so because another show you love is on at the same time? (House, How I met your mother an ABC show ect.)

8. Do you think the show should have ended after season three or should go on for another several seasons?

9. What do you think the odds are of the show returning next season?(contributed by skhplbliss, thank you.)

10. If you could change one thing about the show what would it be?(skhplbliss)

I'll post averages of the viewpoints of the fans as the intersect begins to increase in size.

So lets get started.

If you think of more to add you are free to do so. The sames goes for repetitive questions just type in the number of the question and say "remove" And I'll remove it.

Edited on 03/19/2011 7:37pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

skhplbliss

[2]Mar 18, 2011
    • level: 9
    1) I loved Adam Bladwin as Jayne in Firefly and heard he was going to be in Chuck and figured I'd give it a shot
    2) The first episode
    3) I loved the characters and the novelty of the show. It was like the Pink Panther meets the spy world: some bungling buffoon is presented with a pretty big problem and against all probability and his own ineptitude manages to solve it. Yvonne Strahovski was also a pretty fantastic reason.
    4) Casey. I've always been a huge Adam Baldwin fan and the fact that he can be so expressive with his grunts is rather remarkable. I also love his awkward and infrequent bouts of insight.
    5)I'd probably turn into a kind of uber-mercenary. I'd hate to work for a rule-bound organization like the CIA, and I'd never want to directly work for an evil organization.
    6) It depends on the episode. If I don't have any work to do then I will watch Chuck when it airs on TV. If I can't, which is most weeks, I'll watch it on NBC.com.
    7) I love House, but Chuck's my number one show on TV right now. No contest.
    I believe in this show. It started off this season to kind of a rocky beginning but it's settled back pretty nicely into the old Chuck I know and love. There's comedy, romance, action, and goofy spy antics. A good idea for a question would be: If you could change one thing about the show, what would it be?
    I'd say that I feel it's almost criminal how under-utilized the secondary characters (Ellie, Awesome, Jeffster, Big Mike) are on the show. Obviously there are many reasons as to why they do not get more showtime but I'd really love to see more of them than sporadic episode.

Another possible question is: What do you think the odds are of the show continuing past this season?
    I'd say I'm fairly confident about its chances. The cast and creators of Chuck are certainly showing more optimism than they did last year, and NBC had an even worse year in terms of ratings than last year. Chuck has not dipped that much ratings-wise since last season so I'd say, in the words of Adam Baldwin, "I feel cautiously optimistic. Until you hear the go sign, I just remain cautiously optimistic."

mzjango

[3]Mar 19, 2011
    • level: 6
    Good points Skhplbliss, now me, now meee! 1. State how you became a chuck fan

About two years ago when season two was on tv here in the UK, i spotted an ad/trailer on virgin one, it was for 'chuck vs the breakup' and had Sarah in her "salmon" colour dress dancing with bryce, that and a few other comical scenes - but anyway, i thought daaaaing who is that? shes hot!! Anyway following that somehow chuck came up in a conversation with a friend, she said chuck was awesome and i just had to watch it! So i downloaded the first season (guilty) - and i've been hooked ever since. Right from the word go though it wasnt just Sarah that sold it for me, it was just so entertaining in every way - the mix of comedey, action and hot chicks was just great! I also got really excited seeing Adam Baldwin, didnt know his name then but i knew him as Animal Mother from FMJ and the secret service guy from independance day!

2. Tell us the first episode you saw.

First full episode.. i guess the pilot when i downloaded S1!

3. Tell us what made you want to keep watching from that first episode

It was all just really entertaining, the first scene with bryce was like something out of 24, it was so funny with chuck seeing the first signs of the intersect, the refferences to gaming, the Music tracks, Sarah, Casey - the lot - loved it!

4. State your favorite character, and why

Tough choice between Chuck, Sarah and Casey - but gonna have to go with Sarah, i love how much character development since S1 we have seen in her, and not only that, Yvonne is such a talented actress, dont often see someone so gorgeous but seem like a lovely person irl, very down to earth (from various interviews etc). I was shocked to find out she was an aussie when i first looked in to her, she gives such a convincing performance as Sarah, i just assumed she was American - thats a tribute to her talent

5. Tell us what you would do if there was an Intersect in your head

Get myself into as many Jack Bauer'ish kind of situations as possible - 1x Masada ACR, 120 rounds of 5.56, USP compact, 3 extra clips of 9mm, various other tactical gear and BoooM! find me some baddies!

6. Tell us if you catch the show Online or on TV.

Here in the UK it takes about half a year for new seasons to start up, so i kinda torrent the 720p episodes - im not proud of this, but as a non US citizen there aint much i can do to contribute towards ratings!

7. And if you do catch it online do you do so because another show you love is on at the same time? Not really like i said above - i do watch a few other series at the moment, the event, nikita.. not a scratch on chuck tbh - bummed out that 24 is not around anymore; the only show that sort of came close to the level of enjoyment i get from chuck.

8. Do you think the show should have ended after season three or should go on for another several seasons?

No way, why end at S3 - i have really enjoyed S4 so far and i love the development of Chuck and Sarah and really wanna see them married, and after that many more episodes as hubby n wifey lol

Chuck! oh Yesh!

apjccjqa

[4]Mar 21, 2011
    • level: 9

1. Was lent season 1 by a coworker who said good things about it. I had only seen an episode or two before then, but hadn't gotten into it.

2. The episode where the ring infiltrates the buy more posing as buyers, shaw and sarah are sent on a wild goose chase, and morgan finds out about chuck. I know, a gamechanger huh?

3. I enjoyed what I saw, and heard good things, so I borrowed season 1 from a friend. I got addicted from there.

4. Sarah is hot, Casey is awesome, the buy more crew are great..but the best dynamic is chuck+morgan geekyness, and it always has been. Chuck has to be my favorite character if I had to pick one, but the two of them together form the best part of the show imo.

5. Beat every shooting game ever (starting with duck hunt...)

6. On TV if I'm home, if I'm out at dinner or still at work then I watch online or DVR.

7.Only if I am not at home/busy when it airs do I watch online/dvr

8. I thought the first half of season 4 wasn't too great, with only a couple good episodes. I think it's been rock solid since the episode where they caught volkoff. If they can keep up the good storytelling that they've started, it should keep rolling!

9. Pretty good, I think. You could do worse than a show that has a solid following and is easy for a casual tv watcher to sit down and enjoy. not killer numbers, sure, but solid. I don't think it gets a season 6 unless it kills it in 5, though.

10. Less proposal crap! Oh wait, they did cut back on that. And brought in a few throwback standalone episodes with some past characters. And made an enemy personal to chuck like shaw was, instead of just a name like daddy volkoff was. I think they're on a good track. That said.. more morgan + chuck hanging out/playing video games scenes!