Chuck

Pilot

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Sep 24, 2007 on NBC

• The Nerd Herds very own Chuck Bartowski is in for a life of excitement when government secrets become locked in his brain.

I must admit I had never thought much of this programme when it was on, but I should never trust just what I see in trailers as they can often disappoint. I was amazed by how different the show is and there is never a dull, uninteresting moment. Chuck (Charles Bartowski) lives with his sister and her boyfriend in L.A. On his birthday he receives an email from an old buddy, Bryce Larkin, an agent for the CIA who's dying moments was to send Chuck the governments secrets via subliminal messages within pictures. Unfortunately for Chuck he views all this information and gets random flashes of information after seeing something to trigger them. Now the CIA and NSA are after him and he must team up with them and help them do their jobs while they protect him from all others who desire what he knows. Chuck is clearly a man who is not into danger and freaks out a lot, which makes the character all the more interesting to have as the lead, because he would constantly be in some sort of dangerous situation, and somehow manage to cope with that side of his life and also not letting his family know what is going on. I love the moment in the car chase when they go down some stairs in the nerd herd car and pass some kids who reply "woah computer emergency". Overall it had been an incredibly interesting pilot to the series, certainly showing that it won't be a disappointment. It becomes slightly addictive when you need to know what's going to happen and whether Chuck will ever get out of the situation, which clearly won't happen.