Chuck

NBC (ended 2012)

w4u

Chuck Fan Reviews page 11 of 14

• Chuck Bartowski, is a nerdy geeky computer technician that works for Buy More. With his brain full of government secrets, he's a geeky spy for his country when not at his usual job.

Chuck Bartowski, is a nerdy geeky computer technician that works for Buy More. He is content on being just this and wallowing in self-pity as he recalls himself for beig wrongly thrown out of Stanford for cheating, thus, he had his life ruined, acedemically, financially and personally. This all changes when the night of his birthday, he opens an email from his former room mate at Stanford, that when opens displays thousands of images, which is a database of government secrets, which is visually downloaded into his brain.

He is then "babysat" by John Casey (NSA) and Sarah (CIA) who don't want the nations secrets being used or lost, so both are tasked with guarding and looking after him, but in a low key situation so that Chuck can go about his day to day life.

The secrets in his brain re-emerge when he sees things that relate to the images in his brain, which of course lead the team on mini missions.
  • Chuck

Airs Next: NBC at Monday 8:00 PM (60 min.) Status: Returning Series Premiered: September 24, 2007 Show Categories: Comedy, Action/Adventure The O.C. creator Josh Schwartz and director McG (We Are Marshall) bring us Chuck, a new series laced with humor about young twenty-something spies.

Zachary Levi (Less Than Perfect) plays Chuck Bartowski, a nerdy computer tech who has a database of government secrets downloaded into his brain. Chuck soon finds himself recruited by John Casey (Adam Baldwin), a veteran NSA Agent, for espionage work with his new partner (and first date in ten years) Sarah (Yvonne Strahovski) - leading Chuck to live a split life of computer geek and secret NSA missions
  • It's a little unrealistic but that doesn't deminish it's charms.

7.8
    Zachary Levi as Chuck is hilarious with a capital H. He has a honest quirky charm that just makes you love him more and more with each episode. He's not afraid to be dorky as nerd herder Chuck but he's endearing in his own right to. He's just the perfect unlikely hero. And his supporting cast is a blast to watch as well. Sarah is sexy, smart and talented but you don't hate her for and she can kick serious butt too. Yvonne's chemistry with Zachary is spot on and very natural, I love watching their scenes together. Casey, Ellie, Morgan, the rest of the Buy-more crew and the other supporting players all make for an odd group that I just love to watch. The cast seriously makes this show and the writing just firs perfectly with the premise. And I for one can not wait for Chuck to return next season I have a feeling we only have more good things to come from this freshman series.
  • A computer geek named Chuck accedentally downloads government secrets into his brain. A must watch televion show and one of my favorites.

This is my 2nd favorite series of all time. All of the episodes were good, but some were so great it was just awesome. The storyline is that a nerd herder at a Buy More accedentally downloads a ton of government secrets into his brain. The main character is Chuck, a computer geek who downloaded the secrets into his brain. There is John Casey, a NSA agent sent to capture Chuck and later goes undercover as a Buy More employie. There is Sarah Walker, a CIA agent sent to capture Chuck as well and later goes undercover as Chuck's girlfreind. There is Morgan, Chuck's best freind and another employie at the Buy More. Chuck also has a sister, Ellie, who is a docter. There is Bryce Larkin, A rogue CIA agent who dies sending Chuck the government secrets. There are other employs at the Buy More and a few other agents are introduced.One of my complaints is that some parts are to unrealistic, but it is still a great show.
  • Outstanding show. Chuck is one of my top weekly shows now. Hopefully others agree with me that this show is not boring and has a little spice of adventure for all.

Chuck is a great show. Lots of adventure, chaos, family situations, frienships and love interests are all included in this superb show. Can't wait to see new shows. I just hope they don't move it around in the weekly lineup so much that I lose the day and time it is on. I especially like the bond between Chuck and his sister, they are so genuine. I like to see Chuck working all nighters fixing computers which is his real job. I hope this show stays on for many seasons to come. The two original spies should also stay on the show. They work so well together and also with Chuck.
  • When a twenty-something computer geek inadvertently downloads critical government secrets into his brain, his former college friend turned CIA recruits him as a secret agent, all while keeping him out of evil hands.

Everyday superheroes are, of course, a recurring TV fantasy, but seldom has the genre shown as much pluck as Chuck, and seldom has it found a more agreeable hero than Zachary Levi. Best known for his stint as a snot on Less Than Perfect, Levi needs only a few minutes here to convince you of his wider range and lay claim on breakout stardom.
    Like most heroes-in-waiting, Chuck is an underachiever, a computer genius who heads the "nerd herd" at a discount store. His life changes when the same friend who got him kicked out of college sends him a super-spam e-mail, which zaps all the secrets of the CIA into his brain.Chuck
    * * * 1/2 (out of four)
    NBC, Monday, 8 ET/PT
    If dork dominance gives us more shows like Chuck, then more power to them.
    Created by Chris Fedak and The OC's Josh Schwartz, this lighthearted, easy-to-like adventure leads a parade of up Chuck's pre-agent world, including dweeby friend Morgan (Joshua Gomez), loving sister Ellie (Sarah Lancaster) and Ellie's super-cool boyfriend, whom Chuck calls "Captain Awesome" (Ryan McPartlin). The next episode moves Casey and Sarah into Chuck's world and sets up the show's rules, including the explanation for why Chuck gets to play agent. The third episode sends Chuck on his first mission.
    As Chuck's main agent-ally, Strahovski adroitly walks the line between using Chuck and liking him, while adding to TV's growing stable of strong female heroes. As he did in Serenity, Baldwin puts an amusing, sarcastic twist on what could have been a stereotypical tough-guy dunderhead. Lancaster completes an excellent support system, making us see a better Chuck through her eyes.
    Still, the show rides on Levi, who has to convince us that Chuck would and could do these things. With an infectious grin and a gift for knowing when to push a moment and when to hang back, Levi makes the most of even the silliest contrivances, as when Chuck tries to tango, only to discover that Captain Awesome taught him the girl's part.
    Could he save the world? Doubtful. But he may rescue an otherwise dreary new season.
    And that's a power to envy.
  • Great Laughter...

For months I've been bored with no more Prison Break Until September.

But I found a new best friend, It was recommended to me by a few friends and they said you will love it and it hasnt disapointed me so far I've so far seen 4 Episodes.

Chuck Bartowski is twenty-something computer geek who lives his Sister and 'Macho Man' Boyfriend and works in the Buy More Store with his best buddy 'Morgan'

Chuck Inadvertently downloads critical government secrets into his brain through his old pal Bryce a former college friend turned CIA.

Chuck experiences flashes of Information from his brain by certain subliminal triggers, he must use the knowledge he now possesses to help the government stop assassins and international terrorists. Agent Casey (His Cover up is working with Chuck) and Sarah Walker (Poses has his girlfriend and works opposite Buy More) to are there to establish an uneasy alliance and secret Identities.
  • Really Funny

Who thought about this? It was really great. It was a mixture of funny, exciting and action. Really counting on the upcoming episodes. Really love sarah. Wow, what can i say about her character. Sexy to say the least. Funny but with a little scary drak side I guess. I really hope to see a lot of Katrina the one in episode 4. She's the one will give sarah a run for her money. More involvement by her sister ellie in the future will prove very interesting. Anyways, overall I give it a two thumbs up. This is what series keep me up.
  • Great, funny show and I can't wait for the next season.

The first season of Chuck blew my mind with it's great cast, great characters. Chuck who feels so out of place trying to be a spy with an intersect in his head, Casey with the great fight scenes that make you laugh, Sarah with the awkward moments when she's with Chuck and Morgan doing the weirdest and funniest things.
    It's got everything you want in a TV show, It's got comedy, fight scenes, hot woman, awkward moments and story twists everything to keep you happy. Honestly it's one of the most original and amazing shows I've ever watched. I can't wait for more Chuck when season 2 arrives.
  • A new shade of creativity in the era of spy operas.

After figuring out what it is based on, going on will be a pleasure you cannot do without. Intelligently thought story base with a bunch of exciting and new breed of actors and actresses, fun is not the only thing that it gives to me. Levi, Strahovski, Baldwin, Lancaster and of course Gomez match with their charecters so well making the show a must watch! Levi has a charecter I somewhat really find very close to myself. A cool and handsome guy who knows about tech stuff! He is the wildest dream of many girls nowadays. And I envy Harry Tang, he is my idol!
  • This show is extremly funny, well worth watching for an hour every week.

Josh Schwartz, McG, and the entire writing staff of this show...they are all genius!

The dialogue is written in a way and the actors say their lines in a way where it seems so unscripted, it is so off the wall. It truly is such a great show that you can't miss.

Every single role is so well casted, every character is created with such originality. The show is equally serious as it is comedic and full of action.

Also, you'll catch so many references to American Popular Culture it is hard to keep track. Some are easily noticeable, others only for the pop culture buffs.

If you check out "Chuck" you won't be disappointed.
  • I cant wait for the second season. It will be brilliant.

Thought the first season is amazing, cant wait for the second season to start. All the characters are brilliant when will chuck and sarah get together. Awesome is just that. Morgan, if a decent series didn't have someone like morgan then it would be well boring. casey hes a lean mean killing machine. NOT!! hes really a puppy dog!! Sarah, OH MY GOD. need i say anymore, brilliant actress excellent character. Sarah was written for Yvonne to play. Bringing bryce back was never seen, but was an absolutely brilliant little twist. Not even i saw coming (other than reading the episode previous)
  • Nothing gets better than "Chuck"

This is definatly the best tv series that I have ever watched. The plots are superb and the characters are nothing short of amazing, and the actors really suit the roles of the characters. I am hooked watching chuck, and I really hope that they continue to make more episodes and series' of it. It's so good I have watched if three days straight! Never watched so muc TV before in my life!
    Trust me, before you go and watch Lost, Heroes or Prison Break, make sure you check out "Chuck" first. You will NOT be dissapointed. I can promise you that.
  • A very funny show with a light hearted feel but not at the expense of the serious situations and the drama which at times ARE very tense and tear jerkingly emotional.

The basic premise of the show may not be all that 'new' but it is the way CHUCK handles its story which makes it good.
    It is funny but not unintentionally. It is silly but because it wants to be.
    AND lastly,
    It is serious and very smart, clearing proving that good writing, polished production and interesting characters played by good actors n actresses make a good show.
    Chuck is literally one of those shows that has gotten more things right than wrong and a show that definitely knows where it is going and how it wants to go there.

Drama and comedy loving audiences should definitely give this a try but for the spy and action lovers, this is easily a must watch.
  • The main character is awesome, the writing is superb!

Another show in a long list that I have started watching while in Iraq.

I have to say that the number one thing that keeps me watching this show is the main character's dialog. While all the other characters perform they lines perfectly, Chuck does his in a way that does not seem scripted at all.

I especially love when Chuck gets caught in the middle of a spy confrontation. Everyone is busy doing their spy thing while Chuck is just trying to understand what is going on and not get killed.

I love this show and I can only hope that it can stay successful so that the greedy pot-bellied network execs don't cancel it.
  • Good to see a good show on t.v

Call me crazy call me silly.
    But i sit and watch this t.v show for two reason it has a co star of firefly in this show and theres hot girls need more to say.

This show has hot girls who fights and are smart and are not bad actors. I have seen many shows where they try to stick a couple hot girls in a show but they bomb badly.

Now this show does great in the acting part and is able to keep things simple for the watchers so they don't feel like they have to be smart or anything.

Another good thing about this is you don't have to watch the whole series to get it you can start watching in the end and still pick up whats happening whats the story line about.

One nit pick about this show is the fighting it kinda looks like puppets on the strings i would like to see better fighting sequence but for what the show gives out i guess it isn't to bad in the end.

If your looking for a show with action nerds sci fi romance you should be looking into this show. Its one of those shows people will be talking about in five or ten years. You can't really go wrong with this show.
  • Chuck Bartowski Buy More Employee and all around super spy?? Okay maybe not a super spy but awesome any way.

I got excited about this show the moment that I saw the previews for it. I'm a James Bond and all around spy fan, so when they actually make a FUNNY version of it with witty scripts, amazing and believable characters and great acting makes Chuck one of the greatest shows this season. I can say enough good things about this show. I love watching shows with new actors that are fresh onto the scene, they seem to want this more then any veteran actors out there.

Chuck and his best friend Morgan and CIA spy Casey are thee three stooges of our generation. Mixing everything from funny, to sad to hilarious and beyond. They chemistry that they have is something that just seems natural as a neddler in Halo

The woman of Chuck have more then just a background role, they seem to live and be these characters that they play.

Chuck is by far my personal favorite for all of tv history.
  • This show is a complete mixture of fantastic nerdy references that combine with super-spyness to make one awesome show!

I think that someone designed this show specifically for me: a Star Wars loving computer guy. It is chock full of references to some of the best genre things around like: Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, Gears of War, Call of Duty 4, Dune, etc. When you combine that with just an average dude getting super computer powers in his brain and forced to team up with an absolutely gorgeous (not to mention AWESOME) super-spy, you end up with a show that most people can relate very well to and can enjoy the humor in.

I find myself laughing harder and smiling bigger when watching this show than any other in recent memory. It succeeds at walking the line between slap-stick and serious, and I don't want to miss a second!
  • Keep watching, you'll be surprised.

I caught the first few episodes of Chuck and found myself rather amused. But it was more something I kept on in the background, rather than paid 100% attention to it. I reviewed it as a decent show but I didn't know how I felt about it, my first rating of the show was about an 8. I gave up on the show and wasn't going to come back.

But then again there are other forces controlling my life. The producer of an audio drama I work for loved Chuck so when I got the chance to check it out again I fell madly in love with the characters and the plot. It's been so well crafted, and it builds so even if you aren't hooked right away give it time, you may well be. I love the light-hearted way they deal with spy stuff as well as the office politics of working in a Best-Buy-type store. The combination of save the world drama with every day comedy blends so well, that is one of the marks of a truly good show. I don't think it will evr hold position as one of the best shows ever, but it's good, better than a lot of th other junk on TV.
  • A new twist on a spy television show!

Chuck is one of those shows that I really got into from the first episode. Chuck is the reluctant hero who gets thrust into a life of espionage because of the contents of an email. He nervously works through each new event in his life and he is not very graceful when doing so. I like this aspect; it is nice to see a spy that is not perfect.

The storylines are very unique, each relating to a particular part of what Chuck saw. They keep each episode fresh by balancing Chuck's life in the "Nerd Herd" and his new night life as a spy. His is constantly followed by the FBI and CIA who each have someone guarding him. With the amount of information that was in the initial email, I can see this show continuing for several years (hopefully).
  • Chuck is a show about an underachiever who fate manhandles by downloading all the CIA/NSA secrets into his brain, forcing him into the life of a civillian "spy". A very funny show with some standout performances.

This show is awesome! Mr. Levi as chuck is multi-talented and somewhat D. Van Dyke in skill set. The music is addictive, the humor fresh...and the action is entertaining. Adam Baldwin of Firefly fame is John Casey The murderous NSA agent slow won over by chuck. Firefly fans will realise that the writers of this show are browncoats too for all the Jayne references. This show suffered do to the writers strike, but returns in its hiatus by being rebroadcast on Scifi on fridays. This is a must see show. Every episode develops these characters more and more. This is a show us geeks can huddle around and dissect for days.
  • Spy shows are far and few when it comes to getting renewals; however, Chuck is one of those shows that can get it for not being too serious on its own part.

As I said before, spy shows rarely succeed on network television. Few examples exist, such as Alias, but none really go mainstream. Chuck is quite the exception. After watching this season, I realized that this is a spy show that also crosses boundaries. It reaches into other categories; which adds to its survival chances. All the roles are well casted; and, each character is crafted with the right amount of originality, homages, and uniqueness. The development of characters is another accomplishment, as each episode has small changes to each character and their scope also grows. The story lines are both serious and comedic; without losing any importance of either. The show is both serialized and standalone. Watch it to see the progression of the overarching story arc, or enjoy an episode long spy mission. Chuck is one of those shows that has a dualistic nature with a durable cast and filled with hope. It's my favorite new show of this awfully short television season; so, take a watch and get a laugh and/or a thrill.
  • When I first heard about the Computer Nerd who becomes a special agent I thought, "Good another Jake 2.0!" Then I rented the NBC fall preview disc at Blockbuster.

I saw this before it originally aired on NBC as part of the blockbuster NBC fall preview DVD along with Life, Journeyman, and a 2 minute Bionic Woman preview. Chuck Bartowski a college washout lives with his sister Ellie and her boyfriend Captain Awesome. He absorbs a secret database of intelligence secrets from a joint NSA/CIA database sent to him from an estranged former friend named Bryce Larkin. He meets CIA agent John Casey and NSA Agent Sarah Walker who protect him from those who want to learn their secrets. Chuck and his friend Morgan grimes work at the Buy More along with an under cover Casey, while Sarah works at a local fast food joint. Now Chuck saves the free world...at eleven bucks an hour.
  • A computer geek gets his life turned around when he downloads a super computer into his brain. What's not to like?

This show is laugh-out-loud funny, and the humor is original, tasteful, and smart. The lead character, Chuck, is so easy to identify with and he alone makes the show worth watching every week, with the other characters just as interesting. The main draw of Chuck is the comedy. It's just so funny. The plot itself is action packed, but not so much as 24; it is suspenseful, but not so much as Lost; it is romantic, but not so much as Grey's Anatomy. rather, it is an easy, fun show to watch, and very easy to get addicted to. Go Chuck!
  • Mild-mannered nerd becomes super-spy. Who'd have thought that it would be good?

Confession time: I had thought that the ads for Chuck seemed so lame that I was not going to bother with it. I mean, really, it looked stupid, and I mean Caveman stupid. So I decided to tune in for the last couple secs before Heroes, and never worry about a show I was certain would not last the season.

A couple of weeks ago, I fell victim to a bought of laziness. I was awaiting a show on a satellite channel, and they had some reruns of Chuck on before the show I was waiting for. I did not feel like changing the channel, so I decided "Ah, a half hour shouldn't be too painful. Besides, now I can justify my disdain for this inferior show."

I can be such a moron at times.

The show was fantastic. I laughed alot, and the characters were very endearing. The stories (I ended up watching a double-header) were fun and enjoyable. While it helps to have gotten into the show at the beginning, one is able to get caught up fairly quickly by watching a few episodes. Overall, it was a decent show that has a ton of potential. If you are like me and thought this show to be little more than cannon fodder, give it a chance. You might be pleasantly surprised.
  • A really good show.

Ok well I started watching Chuck around the second episode and that was really cool. I liked how Its a comedy but also has a lot of action. Man, Sarah is so hot, shes one of the things I like about the show. also Zack´s character, Chuck is really good. I especially liked the last few episodes. I would recommend this show to anyone that likes comedy action adventure sort of stuff, like rush hour. About a regular guy that gets mixed in with some wrong stuff and he now has a lot of CIA type of info and you know its cool. LIke the series a lot.
  • Hooked!

Every moment of this show is hilarious. It feels likes it has been at least a season, when its been about only a dozen episodes because they make every episode so packed with different twists and turns, chemistry between characters AND action! Every time I watch an episode I say to myself "How the heck did they come up with this?" It's amazing! I love all the actors and characters the writers have created. The show has been a little influential also, every time I go into Best Buy or Future shop I'm looking out for bugs(no, not the animal kind) and suspicious-looking people. Hehe, it's not as stupid as it sounds.
  • Another spy's show? Not... exactly.

First time I heard about this show I didn't give it much credit but I decided to watch the premiere out of curiosity and as it turned out it was a really fun hour. I kept watching it and liked it even more every week. Chuck is like a joke about the elegant and high tech spy world we see on TV a lot. What happens when we put a nerd in the middle of this world? How he manages to be a spy without having a clue how to do it? Chuck, the character, is sweet and fun and brave in his own way and I just want to know what happens next with this guy. Hope the strike doesn't affect this show.
  • The show is centered around Chuck Bartowski a normal every day Tech support guy. His ex college roommate sends him a email that brainwashes him and poof he has all kinds of secrets in his head. A hot spy is now assigned to protect him.

This show is so great on so many levels. It adds to the shows that are showing nerds some love right now. (I guess modern media is calling them Geeks). I am sure real life Tech support guys relate to him, he even comes equipped with a funny looking little car, just like in real life. It nicely combines Techies, romance, humor and international espionage...who knew they would work together.

The show moves along nicely with plenty of silly humor especially from Chuck's sidekick Morgan.

The writers do a great job of throwing little extra story lines with co-workers and family.

There is the possible romantic tension of Chuck and his protecting agent Sarah, but I hope the writers do not make the payoff too far away or too back and forth.

Its kind of like Revenge of the Nerds meets James Bond.
  • I really like the show because it reminds some of the old Get Smart that I watched when I was a kid. Yes I am really old! I hope they dont make the sub plot to deep with the relationships. Keep it simple and funny.

I really like the show because it reminds some of the old Get Smart show that I watched when I was a kid. Yes I am really really old! I hope they dont make the sub plot to deep with the relationships between. Keep it simple and funny. I really like the show because it reminds some of the old Get Smart that I watched when I was a kid. Yes I am really old! I hope they dont make the sub plot to deep with the relationships. Keep it simple and funny. I really like the show because it reminds some of the old Get Smart that I watched when I was a kid. Yes I am really old! I hope they dont make the sub plot to deep with the relationships. Keep it simple and funny.
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14